How Good Can Derrick Rose Get?

And Rose = parker?

I dont see that at all, can u explain?
It's cause people always wanna compare Player A to Player B simpley because they resemble them physically. In the past I've heard:

Beasley = Coleman (Light skinned Lefty bigs with an inside-out game but Beasley WAY more athletic and honestly, different games)
Rose = Paker/Deron Williams (High yellow PG's but nothing alike. I somewhat see the D-Williams comparisons but the Tony Parker one? Wow....)
Adam Morrison = Larry Bird (White dudes with the same moustache and same form in jump shot. 2 totally different players when it comes down to it)
Harold Minor/Vince Carter/Kobe Bryant = Michael Jordan (Bald head with insane amounts of hops. All 4...completely different games. Kobe was the closest thingto MJ)
Joe Alexander = Wally World (Both white with an outside shot. I heard this comparison yesterday. Alexander is light years ahead of Wally athletically andrebounds better. C'mon!)

laugh.gif
@ high yellow.

heres how i would rank the PG's in the draft

1. Rose/Augustin
3. Oj Mayo
4. Eric Gordon
5. Bayless
6. Westbrook
Augustin FTW

/\ you on that kool-aid....hard.

And you got Gordon in front of Bayless and not one time did he run the point at Indiana

i dont see augustin doin that well to be honest...bayless is gonna be a monster i expect him to make a run for ROY

not one time did he run the point at Indiana
you obviously know nothing about college basketball, or even watch it for that matter.....
alien.gif
....your a fool if u think that list is wrong.... gordon is better thanbayless..... oj is better than gordon.... take a seat

reminder for those of us that seem to forget this fact.....we are judging based on what they did in college, we havent seen them in the pros, we arent going tosee them at the pre-draft workouts...we dont know how good they are going to be, everyone is just making assumptions....BUT we can rank them based on what theydid in college.......keep that in mind when making your statements....

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

And Rose = parker?

I dont see that at all, can u explain?
It's cause people always wanna compare Player A to Player B simpley because they resemble them physically. In the past I've heard:

Beasley = Coleman (Light skinned Lefty bigs with an inside-out game but Beasley WAY more athletic and honestly, different games)
Rose = Paker/Deron Williams (High yellow PG's but nothing alike. I somewhat see the D-Williams comparisons but the Tony Parker one? Wow....)
Adam Morrison = Larry Bird (White dudes with the same moustache and same form in jump shot. 2 totally different players when it comes down to it)
Harold Minor/Vince Carter/Kobe Bryant = Michael Jordan (Bald head with insane amounts of hops. All 4...completely different games. Kobe was the closest thing to MJ)
Joe Alexander = Wally World (Both white with an outside shot. I heard this comparison yesterday. Alexander is light years ahead of Wally athletically and rebounds better. C'mon!)

My dude its okay to disagree but to not pay attention to what I said. Okay shooter, gets to the hole at will, wont average more than 8 assists aseason. etc. I aint never compared dude to Deron Williams nor Jason Kidd cause Rose will never defer as much as Kidd, and Rose is best served for a uptemposystem because he is combo guard athletic. Beasley isnt a lot more athletic than DC was when he was drafted,and you can make the case that his game is based onskill and physicality.

My dude its okay to disagree but to not pay attention to what I said. Okay shooter, gets to the hole at will, wont average more than 8 assists a season. etc. I aint never compared dude to Deron Williams nor Jason Kidd cause Rose will never defer as much as Kidd, and Rose is best served for a uptempo system because he is combo guard athletic. Beasley isnt a lot more athletic than DC was when he was drafted,and you can make the case that his game is based on skill and physicality.
This dude talkin' like I was goin' strictly at him
laugh.gif
People in the past have thrown out the Deron Williams/J Kidd comparisons way before you came on board with your Tony Parker comparison. Keep upbuddy.

Back to Tony. With his combination of strength, size, and speed, Rose will be able to do things Tony Parker will only dream of doing. Rose is also a betterdefender than Tony is right now and he hasn't even played a game of professional basketball yet.
Beasley isnt a lot more athletic than DC was when he was drafted,and you can make the case that his game is based on skill and physicality.
I still think Beasley is more of a facilitator of the offense even when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. BUT we'll have to see howthat transcends to the NBA game.

Originally Posted by commodity05

not one time did he run the point at Indiana
you obviously know nothing about college basketball, or even watch it for that matter.....
alien.gif
....your a fool if u think that list is wrong.... gordon is better than bayless..... oj is better than gordon.... take a seat

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools"

Mayo is going to play point in the NBA....

CHICAGO -- The debate continues to rage in Chicago Bulls country about the No. 1 pick.

I spoke with John Paxson on Thursday and you can listen to the entire interview here on the podcast.

Paxson was adamant that the Bulls haven't made up their minds and won't decide what to do until they see both Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose work out. So whomever you put atop your mock draft, you have a 50 percent chance of saying "I told you so" to someone.

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Don Ryan

It's possible O.J. Mayo could find himself in Miami, paired with Dwyane Wade.

But after talking to Paxson, I think the theoretical guy he's describing -- the player who is a leader, who makes people better, has great character and can be a franchise player -- sounds like Rose. Paxson denied this on the interview, but more and more people in the league seem to be coming to the conclusion that this is Rose's pick to lose.

If the Bulls take Rose No. 1, that leads to an interesting scenario with the Heat at No. 2. Sources say the Heat want Rose, too, but if he's not on the board, a source familiar with the Heat's thinking told me that the team is interested in O.J. Mayo and think he might be a great fit in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade.

I'm not sure why the Heat are shying away from Beasley, as he would be a good fit in Miami. But I see why Miami likes Mayo. While Rose is a pure point guard, his lack of a jump shot would make him a somewhat less than ideal fit alongside Wade. Yes, the Heat would have the most athletic backcourt in the league, but without much outside shooting.

Mayo, on the other hand, is an excellent shooter with deep range. He also has enough point guard skills to run a team like Miami, especially with Wade, a combo guard, also handling the ball a lot. Mayo's basketball IQ and age (he'll be 21 in November) also make him a little more NBA-ready than Rose right now.

For several years NBA teams have ranked Mayo as the top prospect in his draft class. After a shaky start for USC, he came on strong at the end of the season. And he has looked awesome in his Chicago workouts with Tim Grover.

take a seat chump

alien.gif
....your a fool if u think that list is wrong.... gordon is better than bayless..... oj is better than gordon.... take a seat
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ what so you think bayless ranks ahead of all of em, or ahead of Gordon, or what.... i dont get what is so "hilarious" about the post or myopinion....what u just pasted is 100% true. i dont think anyone will doubt what i said just then. U can make the case that bayless is better than gordon, butchances are people are going to take gordon over bayless anyday.....

Shawty got a list for PG's.. and half of em dont even play the position.
and for this fool, Gordon is the only questionable one on there that might not play point, everyone else does......so your uneducated statement isquite wrong.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

i hope he falls off a motorcycle...

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
ok that was a low blow, but you cant blame me for being a little salty
mad.gif
mad.gif

I mean cmon first the Bulls beat us every year in the 90s than they rip us off and givve us the worst center in the NBA and in return they had our 2 lottery picks the past 2 years, and now they took a 3rd pick that should be ours.

I mean yall take everything from us. You guys just got Jordan and you still have a decent team and now you get Rose right on your lap while we have suffered like no one else for the past decade.

indifferent.gif
my man is really pissed about this.

My dude its okay to disagree but to not pay attention to what I said. Okay shooter, gets to the hole at will, wont average more than 8 assists a season. etc. I aint never compared dude to Deron Williams nor Jason Kidd cause Rose will never defer as much as Kidd, and Rose is best served for a uptempo system because he is combo guard athletic. Beasley isnt a lot more athletic than DC was when he was drafted,and you can make the case that his game is based on skill and physicality.
This dude talkin' like I was goin' strictly at him
laugh.gif
People in the past have thrown out the Deron Williams/J Kidd comparisons way before you came on board with your Tony Parker comparison. Keep up buddy.

Back to Tony. With his combination of strength, size, and speed, Rose will be able to do things Tony Parker will only dream of doing. Rose is also a better defender than Tony is right now and he hasn't even played a game of professional basketball yet.
Beasley isnt a lot more athletic than DC was when he was drafted,and you can make the case that his game is based on skill and physicality.
I still think Beasley is more of a facilitator of the offense even when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. BUT we'll have to see how that transcends to the NBA game.

Agreed on all points including the first one.
laugh.gif
But Beasley has a big issue if he is playing SF as a pro

I just mentioned that in another post but I think he might have to play some SF. I think his range of a skill set will allow him to but might bebest suited being a 4 in order to create matchup nightmares for bigger 4's. I still think his defense guarding 3's and 4's will need to get muchbetter. Too many times I saw him slack on defense and only worried about going after the defensive rebound.

I just mentioned that in another post but I think he might have to play some SF. I think his range of a skill set will allow him to but might be best suited being a 4 in order to create matchup nightmares for bigger 4's. I still think his defense guarding 3's and 4's will need to get much better. Too many times I saw him slack on defense and only worried about going after the defensive rebound.
If his physicality can translate then he can play the 4 but if he cant muscle with those bigs then he will be Melo with less range.

Originally Posted by haiti5

sick.gif
sick.gif
i think with proper development he can be the closet thing to the BIG O weve seen since Bron
laugh.gif

Oscar Robertson is one of the greatest players in the history of the league and averaged a triple-double for anentire season. Robertson was a 6'5" guard at a time when there were almost no guards his size.

Derrick Rose isn't going to come close to doing that. At 6'2 1/2" in shoes, he doesn't have a size advantage over most PGs., And although hedoes have an athletic advantage, it isn't as great of one as it would have been 10, 20, 30 years ago. There are a lot more spectacular athletes in theleague now than there were in the 1960's, 70's, 80's, etc.

Rose isn't a good enough playmaker, from what I've seen of him, to ever average 10+ APG. And he isn't likely to average 25 PPG.

IF he lives up to all the hype, I think he will be a Top 3-5 PG in the league for a long time. Maybe a 20/8 type guy at his best. But I want to wait and seehim play in the league for a year or two to see what kind of adjustments he needs to make t his game in order to reach his potential.

I also wonder if the NBA starts tweaking its rules to give the perimeter defenders a break. It's just stupid how every little touch or bump on theperimeter is a foul, while the offense can get away with using off arms to push off, moving screens and palming the ball to their advantage. If the rules werestrictly enforced, guys like Chris Paul would be much less effective than they are now. They'd still be very good, but they wouldn't be nearly asdominant if the rules were enforced in a way that didn't give them such an obvious advantage on the perimeter. I refer high scoring games over dulldefensive struggles as much as the next person -- but I'd also like to see moe evenly refereed games that at least allow perimeter defenders a decentchance of doing their jobs.

If the NBA ever tweaks these rules to give perimeter defenders a break, even the best PGs could find it a lot harder to dominate games.

Back
Top Bottom