How Good Can Derrick Rose Get?

I hate to say this but he reminds me of Antonio Daniels. (keep in mind he was 6'3 super athletic and the number 3 overall pick coming out of college) Idon't think he will be a bust though and I think he will be a great slashing PG that's not good at the free throw line or has an automatic jumper. Hewill be one of the best PG defenders in the NBA though.

Will he be injury prone and get a lot of phantom calls by the refs just like Chi towns other finest produced player

D-Whistle.

laugh.gif

If so someone needs to insert him in this gif:

fc535253eeeb4a944a7ea0188034627652280fc.gif

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Will he be injury prone and get a lot of phantom calls by the refs just like Chi towns other finest produced player

D-Whistle.

laugh.gif

If so someone needs to insert him in this gif:

fc535253eeeb4a944a7ea0188034627652280fc.gif

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

You suck at jokes.

i agree, its not even close as yall think. Beasley is the unanimous #1 pick...its just like last years Oden and Durant.... a no brainer

yup its all about his jumpshot. the guy is 6'3" and explosive. dude will get to the rack at will. if he develops a legit jumper like deron did he caneasily be one of the best pg in the league.

dont u dare compare him to antonio daniels...if anyone is antonio daniels its russel westbrook who theryre sayin is an lotery pick

A more athletic D-Will is what I see in him, meaning, if all goes to plan (and he develops just as Deron did + extra athleticism) once the batch of old guysretires (Kidd, Nash, ect) he could be a #2 point gaurd in the league, which is saying a lot.

And with Beasley I see a lot of Melo, but more posted, and maybe a better rebounder... its hard to say...

With draft picks, you have a ceiling and a basement. How good they could get, or how bad they could be....

Rose's ceiling is like Wade with a better stroke, better handles, better passing, and better rebounding (Ceiling mind you). His basement it two words.Antonio Daniels.

Beasley's ceiling is a more built, more determined, better rebounding, better defending Carmelo Anthony. His basement is Derrick Coleman.

So there is a risk with each of them. Last year, they did the smart thing with the top pick and took a guy with a higher basement at number 1 (Greg Oden, atworst, is Mutumbo. At best he is David Robinson 2.0) instead of a guy who could really turn out to be not much (Durant at worst is a poorer shooting RashardLewis, even though at best he is...well hes something new if he really pans out, which seems likely now for the ROY)

So if I am the Bulls, I probably take Rose, for a lot of reasons. He suits a need, hes a hometown guy to energize the city, he will at least be a serviceablePG and someone who can start in the league for many years, and probably play some decent defense and score a good amount. Beasley, even though he has grown upA LOT recently, still has the old label of "character problems", and if he felt like it, could end up doing little to nothing at all in the league. Idoubt he will though, I see them both being quiet good, just I would take Rose.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

A more athletic D-Will is what I see in him, meaning, if all goes to plan (and he develops just as Deron did + extra athleticism) once the batch of old guys retires (Kidd, Nash, ect) he could be a #2 point gaurd in the league, which is saying a lot.

And with Beasley I see a lot of Melo, but more posted, and maybe a better rebounder... its hard to say...

With draft picks, you have a ceiling and a basement. How good they could get, or how bad they could be....

Rose's ceiling is like Wade with a better stroke, better handles, better passing, and better rebounding (Ceiling mind you). His basement it two words. Antonio Daniels.

Beasley's ceiling is a more built, more determined, better rebounding, better defending Carmelo Anthony. His basement is Derrick Coleman.

So there is a risk with each of them. Last year, they did the smart thing with the top pick and took a guy with a higher basement at number 1 (Greg Oden, at worst, is Mutumbo. At best he is David Robinson 2.0) instead of a guy who could really turn out to be not much (Durant at worst is a poorer shooting Rashard Lewis, even though at best he is...well hes something new if he really pans out, which seems likely now for the ROY)

So if I am the Bulls, I probably take Rose, for a lot of reasons. He suits a need, hes a hometown guy to energize the city, he will at least be a serviceable PG and someone who can start in the league for many years, and probably play some decent defense and score a good amount. Beasley, even though he has grown up A LOT recently, still has the old label of "character problems", and if he felt like it, could end up doing little to nothing at all in the league. I doubt he will though, I see them both being quiet good, just I would take Rose.
Damn Good Accessment of both players. Based on that I'd definitely rather end up with a Antonio Daniels than a DC ( which would piss me off to theutmost everytime I saw him play )
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

You guys are ******ed if you think Rose will play point in the league.
You know absolutely nothing about basketball. Please refrain from posting in anymore threads regarding this sport. Thank You.

Sincerely Yours,

Niketalk Sports Forum.

I hate to say this but he reminds me of Antonio Daniels. (keep in mind he was 6'3 super athletic and the number 3 overall pick coming out of college) I don't think he will be a bust though and I think he will be a great slashing PG that's not good at the free throw line or has an automatic jumper. He will be one of the best PG defenders in the NBA though.

that's a good comparison at this point. Daniels was a no name when he was drafted - but has been solid enough to stay in the league to this point anddefense has a lot to do with that.
Calipari hasn't really produced any notable guards, though Rose has only been there one year. I'm not sure how much he's learned from the Memphissystem/Calipari. The learning curve will progress tremendously, once he's in the NBA. He'll hit the rookie wall and will struggle at some point. ButMark Jackson should be hired by the Bulls to guide him --- even as an assistant.

You right. He's gonna RUN point in the league.

What else is he gonna play? Why would he be a 2-Guard w/ no jumper to speak of? Why would you take him off the ball when he is most dangerous with the ballin his hands, running the fast break? Why did your mother not abort you?
ohwell.gif

J/k on the last part
happy.gif

^ No He's Serious... Just fears the possibility of banishment. So just take that on the chin like Ice
wink.gif

He will be as good as Rod Strickland but thats about it.
You talkin' like Rod was so-so. Dude was a killer and a G at that to add icing to that chocolate cake. And Pooh is bigger, stronger, moreathletic, and more explosive than Strickland. The sky is the limit for this dude. I honestly don't know too many PG's in the recent past who had theathleticism and strength that Rose has.

Why wouldn't he play the point? I'm not going to bash you like everyone else because I am really interested on what makes you think he won'tplay point in the NBA? I think he COULD play the 2 if he had to just because he is just so athletic, but have you even watched him play? The way he pushes theball up the floor is unreal, and then surround him with some NBA athletes flying in from the wing and the possibilities are endless. Also his jumpshot ismediocre at this point which is another reason I don't see why you put him at the 2. He's 6'4'' which is taller than most points, yet he isfaster than the majority of the point guards, not to mention stronger than most as well. Why would you put him at the 2 and lose all of those advantages hebrings you at the 1? He would be undersized, he wouldn't be able to use his strength as much against bigger 2s, and he has a mediocre jumpshot so theywould just lay off of him so he couldn't drive past them. But I would love to hear your side of the argument.
But anyway, like others have said, it all depends on how his jumpshot develops. He improved his shooting form drastically from high school so I thinkthat alone shows he knows he needs to work on his jumper. I know form doesn't mean everything but it at least shows he's making an effort.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You know absolutely nothing about basketball. Please refrain from posting in anymore threads regarding this sport. Thank You.

Sincerely Yours,

Niketalk Sports Forum.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom