How Have You Dealt With An Incarcerated Family Member or Loved One?

Please share your experiences.

I'm currently going through this and it's very hard for me to want to stay in touch with the person when I'm not sure if they are going to get outand do the same old @%*@.
tired.gif

Yes, but the person wasn't THAT close to me.

Cousin doing life for shooting (killing) another BLACK MAN, for sitting in his car with my cousin's wifey
ohwell.gif

#BlackOnBlackCrime

I can only speak from experience. Ive had a few family members locked up throughout my life, some still til this day. My mom awould take us to visit my unclewho been in and outta jail basically all his life and I remember it just brightening up his day. I still have an aunt thats been locked up my entire lifebasically...im 23

So I say:
Do what you can to make it easier for them, fi you got love for em
Send cards/letters
Dont forget about them, bcuz if you got love for em like I said...you wouldnt want your fam to forget about you, if it was the other way around.

-macNcheeesee

No, but my bf has, and he said it's hard. He visited his cousin once a month, and even sent cards, but dude wasn't very responsive/ignored my bf/toldguards he didn't want to see him. My bf felt discouraged and insulted, and he stopped visiting regularly. Now, he just writes, and gets nothing back. IDK.It's hard.

I remember reading that 80-90% of those in jail lose contact with the outside world after being imprisoned for two years. So, try to at least write once in awhile so they know you still care somewhat.

Originally Posted by rpjgator

Originally Posted by jasoner27

My older bro is locked up...hope he dies there....im just sayin.

eek.gif
????????
homie is a dead beat @ 24....son not in school...cant read/write for his life...no job...thinks he a respected blood...disrespectful....stealsfrom his own family....has no direction in life....just had a baby girl and 2 months before her b day gets locked up....have no pitty for theman kid...my mom still has love for him being thats her son and all but sometimes I dont understand why...but if she keeps messing withhim/supporting him...Ima have to cut her off too...sad to say but....thats how the cookie crumbles....

Damn joe I dont even wish death upon my worst enemies , ya brother? Wake up family!

But yeah the joint is crazy just keep ya dude updated with whats goin down in the world, ect. Give him some words of encouragement and most importantly send$$$$$ consistently. I done seen dudes hang themselves over they broad, so stay in contact and visit when ever you can. Being behind the wall alters one'sstate of mind, ya dig?

edit: Is ya dude in a fed or state joint?

Originally Posted by rpjgator

My older bro is locked up...hope he dies there....im just sayin.
eek.gif
????????
homie is a dead beat @ 24....son not in school...cant read/write for his life...no job...thinks he a respected blood...disrespectful....steals from his own family....has no direction in life....just had a baby girl and 2 months before her b day gets locked up....have no pitty for the man kid...my mom still has love for him being thats her son and all but sometimes I dont understand why...but if she keeps messing with him/supporting him...Ima have to cut her off too...sad to say but....thats how the cookie crumbles....

frown.gif

Hope things get better man...

Back
Top Bottom