How in the world did MJ balled in the Jordan 1's back in 84/85 NBA Season????

Psssh, 2010 shoes, 2001 shoes, barefoot... Y'all are soft.
Back when I was a kid in Soviet Russia, the guards at the corrective labor camps made us play basketball while wearing hollowed out bricks on our feet.

Those things stayed fresh and ds forever man... good times. I still have a pair in my closet. Might  break them out on the court someday.

Psssh, 2010 shoes, 2001 shoes, barefoot... Y'all are soft.
Back when I was a kid in Soviet Russia, the guards at the corrective labor camps made us play basketball while wearing hollowed out bricks on our feet.

Those things stayed fresh and ds forever man... good times. I still have a pair in my closet. Might  break them out on the court someday.

Originally Posted by magc840

roll.gif

Back when I was a kid we played in flipflops that tore apart.

I think that's in the Philippines only.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I did that as a kid too
roll.gif

The insoles on the 2001 version sucked. It's just a spongy foam type insole. On top of that, the material underneath the insole was a nylon "cast" like material.
The 85's and 94's had better insoles and the material underneath is cardboard, just like the AJ 6 retros from this year.
I've played basketball in my 94's and 01's. You feel the ground more with the 01's since it's cushioning is thin due to the sponge insole. Using an AJ 11 (2000-01) or AJ 5 insole improves the comfort.

roll.gif

I did that as a kid too
roll.gif

The insoles on the 2001 version sucked. It's just a spongy foam type insole. On top of that, the material underneath the insole was a nylon "cast" like material.
The 85's and 94's had better insoles and the material underneath is cardboard, just like the AJ 6 retros from this year.
I've played basketball in my 94's and 01's. You feel the ground more with the 01's since it's cushioning is thin due to the sponge insole. Using an AJ 11 (2000-01) or AJ 5 insole improves the comfort.

i think the last thing on his mind is how comfortable his shoes are...it's a nice benefit now, but when you're out there...just play ball

i think the last thing on his mind is how comfortable his shoes are...it's a nice benefit now, but when you're out there...just play ball

Um, do I dare say these are my choice of shoes for balling? Seriously.

I wear my Black/Royal I's, and they're just fine.

I have the OG Black/Red and I won't dare play in those, but the built of that shoe is ridiculously good.

...And yes, I strongly agree. Most players of the past were tough and didn't complain much, content. 

We have DIVAS in most of the sports these days, it is pathetic. Attitude and professionalism.

Um, do I dare say these are my choice of shoes for balling? Seriously.

I wear my Black/Royal I's, and they're just fine.

I have the OG Black/Red and I won't dare play in those, but the built of that shoe is ridiculously good.

...And yes, I strongly agree. Most players of the past were tough and didn't complain much, content. 

We have DIVAS in most of the sports these days, it is pathetic. Attitude and professionalism.

the 1 retros in general were not comfortable. i think the 09 cushioning is a "little" better then the 94 were but that isnt saying much. i find ones to be an uncomfortable shoe no matter what year and dont wear them much at alll. feels like your walking on concrete

the 1 retros in general were not comfortable. i think the 09 cushioning is a "little" better then the 94 were but that isnt saying much. i find ones to be an uncomfortable shoe no matter what year and dont wear them much at alll. feels like your walking on concrete

MJ said it best at the end of the video. "My feet are killing me, but it was fun." "The shoes just mean shoes, I think you still just have to play the game."

I miss how Ahmad Rashad always had the inside scoop on MJ, including his kicks. NBA on NBC used to showcase MJ's shoes. I remember when he came back and wore the XI's in the playoffs, Ahmad had the scoop.

MJ said it best at the end of the video. "My feet are killing me, but it was fun." "The shoes just mean shoes, I think you still just have to play the game."

I miss how Ahmad Rashad always had the inside scoop on MJ, including his kicks. NBA on NBC used to showcase MJ's shoes. I remember when he came back and wore the XI's in the playoffs, Ahmad had the scoop.

As has been said, I'm sure they were custom fitted for him. I doubt any player sponsored player wears off the shelf shoes.

As has been said, I'm sure they were custom fitted for him. I doubt any player sponsored player wears off the shelf shoes.

It's not because they were uncomfortable. He's wearing 1 1/2 sizes down! From sz13.5 to 12. Any of us would feel pain...

He mentioned it. 

It's not because they were uncomfortable. He's wearing 1 1/2 sizes down! From sz13.5 to 12. Any of us would feel pain...

He mentioned it. 

did Jordan's feet grow 1.5 size larger, or is the way I's fit? i have I's and XI's in identical size and they feel about the same size to me. maybe XI slightly narrower.

Back
Top Bottom