How long do you watch sports?

Do you only watch your favorite team play, or do you watch every game that comes on?

^ ok thought it was just me...some dudes watch every game and im like how can you do that...thought it was some macho type stuff

basketball , football, soccer , hockey, rugby (college included for those listed )

i could sit there and watch no problem as long as the game is entertaining :pimp:

yeah im a falcons fan I watch every game they play but I just don't see how some people watch every game all day long.

I can watch any NFL game regardless of the teams, which is why Sundays are basically dead days for me. I don't do a damn thing but watch football on Sundays :lol: I can even find solace in a Chiefs versus Browns game, but thankfully Sunday Ticket helps me avoid that.

As far as the NBA, until the playoffs, I mainly just watch my home teams and the marquee games. I can watch any track meet when it sneaks up since it's rarely advertised, unless it's the World Championships or Olympics. Soccer would have to be a marquee thing, and I just watch most of the big CFB games and keep tabs on local/state games.

Last edited:
I love the NFL I really do but when the falcons aren't playing I usually fall asleep during the other games...is there any tips to get more passionate about it...like how do I follow it more heavily

Only watch NBA, and even then it's pretty much any nationally televised game or whatever is on NBATV. Summer and early Fall are quite boring lol.

basketball , football, soccer , hockey, rugby (college included for those listed )
i could sit there and watch no problem as long as the game is entertaining
pimp.gif
basically...as long as its competitive, ill watch it..

not even trying to be macho, just never really cared for sitcoms, reality tv, etc...

fresh prince/seinfeld/martin reruns are the only non sports i watch on tv..

feind mode and i aint eem mad :pimp:

NFL: I'll watch just about any game but obviously I key in on the Raiders and attractive match ups.

NCAAFB: I watch marquee match ups and teams with players I know personally or know of b/c they played high school ball in my region

NBA: I most Warriors games, don't really pay attention to the rest of the league until playoffs butI'll usually have a game on just to have something on.

MLB: Former baseball player and former serious fan... that was 10 years ago. Now I might watch a game a season with friends or something.

EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/MLS/Lique 1/Brazilian Serie A/Liga MX: For the most part I'll watch any game any where

Last edited:
I love the NFL I really do but when the falcons aren't playing I usually fall asleep during the other games...is there any tips to get more passionate about it...like how do I follow it more heavily
fantasy football, sunday ticket, and dual tuners (doubleplay) keeps me glued to the tv all day Sunday. I'm either watching the best match ups of the week or my following my fantasy players.

Basketball I try to watch all my teams games and any games I think will be a good matchup / I'm interested in.

Obviously I just cant watch every single game I want to but I watch a lot.

basketball, i will watch all the marquee games and probably 70 games or so of miami's

football, usually watch all sunday games and all of eagles. if im not busy on mondays or thursdays, ill catch those too.

Giants fan but I catch just about every game game both ny teams play. I watch almost every nfl night game in addition.

I watch way too many NBA games. So many good and entertaining players and teams it's hard not to. And it sucks because I live on the east coast and by the time inside the NBA or whatever post game coverage is over it gets really late here. (I kno I can't complain Im up at 5 am right now :lol: but tonight's an exception)

I rarely watch euro club soccer matches until the knockout stages of the CL. During the WC and Euro Cup I catch as many matches as I can.

To answer your question though OP, I watch teams other than the ones I root for, which can get disgustingly time consuming sometimes.

It's funny how I can never find time to watch a 2 hour movie but I have no problem finding time to watch multiple 3 hour sporting events in a day :lol:

Last edited:
When I was younger I used to only watch my teams play but now I watch everything. Watching as many games as possible is so much more fulfilling, you gain a greater appreciation for the sport.
Football I watch games all Sunday, and for basketball it becomes a pick and choose thing but I'm watching a game at any given time during the night doesn't matter who is playing but certain teams take priority over others

Last edited:
NBA I can watch any game... Throughout the season I always have a game on at night.

NFL I can watch most teams... Every Sunday my TV is on going back & forth with games.

NCAA basketball I can only watch my team & the big matchups. MLB I used to watch the Mets & other big games, but I haven't watched a baseball game (Not counting going to the stadium) in awhile. I still try & keep up on news & updates though.

Boxing I'll watch the big matchups too.

I refuse to leave the house on Sunday's, i watch every single afternoon football game, the SNF matchups only get watched if Philly is playing because there's just way too many TV shows I like on at the same time (Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland, Walking Dead :x :x :x ). I DVR what I can

during basketball season I don't really mind missing games i just try to catch all the TNT games and some of my local games on a day when there's not a non sports TV show i watch

as bad as boxing is today I still watch every fight that comes on HBO or PPV (not paying for it of course :tongue:)

And having DVR is a god send, and NBATV and NFL Network do a great job at replaying games as well.

When I'm not working or spending family time, every single sporting event. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, tennis, golf. Swimming and T&F to a lesser extent.

And how could I forget boxing and MMA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom