How long should you wait before you call the place you interviewed for?

3 days? 7? 14?

At any point should you just take the hint and assume its a no? I just want some closure.

Originally Posted by Arrogance

3 days? 7? 14?

At any point should you just take the hint and assume its a no? I just want some closure.

184.jpg

You should write a letter to the interviewer as soon as you leave the building and stick it in the mail. Then follow up with them a week later.

Pick up the book "48 Days to the Work You Love". He's got some great tips on getting in with a company and some effective ways of following up after you got the interview.

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we $%!+!+. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

You should write a letter to the interviewer as soon as you leave the building and stick it in the mail. Then follow up with them a week later.

Pick up the book "48 Days to the Work You Love". He's got some great tips on getting in with a company and some effective ways of following up after you got the interview.
I did this. Guess I'm gonna call then

After a week you should make that call back. Sometimes they forget. For example:

My friend never followed up after the thank you email. I told him that you should call back after a week.

He delayed and didn't call/email back until more than a month later.

The company that he was trying to get an internship with honestly forgot to email him cause they were probably busy with other things and it slipped their minds.

He got the engineering internship less than a day after he called about it 
pimp.gif

Depends what kind of Company it is, took me almost 6months to get hired. The interview was in late Dec. and I received a call late April. I never called back thinking they weren't interested. Feels good new job in June fellas
pimp.gif

They keep resumes on file for 6 months. Took me two before I got a call back to work.

I usually call right after i shake their hand after the interview. then i spy from afar to make sure they picked up

Back
Top Bottom