How long were you at your job till you lost that "Spark"?

At another job I had it was when we got a new CIO who was clearly out of his element but talked a good political game and making myself and other team members do tasks that had nothing to do with our positions. After a couple months literally everyone on the team was looking for a new gig.

I've heard GREAT things about coding bootcamps.
Take 3-5 months and it's literally the future
Careful with those. Been reading that these bootcamps are the new version of those scam for profit colleges like ITT tech

Alot of money is being invested into these bootcamps

Careful with those. Been reading that these bootcamps are the new version of those scam for profit colleges like ITT tech

Alot of money is being invested into these bootcamps

Funny you mention this. I just took the elevator with two women who were talking about a "bootcamp course" :lol:

3 exciting years. When January of year 4 rolled around, I was on chill mode.

You ain't lying :smh: that's what prompted me to start looking.
Yeah, man. I really want to look into signing up for one of those accelerated programming classes. Would love to get into the tech field.

Same. Started my first job in 2012... been in sneakers and sweatpants since May 2017. I haven’t got a hair cut since I quit that first job either :pimp:

What do you do again? Aren't you in the grow business?

I'd like to hear more about it because from what I remember your story was pretty interesting.

I would say the moment you feel complacent, it’s time to move on. However, appreciate your position while you plot your promotion. I’ve seen many co-workers talk that ish about being unhappy and wanting to leave, and wore their emotions on their sleeves. When they got hit with that termination email, they act like they were blindsided. Always leave on your own terms and don’t burn bridges on your way out.

I'm in education, so I was really passionate and excited for the first 3 years, but it's all been downhill since then. And it has nothing to do with the kids. We have great kids where I'm at. Unsurprisingly, it's the adults that have to make things so much more difficult, especially admin and co-workers in the dept.

7 years in and these last 3 been some BS. Too many changes, union is weak, coworkers too phoney etc. Real crab in a bucket mentality at this place g.
Really thinking bout cashing out round Sept-Oct because I need a change. Stacking up in the meantime

Like has been said in here, I'm at the 2 year mark with my current company and I'm feeling the fatigue as well. I interviewed at another company two weeks ago but didn't get the position. I'll continue the search

In my opinion when you become actively disengaged you should find work elsewhere, I have been there before and immediately found another job.

I like my job now.

Last job I was there like a year and a half. Kept telling me I’d get a raise. Didn’t get one until I yelled at my boss because he kept pulling the “we’ll talk about it later” thing. I quit after I got my raise anyways. They pissed me off.

It was no hard feelings and we’re cool still but don’t play with my money. I go to work to mane money. It’s not my hobby.

Then the owner called me a few months later offering to match my current job, which is 11 more an hour. I turned that down quick. :lll

Right around last year. Started working in 2015.. so 3 years is when i had lost the "spark".

Back
Top Bottom