How many of you still care about shoes?

I still have an interest in shoes but not as much as in the past. Like a few have mentioned I rarely have the chance to rock the ones I have, I have to wear casual/dress shoes Mon-Fri. and we only get jeans/sneaker days once in a while. And I feel you Fong, one day on casual day co-workers were hitting me with all kinds of comments and all I was wearing was a pair of neon 95's.

I still have an interest in shoes but not as much as in the past. Like a few have mentioned I rarely have the chance to rock the ones I have, I have to wear casual/dress shoes Mon-Fri. and we only get jeans/sneaker days once in a while. And I feel you Fong, one day on casual day co-workers were hitting me with all kinds of comments and all I was wearing was a pair of neon 95's.

Add me to list.

Collecting kicks is like dating a high maintenance female, expensive and it never ends.

And like others said, I never get to wear them during the week due to work so having a rack of kicks is almost pointless.

But those cf xi's will be mine.

Add me to list.

Collecting kicks is like dating a high maintenance female, expensive and it never ends.

And like others said, I never get to wear them during the week due to work so having a rack of kicks is almost pointless.

But those cf xi's will be mine.

I still love footwear, about, wow, eight years later.

It seems to me the art of collecting has somewhat died due to several releases (not blaming Nike, go make money), enormous supply of fakes, and extreme spread of the hypebeast. If you were into the shoe game as an underground thing, then the hobby has kind of died, similar to baseball cards.

I think there are still a few of us who may have started that way, but have really transitioned into appreciating every subtle aspect of design, technology, and innovation.

I'll admit I've always been able to get excited about a nice pair of Italian loafers as I have Jordans or any Nikes. I just love footwear. The design, beauty, and innovation that goes into designing excellent shoes of any kind is the same process that goes into any expressive field, whether it be science, art, or mathematics.

For me, seeing the improvements made in the LeBron VIII over the VII, for instance, or the absolutely gorgeous design of the Jordan V, is a timeless hobby.

I will admit it still pisses me off, like anyone else, to have a shoe you love snatched by some idiot who is buying them to look at.

I'll probably lose a little interest as I'm going to college next year to be a broke college student. 
ohwell.gif

I still love footwear, about, wow, eight years later.

It seems to me the art of collecting has somewhat died due to several releases (not blaming Nike, go make money), enormous supply of fakes, and extreme spread of the hypebeast. If you were into the shoe game as an underground thing, then the hobby has kind of died, similar to baseball cards.

I think there are still a few of us who may have started that way, but have really transitioned into appreciating every subtle aspect of design, technology, and innovation.

I'll admit I've always been able to get excited about a nice pair of Italian loafers as I have Jordans or any Nikes. I just love footwear. The design, beauty, and innovation that goes into designing excellent shoes of any kind is the same process that goes into any expressive field, whether it be science, art, or mathematics.

For me, seeing the improvements made in the LeBron VIII over the VII, for instance, or the absolutely gorgeous design of the Jordan V, is a timeless hobby.

I will admit it still pisses me off, like anyone else, to have a shoe you love snatched by some idiot who is buying them to look at.

I'll probably lose a little interest as I'm going to college next year to be a broke college student. 
ohwell.gif

Not at all anymore. All I wear are my one pair of vans and my one pair of chucks. I recently bought the volts and the freshwaters like 5 months ago. I wore them like twice each now they collect dust.

Not at all anymore. All I wear are my one pair of vans and my one pair of chucks. I recently bought the volts and the freshwaters like 5 months ago. I wore them like twice each now they collect dust.

I still care.  Hard not to w/ upcoming releases like the cool greys, xiii's, and bourdreaux vii's dropping. 

About a year or so after college (3 years ago) I thought I was losing interest but lately, I've been buying shoes every other month.   

Hard hobby/ habit to break. 
ohwell.gif

I still care.  Hard not to w/ upcoming releases like the cool greys, xiii's, and bourdreaux vii's dropping. 

About a year or so after college (3 years ago) I thought I was losing interest but lately, I've been buying shoes every other month.   

Hard hobby/ habit to break. 
ohwell.gif

i've slimmed down my collection and sold all the ds pairs.  i'm about to flip more so i don't have to come out of pocket on my next tattoo.

but i still buy shoes too.  not like before but if some jays are coming out or some nikes i want i'll still get them.  just not EVERY jordan like before.

i've slimmed down my collection and sold all the ds pairs.  i'm about to flip more so i don't have to come out of pocket on my next tattoo.

but i still buy shoes too.  not like before but if some jays are coming out or some nikes i want i'll still get them.  just not EVERY jordan like before.

Back
Top Bottom