how many vacations do yall take a year?

2 Annually

1.5 - 2 weeks in Nigeria

1 week out of the country (previously toronto/ paris)

Extended weekends to CA, FL, SC, NY. when I work extra hours and get Friday off.

2017:
Palm Springs for a week in March
Las Vegas for a week in April
San Diego for two weeks in May
Maui for two weeks in August (best vacation I've had by far)
Las Vegas for a week in November

2018:
Anaheim/Disneyland for week in January and again in March
Mexico cruise for two weeks in July
Going to try to do Hawaii again this year or early next year

Last year I had finally reached the seniority to take 4 weeks vac. Then we went through a merger. Now I'm back to 3 weeks. With this new company, it's structured a little different. But I'll get that 4th week back in 2 years. I usually take the first week in February and 2 weeks consecutively sometime in the summer. The Feb vac I usually just kick back locally. Recover from the long 5 month holiday season. Then the summer vac is where I usually travel somewhere.

Do you guys travel alone?

I been wanting to go to England. Since. As of now I can get by with talking to people :lol:

I’m 27. All da homies either married or still broke :lol:

I want to try to roll solo dolo

I been wanting to go to England. Since. As of now I can get by with talking to people :lol:

27 here and I'm in the same situation as you. Friends have different vacation times or are in long-term relationships. No knock but it's different when it's just the boys.

Traveling alone is great. You get to do whatever you want when you want. I'm into photography too so it helps pass the time looking for places to shoot.

Spent a week in London and a week in Paris earlier this year. Going to NYC for a week starting next Friday.

I’ll probably end up doing Africa solo. I’ve beem asking my friends about it since last year but no one seems to be with it right now. :smh:

Anyone have any recommendations as far as which countries I should try out for my first visit to the continent?

-I usually do a 2 week where I go to multiple locations.

-A one week at one location.

-I use my remaining vacation days and personal days to take extended weekends. Might travel to a near by city, or go visit family, or attend weddings etc.

None. I currently work per diem and i feel like i dont deserve a vacation.

Going to Paris in May. Girlfriend wants me to go so bad. How bad is WOWair?

27 here and I'm in the same situation as you. Friends have different vacation times or are in long-term relationships. No knock but it's different when it's just the boys.

Traveling alone is great. You get to do whatever you want when you want. I'm into photography too so it helps pass the time looking for places to shoot.

Spent a week in London and a week in Paris earlier this year. Going to NYC for a week starting next Friday.

Awesome bro. You went to London alone? That’s exactly where’s i want to go. How was it during the day and how is the night life?
Are the people friendly?

All my vacation so 3 weeks currently. Sometimes I might go somewhere far for 12 days or something or sometimes I might take 3 just to go to Vegas. Just got back from there actually the other day.

I top out at 5 weeks vacation in another two years if I stay at my job.

Just 1 week last year and couple weeks of PTO from being injured from the job lol...

I just got hired as a permanent position towards the end of 2016. So I've been trying to stack up my vacation hours

Last edited:

I have before and enjoyed it. Depends on your personality I suppose. I'm a solitary person by nature, so I don't mind exploring on my own and just soaking up my surroundings.

IDK if I'd do Europ dolo though. That sounds like big step if you're not used to traveling alone.

London wouldn’t be a bad spot to hit solo imo. You’ve got the advantage of being among people who speak English as well. You’d be surprised of how big of a deal is while traveling in Europe. :lol:

Getting around is pretty easy out there. Definitely worth a visit. If you’re confident in your ability to have a good time solo, I’d say go for it. The people I ran into were all chill, but I went with women so that could’ve played into it as well.

Yolo fam.

I’ll probably end up doing Africa solo. I’ve beem asking my friends about it since last year but no one seems to be with it right now. :smh:

Anyone have any recommendations as far as which countries I should try out for my first visit to the continent?

South Africa-so many things to do, especially in Cape Town.

I can't imagine travelling by myself but then again I am married. I would get in so much trouble by myself :lol:

London wouldn’t be a bad spot to hit solo imo. You’ve got the advantage of being among people who speak English as well. You’d be surprised of how big of a deal is while traveling in Europe. :lol:

Getting around is pretty easy out there. Definitely worth a visit. If you’re confident in your ability to have a good time solo, I’d say go for it. The people I ran into were all chill, but I went with women so that could’ve played into it as well.

Yolo fam.

Awesome man.
I might just do it. Got some good Groupon deals :lol:

How’s the night life?

Nightlife was pretty dope. Hit up a few bars in Westminster and go from there. From what I saw, it’s not very uncommon to see people sitting solo at the bar fronts, so if you’ve got a decent way with words, it would be worth striking up a conversation with someone at the bar. Women over there “love your American accent” :lol:

I did Europe with two women, one of whom I had a fling with. I wasn’t able to shoot any shots over there, but I got to scope out the landscape and see how things are. I’d definitely go back. Wouldn’t mind doing it solo, but having a group of guys on the same savage page could be an interesting adventure. :lol:

South Africa-so many things to do, especially in Cape Town.

I can't imagine travelling by myself but then again I am married. I would get in so much trouble by myself :lol:

Honestly I’ve been debating between Cape Town and Egypt. Cape Town is in the lead as of now.

I’m trying to decide on whether or not I’ll just say **** it and book something out in a Cape Town hostel for March. :lol:

As many as I can squeeze in. Traveling is one of my obsessions. Have some dope stuff set up for this yr already.

Aruba in a month. Florida a few times. Cuba & Ecuador. Europe for 3 weeks this summer.

Honestly I’ve been debating between Cape Town and Egypt. Cape Town is in the lead as of now.

I’m trying to decide on whether or not I’ll just say **** it and book something out in a Cape Town hostel for March. :lol:

Cape town and Johannesburg is my vote bro. Cape has the penguins.

South africa is my heart. I fully support you and anyone else going there.

Dead ***...it's like wakanda. From the standpoint that people think africa is poor and people are in huts and aids everywhere..and its the exact opposite. It's an insanely rich continent. Rich on resources. Very fancy. Very clean. And lowkey unknown for the most part, unless you've been there.

Last edited:

giphy (2).gif

Keep an eye out on this water shortage they are having tho. I was just there in November and had no issues but I was staying with Family.

from 2012 to 2016, i didnt take ish...3 day wknd here and there but no real destination. i was of the mindset of why take vacation if i aint going anywhere.
plus i run my own department here at work so i knew no one would cover me if i was gone...had some personnel changes here and i stopped giving a f...so i stopped worrying about the work and focused on my life

since summer 2016 ive taken 3 7-9 day vacations every 5-6 months.
next trip is on the 8th, adding more stamps to the passport :pimp:
after i get back ill still have like 100 hours of PTO plus sick days...

Back
Top Bottom