How much do intentions mean to you?

If someone wrongs you or makes a mistake...how much do you take into account their intentions?

Example:
A female friend of mine is engaged to this guy.  She gets pregnant but she doesn't really want to have children yet.  She has a discussion with her fiancee saying she isn't sure whether she wants to keep the baby or not.  Even though she tells him that, in his excitement (its his first child), he tells his and her parents about her being pregnant.  The guy made a mistake.  Months have passed and she's still preggo but she's still furious at him to the point that she isn't sure she wants to marry him.

She says because of what he did (not any other actions throughout their relationship), he is a selfish person and doesn't think about her feelings.
I say that the action doesn't make the person.  He made a mistake and I'm sure he wasn't thinking "Yo F what she think, I'm telling them about the baby".  She says the intentions don't matter.  What do ya'll think?

If someone wrongs you or makes a mistake...how much do you take into account their intentions?

Example:
A female friend of mine is engaged to this guy.  She gets pregnant but she doesn't really want to have children yet.  She has a discussion with her fiancee saying she isn't sure whether she wants to keep the baby or not.  Even though she tells him that, in his excitement (its his first child), he tells his and her parents about her being pregnant.  The guy made a mistake.  Months have passed and she's still preggo but she's still furious at him to the point that she isn't sure she wants to marry him.

She says because of what he did (not any other actions throughout their relationship), he is a selfish person and doesn't think about her feelings.
I say that the action doesn't make the person.  He made a mistake and I'm sure he wasn't thinking "Yo F what she think, I'm telling them about the baby".  She says the intentions don't matter.  What do ya'll think?

I'm for abortion, but if this chick doesn't want to have a kid, then why is she engaged and going raw? Her intentions are selfish and suspect.

I'm for abortion, but if this chick doesn't want to have a kid, then why is she engaged and going raw? Her intentions are selfish and suspect.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Yup

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Yup

She is furious at the him because he told his parents? What a psycho.  She doesn't deserve to have kids if she is thinking about having an abortion just because she is mad at the guy.

She is furious at the him because he told his parents? What a psycho.  She doesn't deserve to have kids if she is thinking about having an abortion just because she is mad at the guy.

Intentions are highly important to me. They can tell you a lot about a person's character and sincerity(or lack thereof).

Intentions are highly important to me. They can tell you a lot about a person's character and sincerity(or lack thereof).

Intentions mean alot, but sometimes it's hard to tell what someone's intentions are and whether they truly meant them or whether they're just saying they did.

Intentions mean alot, but sometimes it's hard to tell what someone's intentions are and whether they truly meant them or whether they're just saying they did.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

She's saying that he made it so that she couldn't have the abortion if she wanted to because he told everybody which would make her look bad to everyone.

And we're past the abortion stage anyway.  She's 5 months pregnant.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

She's saying that he made it so that she couldn't have the abortion if she wanted to because he told everybody which would make her look bad to everyone.

And we're past the abortion stage anyway.  She's 5 months pregnant.

It's no more wrong than if he didn't want to have it and she told her peoples...but isn't being upset for that reason selfish in itself?...but at the end of the day, you gotta accept the consequences if you Martin Raw Dawg Payne'n it without rubs/bc..no matter your sex

It's no more wrong than if he didn't want to have it and she told her peoples...but isn't being upset for that reason selfish in itself?...but at the end of the day, you gotta accept the consequences if you Martin Raw Dawg Payne'n it without rubs/bc..no matter your sex

She's so ashamed of herself for not wanting the baby that she hates him now just cause he told her parents?

Screw intentions, she is a selfish woman.

Her shame is enough to not want to marry him now?

Good, he's better off cause she must not have liked him very much to start.

She's so ashamed of herself for not wanting the baby that she hates him now just cause he told her parents?

Screw intentions, she is a selfish woman.

Her shame is enough to not want to marry him now?

Good, he's better off cause she must not have liked him very much to start.

its not even that she doesnt want kids...she doesnt want them NOW...

i'm confused cuz they are engaged and yes kids were planned for now but to tell them man you plan on marrying you don't want his kid now is kinda mean and selfish...

i can understand why she's mad at him tho cuz even if it wasn't his intention to disregard her feelings abortion is a big deal and she may not have wanted anyone to know if she was going to to through with it...

i'm confused cuz they are engaged and yes kids were planned for now but to tell them man you plan on marrying you don't want his kid now is kinda mean and selfish...

i can understand why she's mad at him tho cuz even if it wasn't his intention to disregard her feelings abortion is a big deal and she may not have wanted anyone to know if she was going to to through with it...

Intentions mean nothing. What other people do to me has much more effect than why they do it, so I don't care much about the latter.

Intentions mean nothing. What other people do to me has much more effect than why they do it, so I don't care much about the latter.

so the debate is whether the guy told his family because he wanted them to know he was having a child versus so she would feel pressured to keep the child? now she's not sure she wants to marry him because of this? she's not being reasonable

so the debate is whether the guy told his family because he wanted them to know he was having a child versus so she would feel pressured to keep the child? now she's not sure she wants to marry him because of this? she's not being reasonable

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I am all about freedom of choice but if she is that ashamed then there is a reason and that is NOT his fault in any way.

Oh god my parents know what i wanna do now i hate you!!!

Does that makes sense at all?

No.

Back
Top Bottom