How much money is enough money?

My wife and I are on track to make 180k this year and you would think we would be living on easy street but just look at some quick break downs

20k to Church - we give a bit more than our 10%
63k to Taxes
18k to Retirement
18k (10% to Savings
18k to Mortgage (Property Tax, PMI, Homeowners Insurance)

So with those 5 items almost 137 of the 180 is already gone.

Then just off the top you can take another
1.2k for Parking (100 a month)
1.8k for Cell Phone
1.8k for Cable, Internet, and Home Phone
3k for Utilities
3k for Gas (Driving)
5k for Groceries
so that is another 16k

so 153 of 180 is taken care of, with 27k remaining for everything else.
You need to do something about that church subscription.

Enough to have a nice house in a nice neighborhood in SoCal, a whip in the 60-80K range, and the ability to go on international trips.

Last edited:
Anything under 250K annually would be a disappointment.

Doesn't it say in the bible God is everywhere he better go to the park and talk to God for free
roll.gif

I applaud you.

If other people had an additional 20k.. they would probably spend it on electronics, clothing, drug habit, car, vacation home or whatever to make themselves feel good. It sounds like your love for your Church makes you feel good so more power to you.

Plus it's a tax deduction so why not? :lol:
why though?

cuz it makes him feel good..?

if i had 20k extra... and spent it on kicks... and it made me feel good..

would you applaud me?

:lol: @ folks going in...

20k, is OD... no wonder pastors stay whippin' fresh Caddys...

but to each his own...

im pretty sure he's writing off da 20 stacks to da church in taxes and getting it write back.

as far as what i'd be comfortable with? i wanna be a six figure ******

Last edited:
Peterwarrick- not to be giving you financial advice but with that income and no debt, why not pay that mortgage down so you can avoid having to pay PMI?

I just want to be a billionaire or close to it.

It'd be a much better situation if I didn't have to worry about income at all or anything I bought ever.

i just got home from the new york auto show...........

i need powerball type money

with no knowledge about what was said in this thread all I gotta say is this:

Money doesn't buy happiness? You just haven't made enough

I applaud you.

If other people had an additional 20k.. they would probably spend it on electronics, clothing, drug habit, car, vacation home or whatever to make themselves feel good. It sounds like your love for your Church makes you feel good so more power to you.

Plus it's a tax deduction so why not? :lol:

"my income has increase 80k to 130k,"

So ol' boy like others who give to the church give it for selfish reasons. I used to attend church and pastor would preach 100% return on what you give to the church. A lot of poor people who attend these churches give a huge chunk of their income and get nothing in return while their kids starve. It's science, the act of giving to the church essentially lights up the same brain centers associated with gambling and playing the lottery. Very few will win, most get hosed, the pimp...I mean pastor can afford a caddy and more Steve Harvey suits.

If you really want to help people, start a local soup kitchen, buy some clothes for orphans or even adopt....send the money to trustworthy charitable organizations.

bdw, giving 20 grand to strippers to put em through school>.>>>>>>throwing it away the trash.

@ END RANT. :D

Last edited:
My wife and I are on track to make 180k this year and you would think we would be living on easy street but just look at some quick break downs

20k to Church - we give a bit more than our 10%
63k to Taxes
18k to Retirement
18k (10% to Savings
18k to Mortgage (Property Tax, PMI, Homeowners Insurance)

So with those 5 items almost 137 of the 180 is already gone.

Then just off the top you can take another
1.2k for Parking (100 a month)
1.8k for Cell Phone
1.8k for Cable, Internet, and Home Phone
3k for Utilities
3k for Gas (Driving)
5k for Groceries
so that is another 16k

so 153 of 180 is taken care of, with 27k remaining for everything else.

Just Something to ponder upon but imagine if that 20k a year was chilling in a trust fund for your future kid and imagine you take care of him through college 20k x 21 :x

Just real talk with you homie women lie men lie etc relationships hardly ever last people lose their jobs etc if you ever do decide to go the route of having a kid your expenses will only go up
and kids are expensive and when little jimmy turns 16 and asks for that m3 and you cant afford it for him he will resent you and once he finds out you guys gave away 20k every year so his pastor could eat lil jimmys ganna be rustled and flip out and forever resent both of you guys and be like no wonder mom/dad left you when hes out there struggling working that 9 to five just to survive :smh:

Last edited:
Its all about what you consider yourself worth. People are on here talking about 80k by the end of their career are selling themselves short in my opinion. I dropped out and got my ged and made 63k last year doing sales for my first year im a manager now making overrides on my team so im looking at 100k this year and im 23. All about what u consider Yourself worth and how hard your willing to work now to never have to work in the future.

Back
Top Bottom