How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

This chick i'm talking to said 40k
sick.gif
. I was thinking something like 10k.

I'd probably go anywhere from 15k-20k.
Edit: Oh, and also, if a chick is telling you how much her ring should be then she def isn't with you for love. 

The common accepted things is what 2 months pay or something like that I think.

Go ahead and let them @%$%%+ say they want a $40k engagement ring. Once she gets it and ya'll eating Ramen noodles for the next 7 years she better not say a word and you can just tell her that her filet minon is on her finger

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Go ahead and let them @%$%%+ say they want a $40k engagement ring. Once she gets it and ya'll eating Ramen noodles for the next 7 years she better not say a word and you can just tell her that her filet minon is on her finger

laugh.gif

Spent $1300, have half of it paid off with no wedding happening. So if you ask me...keep it cheap

I was anticipating spending $6,000 on a ring. I'm a broke guy who is just about to graduate nursing school. Anyway, she wanted this designer setting that wound up only costing $2,800 for white gold. I lucked out and her mom is giving me her grandmother's diamond ring that has a 1.3 carat VVS1 valued at over $10K. I only have to pay $100 to get it set. Super lucky to have had that fall into my lap, otherwise I don't think I'd have been able to ever get her something that nice.
I've gone to that damned jewelry store four times now on my own and walked out three times. Just having a hard time making this move, even though we've been together for almost seven years. I know she's the one, but I feel like I'm giving up my young and free by getting the ring. Put the down payment on it last weekend and paying it off completely this weekend... unless I walk out again.

this thread in the days of sillyputy would go in for about 50 pages....lol

you spend what you can afford dude.

I'm glad she doesn't read this site...it was $4200+$1350 for the matching wedding band. I wasn't prepared to go into debt over her ring. We're young, she's pregnant, and I support both of us (didn't qualify for mat leave). I wasn't interested in spending close to two months salary on a ring.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Ill prolly get one of them cheap costco joints.
That's what I was planning on doing before she picked out her ring. I've done some good research into those Costco rings and they usually appraise for double what they retail for in Costco. They look nice too.

just got engaged earlier this month...bought the ring this month too.... round 3k on sale

when you go shopping for the rings with her initially you will see that u can get alot for your money....being that i am no where near the 100k in salary i would like, i couldnt see myself paying over 5K for a ring.

first place we went was Jared and they had an awesome presentation but once dude told me it was like 10k for just the diamond we were lookin at I had to regroup lol.

Weddings are expensive as hell and i know her ppl are taking care of alot but I want our stuff to be dope so thats where alot of my money is going too

plus alot of jewelers have the trade up option...so her ring will continue to get better once i start making more and more money hopefully

Back
Top Bottom