How the hell do people drink protein shakes??!!

I use the Body Fortress brand from Walmart, chocolate flavor. I add 2 scoops to 12 ounces of water and down it, no problem. I also got Weider brand onclearance from Meijer and it is really rich. It tastes like a chocolate bar. I have never tried strawberry or vanilla. A friend of mine crys about the samething. He says he cant down protein shakes. I dont know what the big deal is. I guess it is just a sacrifice you make to get bigger. Most supplements donttaste good. Just like most foods that are good for you dont taste good. Take out all the fat, trans fat, sugar, high fructose corn syrup and its not going totaste good.

I use Surge and Metabolic Drive from Biotest. They taste
eek.gif

the best by far is BSN Syntha-6. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. they also produce a lean desert protein ( a casein blend - ideal for before bed) whichis nothing short of delicious!

aside from that, Reflex instant whey is pretty good

ive gotten better now i can pretty much down it. i started mixing it with water and its much better

I suggest you make your protein shakes in the blender with ice. I tried mixing it with a spoon once and it's a world of difference. I actually look forwardto having my daily shake.

Mine is great, N-Large. I mix it with milk and get about 68g of protein each serving. It tastes great, I got used to it, at first I couldn't down it. Butif you are working out the way you're supposed to and am in the need of a fast meal, taste is only secondary to your hunger, when you are starving at theend of the workout or the end of the night your protein shake should taste like the last supper. It's mental.

mine tastes good but i get full
and fart like 90x more than i usaually do
is that normal

Originally Posted by Guppetto

My friend, you need to get a blender, some Bananas, Strawberries, Ice, Ice cream or sherbert, and some concentrated fruit Juice (Frozen lemonade, orange juice, or other fruit juice you like). Mix the protien mix in with that and blend it untill you have a nice smoothie that's delicious. Kiwi and Watermellon also make great shake fruits. Never use an apple though.

Truth. If you don't roll with ice cream, use low-fat yogurt. These type of shakes are good money. I have 2 a day, 1 in the AM, then one after workingout.

Your first mistake was using milk

Your second mistake was getting myoplex - Muscle Milk and On 100% are wayyy better with alot of different rich flavors

Here is a tip - use water and ADD ICE - personally, drinking warm protein shake is terrible

if you can stand protein shakes - try cottage cheese or tuna

they dont really taste that good but some are better than others
ie: chocolate in milk>fruit flavor in water

best advice in here
Here is a tip - use water and ADD ICE

I know wat dude means I tried a few b4 I found one that taste good I mean I to cant be trying to drink somthing that makes me reach repeatidly while Im tryingto get it down its only a matter of time b4 I say enoughs enough.

Here in the UK Maximuscle is a huge brand so I tried some of there protein powder strawberry you can mix it with water or milk the trouble was with water itwas to weak and with milk it was way to rich after a few days I canned it nearly puked everytime.

I now take Weider muscle builder strawberry (mixes only with milk) it tastes like a Mcdonalds strawberry shake mixes up real thick I just add a lil honey tosweeten it up a little,I tried the chocolate flavour b4 but it taste really really nasty I cant even describe wat it taste like but was not anywhere nearchocolate.

I will say to all guys if u develop an injury that will stop u from lifting or excerciseing for longer than a few weeks stop takeing the protein I took ittwice a day 7 days a week got hurt and continued to take it for a month and my weight balooned so right now untill I drop 15-20lbs im off the shakes and justrunning and getting back into lifting.

Peace
Scottie

Throw some non fat cool whip in there or regular cool whip not that bad.And then add some fruit and some ice, and you are good. I use Optimum whey, tastes finewith water and cool whip

Originally Posted by f3DJam

they dont really taste that good but some are better than others
ie: chocolate in milk>fruit flavor in water

best advice in here
Here is a tip - use water and ADD ICE

This guy is right about the flavors

Fruity drinks like strawberry always taste kind of strange

Stick with chocolate

I use to hate it til' I got the right kind. I take MassTech "chocolate" now, and I drink it everyday. Taste just like some chocolate milk.

Put some peanut butter in there and magic bullet that trick. How do you not like chocolate milk though?

best protein shake ever... we sell mass amounts of these at the PT facility i work at.

Breakfast of Champions (i didnt name it...)

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 tbsp of oats
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp of ground coffee
150 ml low fat frozen yogurt (vanilla)
1 cup skim milk
1/3 of a banana, preferable frozen

this shake has 600 calories, 68g of carbs, 47 g of protein, and 15g of fat.

another favorite, which is non dairy and lower in calories is strawberry banana

1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup cranberry juice
3 frozen or fresh strawberries
1/2 frozen or fresh banana
1 scoop protetin powder, vanilla
1/2 cup ice
(using frozen fruits will make it thicker and colder, but takes longer to blend)

the SB shake has 287 calories, 43g of carbs, 24 g of protein, and 2 g of fat. If i have this one i usually double up on the protein if post workout.

If you're in canada, PVL, is a manufacturer of extremely high quality and great tasting protein powders and weight gainers, as well as other supplements.

Back
Top Bottom