How to change your varsity red 6

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

maan. i like that. u painted strait over the red???
its actually a marker
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, had to do 3 coats so the red didnt show, but the jumpman and lacelock are still red
ohwell.gif

I was wondering with all of this customization goin on if anyone has tried to do the "reverse infrared"  on these?  

I love the black silver colorway nice work man

If you can't do anything about the jumpman on the tongue, its kinda useless.

Ill fine with VRed any day as well.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

so where can i get dat garden craft marker and what color exactly?

I found one at Michaels, but its listed as red 210, the ones everyone has been using says red 310...
tired.gif

i went to michael's today...they looked at me crazy when i asked for a garden craft marker...so i went with the deco marker...just straight red...came out infrared....they're drying right now...and im ma put a few more coats then i'll post pics...

Where is everyone buying these markers from? locally or online? And what stores? Whats the deal with this michaels #210 marker, isnt it supposed to be the #310?
EDIT: Forget it, got em. #310's are the ones. idk whats up with the 210 that one guy was complaining about. they prolly just didnt have the 310

i just ordered 2 markers for $7.50 w/ tax cant wait to try these to my black & white v-red pair!!!!!!!

Just painted my blk/varsity, I'll admit, I didnt think they'd look THIS good. I'm very happy with em, may get a clear coat to put over the paint just in case. White/varsity left stock....for now. They look good as they are, not sure if i even want to mess with them to be honest.

ok so u got the coloring taken care of....now wat about the day you get caught out in the rain...or it even starts to bleed??? those things are gonna bleed worse than an open wound....ur just painting over there's no base primer to make the paint hold up over time and u'll end up w a bleeding red side...just buy the damn pack and rock ur v-reds neither is an ugly color

IS THERE A PLACE TO GET THIS MARKER IN NYC...WE DONT HAVE A MICHEALS OR W/E THAT IS...

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

ok so u got the coloring taken care of....now wat about the day you get caught out in the rain...or it even starts to bleed??? those things are gonna bleed worse than an open wound....ur just painting over there's no base primer to make the paint hold up over time and u'll end up w a bleeding red side...just buy the damn pack and rock ur v-reds neither is an ugly color
THIS HAS ME WONDERING....IS THIS STUFF PERMANENT OR WHA o_O

Originally Posted by j o 19

IS THERE A PLACE TO GET THIS MARKER IN NYC...WE DONT HAVE A MICHEALS OR W/E THAT IS...

Did you even try to find one in NYC? There at least 3 that I know off. One in manhatten (808 Columbus Ave) and two in Queens (off of woodhaven & Metro and Northern Blvd by sports authority)

Google is your friend. As is the company website

Originally Posted by j o 19

Here is a list of locations for you:

http://hosted.where2getit.com/michaels/

Next time Google it. It's not that hard!

To answer your next question, it's not as permanent as I would like it to be. The midsole on mine are holding up pretty good. And I have worn them in the rain once (not that I meant to). It's the heel tab that don't hold up too good when you paint them. As soon as you wear them the paint starts cracking on the heel tab and eventually peels off. If you make a mistake you can easily take the paint out with Windex.

Back
Top Bottom