How to Make it in America Episode 3 & 4

dont know if its been posted, but theres a scene rls of ep 4 out now for those of you in canada that cant watch that horrible stream or that dont have hbo

Still gotta watch Ep. 4, 3 was good though. The shows picking up really slowly, but seems predictable, i'll still watch though.

How to make it my butt, that show is corny as hell...I like the Rasta Monster though. (he said you owe me $1.25 for the kids drink)
roll.gif

3 was a nice lead in to 4....episode 4 had me dyin laughin. dude from american pie made the episode.

"u beautiful...im rich...we can be the most hated in here tonight..."

Can someone PM a link for 1-3? Im not trying to apply for like $1000 Best Buy gift card to watch these episodes.. All the YouTube links got fried.. I appreciate it alot!

I liked the 4th episode the best. I love how the previews for the upcoming shows dont give away any sort of plot. Its always completely different than I thought it was gonna be.

man Im suprised so many of you are digging this show, maybe ya are out of towners because this show is the epitome of cornyness to me, they are trying way too ward to push that NYC train

The people who are saying hypebeasts, are hypebeasts...I was talking to my friend who actually runs a fairly successfull streatwear line, and DJ's at a lotta these clubs downtown and he was saying how the show was trash. I was like it is cuz you don't want to look in the mirror and realize the show is basically you.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The people who are saying hypebeasts, are hypebeasts...I was talking to my friend who actually runs a fairly successfull streatwear line, and DJ's at a lotta these clubs downtown and he was saying how the show was trash. I was like it is cuz you don't want to look in the mirror and realize the show is basically you.

preachhhhhhhhh
and i guess since i'm from the south seeing the NY lifestyle intrigues me....that might be why i like the show
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ everyone saying entourage and this show are completely different.

while i love entourage, and feel like its my favorite show on TV, its plain to see the Hollywood/LA upscale lifestyle is the same damn thing entourage shows off on each episode just like this show does for the hipster scene in NYC.

go watch entourage, go see all the name dropping they do in that show, from actors, to television shows, to movies, to directors... hell, Turtle had an episode where they basically name dropped the whole underground sneaker artist collabo scene we are on a message board for.

the first season of entourage was no better than the first season of this. so stop hating and let the show unfold and grow. cotdamn
laugh.gif

the only difference between this show and entourage is, no everyday person lives the lifestyle that the entourage cast lives. all of us live a closer lifestyle to this shows lifestyle so we aren't impressed and drawn into it as much because we can go outside and see it. but that's what i like so much about this show.

but people like what they don't live, want what they don't have, and are mesmerized by the glamor and lifestyle that entourage puts on a platter for us. and i can't lie or front, i love it too.

but don't go around claiming entourage is a better show when this show is the same damn show with a few changes. i love both shows.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

man Im suprised so many of you are digging this show, maybe ya are out of towners because this show is the epitome of cornyness to me, they are trying way too ward to push that NYC train
expand on what the "epitome of cornyness" is, exactly.

The producer (Ian edelman), Victor Rasuk, Lake Bell, Bryan Greenberg, Luis Guzman and other characters were all either born/raised and/or lived in NYC and grew up on or around the culture they are portraying. The writer, Rob Weiss, is essentially who Bryan Greenberg's character (Ben Epstein) is based off of...which is also realistic. Ian Edelman also incorporated elements of his own grind in to the screenplay. They film on location in anywhere from local dive bars to hot spots (like Avenue in ep.4).

If you're gonna label it hypebeast, then yea - downtown culture is where the hypbeast-#!% culture thrives around soho, LES, the village, parts of BK, etc...where a good part of the show is supposed to be set...that's why youll see them on the arts scene, selling shoes at flight club and mentioning Supreme & Lafayette Street.

Back
Top Bottom