How to Make it in America Episode 3 & 4

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This show is too predictable for me. I also don't like how they OD on dropping in references to streetwear, skating, hipsters, etc. I feel like the show should be sponsored by Hypebeast.

Its so cliche and unoriginal with a bland storyline, yet people get offended calling others haters.
laugh.gif

...and please stop bringing up Entourage when referring to this show, not even CLOSE.
wouldn't say that...i went back and watched the first season of Entourage after the last one ended (started on season 2), and it was by far the worst season of the show...this show is coming onto its own pretty nicely...you dudes only complain about the references and #!%% because your part of the culture, but the majority of the people that are watching this dont even know what the %$## a hypebeast is...
btw...Entourage fell the %$## off this past season

i feel they stress the hypebeast stuff a lot too.....but entourage last season was crack

Originally Posted by General Johnson

This show is too predictable for me. I also don't like how they OD on dropping in references to streetwear, skating, hipsters, etc. I feel like the show should be sponsored by Hypebeast.

You mean portray NYC? They are doing a pretty good job at that.

Anyways relax debbie downer, your just looking for reasons to hate on the show. Its like you caught it on a bad day and are annoyed at everyone's optimism.

I was a skeptic...I'm hooked now.GREAT show
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just downloaded & watched ep.4
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Still need a link for Episode 4, that HBO link won't work for me cause I live in Canada
tired.gif

If anyone has a link, please PM me.

why don't you go watch it with the canadian hockey team.
mad.gif
Might just have to do that
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

After watching a couple episodes, I can say the writing is good. Still a little slow.

Entourage flair with a fashion vibe. Demographics is early to mid 20's. It has potential. Enough characters/ story lines to keep it busy.

I like the fashion, New York youth, diverse crowd. I'm no way fashionable so I can see how this can grab the young crowd.

I can't put my finger on it, but it's missing something. Maybe there are too many characters or maybe the pace is too slow for the story lines. . .I know the attention is in the details but over all it's missing a hint of something.

I'm really feeling the show. The 30 minutes doesn't really do it justice in developing a story. Will def always be tuning in.

What sneaker spot is that in Ep. 3?

Edit: Nevermind I found my answer.

Also, to all these people complaining about the hypebeast references..can you even name 3 specific times? Lol cuz I don't see too many.

Asked before but anyone know what shades CuDi was wearing at the cafe in Episode 4? Thanks.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by Pitman13

@illphillip long time no talk my friend.  What's cool bro?

Now to the topic at hand, if the show doesn't grab you within at least the first two episodes, most people sign off on it.  In film, it’s the first 10 minutes.  If people have to wait until episode 6 for the show to pick-up speed, #Howtomakeit will never see season 2.  HBO has a reputation of developing great shows, and I'm getting the feeling that they are losing faith with #Howtomakeit by releasing episodes a full week before their scheduled premiere date.  It’s an odd move, but I think at this point HBO are trying to grab as many viewers as they can.  

With any show based on the authenticity is vital, #Howtomakeit doesn’t have it.  #Entourage, for example, is based on the movie business, if you read any review about that show, you’ll read that it’s the closest depiction of how Hollywood is run on television.  That’s a HUGE authenticity badge for the show, which is as we all know is great show.  Does the storyline lag once in a blue sure, but it picks up way before you get bored or lose interest in the characters.  #Howtomakeit doesn’t have that luxury; it needed to grab us (the viewers) from episode one or two the latest.  

I can go on & on about this show (I am an aspiring screenwriter) but I know “wall of text

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Anyways relax debbie downer, your just looking for reasons to hate on the show. Its like you caught it on a bad day and are annoyed at everyone's optimism.
Excuse me for having an opinion and at the same time, thanks for your opinion on my opinion.

If I was looking for reasons to hate the show, I wouldn't have watched the first three episodes hoping it would get better. C'mon now...

The show isn't horrible, but there are moments that are cringe worthy. The part with the chick talking about African babies and AIDS was one those moments. It just felt forced, like they were trying to establish her as "global citizen" doing her part to help in the corniest of ways. The chick handing out condoms cut the rate of AIDS in Africa?
laugh.gif
The whole continent? And she was the first to think of this?
laugh.gif

Please.

There are plenty of other moments like that in the show where I'm looking at the TV like
grin.gif
. Like when dude stood up and proposed the toast to John Varvatos... that was corny. Them sitting at that table that long looking like groupies was corny.

I want to like the show and will keep watching, but so far it's been, eh.

I always found the people who use that term to be just as lame as the people they're describing

As for the "hypebeast" argument, it's just one of those words that we all know what it means and describes. I don't see how someone could be lame for using it when it applies.

If we wanna talk who's the most authentic/doesn't go out of his way to impress (which is a dumb argument because it's trying to impress people with how much you don't care) then I got you beat on the Levis. Buy one get one half off at JC Pennys.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Excuse me for having an opinion and at the same time, thanks for your opinion on my opinion.

If I was looking for reasons to hate the show, I wouldn't have watched the first three episodes hoping it would get better. C'mon now...

The show isn't horrible, but there are moments that are cringe worthy. The part with the chick talking about African babies and AIDS was one those moments. It just felt forced, like they were trying to establish her as "global citizen" doing her part to help in the corniest of ways. The chick handing out condoms cut the rate of AIDS in Africa?
laugh.gif
The whole continent? And she was the first to think of this?
laugh.gif

Please.

There are plenty of other moments like that in the show where I'm looking at the TV like
grin.gif
. Like when dude stood up and proposed the toast to John Varvatos... that was corny. Them sitting at that table that long looking like groupies was corny.

I want to like the show and will keep watching, but so far it's been, eh.

I always found the people who use that term to be just as lame as the people they're describing

As for the "hypebeast" argument, it's just one of those words that we all know what it means and describes. I don't see how someone could be lame for using it when it applies.

If we wanna talk who's the most authentic/doesn't go out of his way to impress (which is a dumb argument because it's trying to impress people with how much you don't care) then I got you beat on the Levis. Buy one get one half off at JC Pennys.
laugh.gif

I glad my one sentence got that big of a response that I didn't even read. I would have but I'm on the phone fam.

Just watched episodes 3 and 4. Hopefully Kappo is consistently in the episodes cause hes really the only funny character.

Back
Top Bottom