Howard Schultz to sue Clay Bennett and get the team back

RetroBaller - read and think before you speak, man! If you don't know about somethng, like the Sonics situation, its not a good idea to comment on it.Stephen A. Smith does this sort of thing all the time.

but here - take a few minutes and chew on these stories, and then come back to the fold...

[Washington's] Governor says we've all "been lied to" on Sonics:
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsour...b/vortex/display?slug=sonics11m&date=20080411

Howard Schultz plans to sue Clay Bennett to get Sonics back:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2004349361_schultz15.html

The Seattle situation is one giant black eye for the NBA:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/080415&sportCat=nba

SAVE OUR SONICS!
www.sonicscentral.com

SinnerP wrote:
I just hope its ultimately not a "just for show" lawsuit by Mr. Schultz to improve his image in Seattle... if the team does move, it'll give him the chance to say "at least I tried"...

I thought the same thing, I know I boycotted starbucks after he sold the team and talks about moving were brought up.
He knew they wanted to move and if he was really cared about the team are its fans instead of just money, the contract would have stated more then just"good will effort" to keep them here.

I dont trust Shultz, but I hope it ends up working out and the local group buys the team back.

*crosses fingers hoping that the awkward 11th hour timing has to do with the emails being leaked and not just a PR move*

If the government of Seattle goes through with this, they could either set a precedent for other cities to keep teams home or it could trigger thesecorporations to get enough leverage so that it will be challenging and even unattractive for any future teams to go there. It's the wrong approach in myopinion. Seattle Sonics ownership seems intent on leaving.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm tellin' ya...Where is Bill Gates when you need him?
doesnt steve ballmer (microsoft ceo) and his group want to buy the sonics? if schultz can somehow get the sonics back, maybe he should sell toballmer?

Even if it is just a PR move for Schultz at least it is still something that makes it harder on Bennett to complete his robbery, I'm all for anything likethat.

It seems like all the recent events have been fairly coincidental... Schultz was just came back to Starbucks as CEO because the stock plummeted due to variousreasons but mostly a stagnant brand and fanbase. He is really trying to restructure everything over at Starbucks to make it a refreshing, exciting brand again.I really hope, like everyone has been saying, that this isn't an image booster for Howard, but rather an honest action by him. Win-win situation for him,but either way for me I don't care as long as the Sonics stay in Seattle, because it hurt like a bi*ch when Grizzlies left Vancouver...

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

It seems like Seattle is doing the crying but hasn't done anything worthy to keep the sonics there..unless someone can show me other wise(granted i havent followed closely) this team just just go to OKC and get it over with
Well you shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about. Beside for probably raising a trillion dollars, it doesnt matter any kind of monetary value or what fans try and to do to save the sonics. Bennett wants its his way, and that's the way it is.

I don't know what is going on with this "side letter," but it does look like an attempt for Schultz to put on some sort of heroes mask even if the Sonics still move. Timing seems a bit off, he could've done this a long time ago.

This whole damn situation seems fishy...However, enough with the negatives. I sure really dang darn do hope that he saves the team. That would be a good feeling for sure.

He's doing this now because of the e-mails that have emerged recently. Everyone knew that Bennett was lying the entire time, but it would've beenhard to prove it in court without hard evidence. The e-mails give Schultz something concrete to back the claims that Bennett wasn't acting in good faith.

Originally Posted by G2P0

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

It seems like Seattle is doing the crying but hasn't done anything worthy to keep the sonics there..unless someone can show me other wise(granted i havent followed closely) this team just just go to OKC and get it over with
Well you shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about. Beside for probably raising a trillion dollars, it doesnt matter any kind of monetary value or what fans try and to do to save the sonics. Bennett wants its his way, and that's the way it is.

I don't know what is going on with this "side letter," but it does look like an attempt for Schultz to put on some sort of heroes mask even if the Sonics still move. Timing seems a bit off, he could've done this a long time ago.

This whole damn situation seems fishy...However, enough with the negatives. I sure really dang darn do hope that he saves the team. That would be a good feeling for sure.

He's doing this now because of the e-mails that have emerged recently. Everyone knew that Bennett was lying the entire time, but it would've been hard to prove it in court without hard evidence. The e-mails give Schultz something concrete to back the claims that Bennett wasn't acting in good faith.
Touche.

The problem is that Stern doesn't care about where the Sonics end up.
He doesn't care about the fans, he doesn't care about anything but whatever will make HIMSELF and the NBA more money. He has no morals or ethics.

Stern seems to care a great deal about his manlove for Clay.

"I won't quit you, Clay".

Moving to OKC will not generate more money for the NBA long-term. Mark Cuban understands this, and is opposed to the move because of it. OKC fans supported theHornet for part of 2 years. Seattle has supported the Sonics for 41.

Stern's crush on Clay is hampering his judgement... biz before pleasure, David!

i hate how the national media has been so hush hush about this, its highway robbery. shaq even came out and said that it's ridiculous, sportscenter hasdone a couple 20 sec reviews of what is going on but no one is coming out and saying how bad it really is.. (aside from NW media)

Originally Posted by draketw206

i hate how the national media has been so hush hush about this, its highway robbery. shaq even came out and said that it's ridiculous, sportscenter has done a couple 20 sec reviews of what is going on but no one is coming out and saying how bad it really is.. (aside from NW media)

Neil Everett has said "Save the Sonics" after every Sonic highlight he does on SC. He's from Spokane so he's a huge Sonics fan. BillSimmons has dedicated tons of column space to the story, and every major news outlet has been running the stories of the past couple weeks. What was disgustingwas the fact it took this long for a large national media presence to take interest.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by draketw206

i hate how the national media has been so hush hush about this, its highway robbery. shaq even came out and said that it's ridiculous, sportscenter has done a couple 20 sec reviews of what is going on but no one is coming out and saying how bad it really is.. (aside from NW media)

What was disgusting was the fact it took this long for a large national media presence to take interest.

Viral Campaign to keep the Sonics in Seattle. Basically somebody who runs a fan blog for the Miami Heatstarted this up where he sent emails to other fan blogs asking them to put up a message supporting the sonics, addresses of the NBA owners and for people whovisit those blogs to write their owners about voting against relocation. Lots of support so far

Later, he issued a statement saying, "I apologize if I offended any descendants of the Joads": Mark Cuban expressed his disagreement with the Sonics' proposed move to Oklahoma City by telling the Seattle Times, "My prejudice is against having a Dust Bowl Division in this part of the country."

LOL. i've always liked Cuban.

Back
Top Bottom