HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Got the one I ordered! 
happy.gif
Good luck to the rest of you guys...

It seems that a lot of people got their touchpads from HP today. Does that mean we can start ordering again soon?
nerd.gif

can someone shed their opinion on which speed is best to overclock to? I hear 1.9 causes the tablet to reset. 1.5 or is 1.7 still stable?

Try them both. Technically 1.5 is more stable. With 1.7 Ive personally had to reset the wifi on my TP a couple times already. Not really a big deal.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Try them both. Technically 1.5 is more stable. With 1.7 Ive personally had to reset the wifi on my TP a couple times already. Not really a big deal.

word.  But i didn't use it on 1.5 extensively, i'm at 1.8.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by IYE2

word.  But i didn't use it on 1.5 extensively, i'm at 1.8.
thanks 

THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS WRAPPED IN YOUR LITTLE BLANKET

[h1]UPDATE 1-HP resurrects TouchPad for one last go at the iPadhttp://8[/h1]
Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:55pm EDT

* TouchPad is back -- for a spell, anyway

* No details apart from one final run

* HP has been criticized for waffling (Adds HP comment in final paragraph)

LOS ANGELES, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Hewlett Packard Co (HPQ.N)plans to crank out "one last run" of TouchPads, days afterdeclaring it will kill off a line of tablets that failed tochallenge Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) command of the booming market.

A day after the chief of HP's personal devices divisiontold Reuters the TouchPad might get a second lease on life, HPannounced a temporary about-face on the gadget after being"pleasantly surprised" by the outsized demand generated by aweekend fire-sale.

HP slashed the price of its tablet to $99 from $399 and$499 the weekend after announcing the TouchPad's demise on Aug.18, part of a raft of decisions intended to move HP away fromthe consumer and focus on enterprise clientele.

That ignited an online frenzy and long lines at retailersas bargain-hunters chased down a gadget that had been on storeshelves just six weeks.

"The speed at which it disappeared from inventory has beenstunning," the company said. "We have decided to produce onelast run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand."

HP may lose money on every TouchPad in its final productionrun. According to IHS iSuppli's preliminary estimates, the 32GBversion carries a bill of materials of $318.

"We don't know exactly when these units will be availableor how many we'll get, and we can't promise we'll have enoughfor everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeksbefore you can purchase," HP said in a blogpost.

Critics have blasted HP for wavering on pivotal decisions,such as its original stated intention to integrate its webOSsoftware into every device it makes, followed by a decision tostop making webOS gadgets, including the TouchPad.

The storied Silicon Valley giant is struggling to shore upmargins as smartphones and tablets eat away at its core PCbusiness, the world's largest. On Aug. 18, HP said it was alsoconsidering spinning off the PC division.

CEO Leo Apotheker is under immense pressure from investorsunhappy with HP's back-and-forth on strategy. The former SAPchief has also been forced to slash HP's sales estimates threetimes since he took over last November.

In a resounding rejection of his grand vision, shareholderssent HP shares down almost 20 percent the day it announced itssweeping moves, which included a pricey acquisition of softwareplayer Autonomy (AUTN.L). That wiped out $16 billion of valuefrom HP in the stock's worst single-day fall since the BlackMonday stock market crash of October 1987. [ID:nN1E77K05S]

HP declined to comment beyond the blogpost. Shares in thecompany were down marginally in after-hours trade on Tuesday. (Reporting by Poornima Gupta, Bill Rigby and Edwin Chan;Editing by Richard Chang)

Finally got an update from HP SMB. I checked earlier, no updates. Just now, I checked again and it said it shipped the 29th and will be here the 1st. I never got an email confirming it was being shipped, so if you guys who are on the same boat and waiting for an update, check now.

Man, I hope Netflix gets on board for an app. That's one of the key ingredients missing.

I don't give a damn about 95% of the apps in the Apple store.. I just want backing from top dogs like Netflix, HBO, CNN etc.

if they are gonna go back and make more, i highly doubt they will go and sell them for $99/$149. if anything it will be $199/$249. i dont see them taking another loss on a hyped up item. peple will pay the price if its only a tiny bit higher.

Having used it all of today, I'm really happy with it. There's no question that it's an absolute steal for the price. There's also more apps than I had expected...

Don't feel a need to overclock it yet but might give it a shot later when I have more time.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

if they are gonna go back and make more, i highly doubt they will go and sell them for $99/$149. if anything it will be $199/$249. i dont see them taking another loss on a hyped up item. peple will pay the price if its only a tiny bit higher.
I think they will sell them that cheap still. I read they basically just making another run of TP's cause they probably already paid for the materials to produce them anyways or they might be obligated contractual wise to fulfill the remaining production through the factory

They know the only reason these sold so fast was cause of the price, them trying to bump up the price even a little isn't a good idea imo

no luck for me getting one. i've been looking all week and last week. i guess i'm about to give up.

aight... i'm getting pretty ticked.

8-21: placed the order

8-22: got the money taken out of my account

8-23: got confirmation email, but no shipping, no nothing. just the email that says they got my order.

8-24: ALL of my money was refunded into my account, but the order was still showing up and SMB website.

8-25: order not showing up on SMB. i also signed up for that notification email THE MOMENT it was posted on twitter by @brynaathp

so i figure... i just missed out. oh well... fuggit.

i started spending the bread on my new apt....

8-30: i get two emails, saying 2 of my 3 orders have been declined. so obviously, one went thru.

go to check my acct, and one of the orders INDEED went thru, but i wasnt anticipating it, so i didnt have enough money to cover the other two.

8-31: go on smb, see that all the orders are back on there, showing its been approved, and should've been delivered on the 25.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

so now i'm broke cuz one order went thru i wasnt anticipating, yet they cant show me where its at on the delivery trail. no shipping or nothing.

i feel like MURKING HP if they mess me up cuz i got rent due tomorrow.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

priorities sir ^

but i'll take all 3 off yours hands right now
nerd.gif

naw fambs...

the apartment thing was last minute. i didnt know i was going to be in the spot until a few days ago.

and anyways, its 2 per order, and 6 total...

i was gonna help my NT fam out... $210 shipped, 32 GB...

but damb... i cant do anything now..

mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by alan713

Finally got an update from HP SMB. I checked earlier, no updates. Just now, I checked again and it said it shipped the 29th and will be here the 1st. I never got an email confirming it was being shipped, so if you guys who are on the same boat and waiting for an update, check now.
I just checked and I still dont have any shipping info. I tried calling, but I was on hold for too long. 

Got mine in finally yesterday. It's pretty cool, I'm waiting on my case and screen protector to come in so I can take off this super lame cover that it came with. Can I take the cover off now or is the screen quick to pick up scratches?

Originally Posted by flores

Originally Posted by alan713

I just checked and I still dont have any shipping info. I tried calling, but I was on hold for too long. 
what is your order # or first three digits. also 16 or 32 GB?

Back
Top Bottom