HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by flores

Originally Posted by alan713

Finally got an update from HP SMB. I checked earlier, no updates. Just now, I checked again and it said it shipped the 29th and will be here the 1st. I never got an email confirming it was being shipped, so if you guys who are on the same boat and waiting for an update, check now.
I just checked and I still dont have any shipping info. I tried calling, but I was on hold for too long. 
what is your order # or first three digits. also 16 or 32 GB?
My order number is 030540641..its two 16gb.
I just got through the phone with an operator and she said I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my order to arrive. 
30t6p3b.gif

She said there wasn't enough touchpads in stock to fulfill most orders. 
mad.gif

Finally got an update from HP SMB. I checked earlier, no updates. Just now, I checked again and it said it shipped the 29th and will be here the 1st. I never got an email confirming it was being shipped, so if you guys who are on the same boat and waiting for an update, check now.
I just checked and I still dont have any shipping info. I tried calling, but I was on hold for too long. 
Strange because I ordered pretty late, I ordered on the 22nd but on the order info it says 24th, maybe they mean they charged me on the 24th. As far as shipping info, it gives nothing but the day it ships and the day they expect it to be delivered. I'm not sure if Dyyhard was asking me or not but the first three digits is 443 and its for a 32GB, ordered it pretty late so only the 32GB was whats left, not complaining.

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's pretty hard to scratch this thing, so you're good taking off that flimsy plastic cover.

naw i already got scratches on mine on the back. the screen is horrible because of the fingerprints and smudging.

i just got my $35 carbon fiber for the back, its awesome and will protect it. also came with high quality screen protector too bad i suck at putting it on and pretty much ruined it
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Strange because I ordered pretty late, I ordered on the 22nd but on the order info it says 24th, maybe they mean they charged me on the 24th. As far as shipping info, it gives nothing but the day it ships and the day they expect it to be delivered. I'm not sure if Dyyhard was asking me or not but the first three digits is 443 and its for a 32GB, ordered it pretty late so only the 32GB was whats left, not complaining.
actually i was asking alan. ok 32gb. I heard early on that the 32gb were shipping out faster, probably since most people were placing orders for 16gb.

mine starts with 438**** and I ordered on the 20th for 16gb. no updates yet.

Where you cop the cover at, Z?

And what cases ya'll rocking for this thing?

I been reading the Verizon iPad1 cover fits 'pretty good' It's only $10 I think.

The HP Folio is hard to find, but some say it doesn't keep close?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

smart thinking HP

the touchpads are now the 2nd best selling tablet.

they can afford to sell it for cheap to drive up the demand. hp makes billions per year. losing a couple hundred million is chump change. hell they probably spend that much for celebrity endorsements

and now since everyone and their moms have a touchpad now, devs are swarming to program for it making the device more alive than ever.

From what I hear HP is getting out of the HW biz altogether and only work remain for anything related to SW

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

the more people are getting theirs in the mail. the more im hearing negative reviews. there's a reason why this tablet failed, and its starting to come out in peoples reviews. yea, i got caught in the hype and tried to get one because of the cheap price. but now im kinda happy i didnt. ive been reviewing other tablets and it looks like ill be going with the Galaxy tab 10.1. i want something android and the galaxy looks very beastly.

currently saving up. i should have it in 2 weeks! we need to start an android tablet thread. since most ppl here are gonna put it on their touchpads anyways.

HP SUCKS
Word, hp definitely sucks.

I'm not knocking the people who copped for $99 though.

And yeah, I wish Toshiba or Samsung pulled a stunt like this.....

Originally Posted by FullMetal

$35 for a sticker on a $100/150 product? They have some invisible skins for $15
Go on ebay I order a 24" X 24" sheet of carbon fiber film for $8.Search for Rwraps. They used for cars. I just gotta cut to fit but it will fully encompase the back. 

Get a 2 pocket folder @ Tar-Jay for .10 .... Problem solved

Nah seriously though, if there were an Otter Box for it- I'd get it- because they make excellent products, but for now I can live without a case- got the HP version when/if it becomes an issue.

comes out to $26 shipped. its the back and very good front screen protector. yes price is high but want some for added grip and protection.

so this is just a cover for the back and an invisible shield there isn't a flap that flips over to protect the front?

If you want a flap to cover the front, you need a case.

HP.com has cases up, and go over to SlickDeals to get a 25% off code (or use the code you got in your email they sent the other day if you signed up for the Touchpad notification email signup) 29.99 - 7.50 + Shipping + (maybe) Tax = About $30

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Fambino, please don't get evicted tryin' to stock up on Touchpads.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

man... HP tryin to hull me out, Fambuel L. Jackson...

but i aint gonna get kicked out though...

i'm just gonna have to penny pinch until something changes, cuz i was looking at tryin to get my cable and internet rockin too...

that's what's really gonna get skipped over.

tired.gif
tired.gif

Anyone know if i can get Kindle and the books for free? I have preware and don't know any good apps to get

Back
Top Bottom