HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Anyone still want a TP. I have a 32gb I opened and played with for a day. I'm fine with my ipad.

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by solesavage

Is there a tutorial for dumbies like myself to install Android? Also, whats the difference between CM7 & CM9?

http://www.youtube.com/wa...170857&v=IGY4gpsDPD8

Use that, but you're going to have to use different files for CM9 because the video hasn't been updated yet. The only major flaw about CM9 is that it doesn't run hardware accelerated video well, so you're going to have to watch standard def videos on Youtube and some video sites might not work. Other than that, CM9 is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and much better than CM7. It's based off of Android 4.0, while CM7 is based off of Android 2.3.

Sounds complicated. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mp3911

Is there a tutorial for dumbies like myself to install Android? Also, whats the difference between CM7 & CM9?

http://www.youtube.com/wa...170857&v=IGY4gpsDPD8

Use that, but you're going to have to use different files for CM9 because the video hasn't been updated yet. The only major flaw about CM9 is that it doesn't run hardware accelerated video well, so you're going to have to watch standard def videos on Youtube and some video sites might not work. Other than that, CM9 is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and much better than CM7. It's based off of Android 4.0, while CM7 is based off of Android 2.3.

Sounds complicated. 
laugh.gif

It took me half a day to get it to work, but it's worth it.

Installed cm9 on my touchpad and all I can say is wow. Other than not being able to play HD videos, it runs perfectly and this is only the alpha build. Now that they have the touchpad kernels there should be a 100% functional version of ICS on the touchpad soon. well worth the purchase thus far

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

CM7 on this is awesome, and the battery life on webos side is incredible. Best 100 dollar purchase I've made.

Battery life is a thing of beauty on here

Guess I'm making that jump to CM7 tomorrow

Cm9 is what's popping now.

I missed out on this deal they.had a couple days ago..

It was the touchstone for $20

Smh

Got CM7, I'm liking it

is CM9 that much better?

Only thing I have a problem with is Netflix is a tad bit pixelated

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Got CM7, I'm liking it

is CM9 that much better?

Only thing I have a problem with is Netflix is a tad bit pixelated

I just installed CM9 and Netflix gives me a black screen. Sounds works, but that's all.

I read to install this http://www.apktops.com/netflix-1-4-0.html but how?
Download the apk, to your comp and copy it over in usb mode to your TP or just download it directly through the browser.

In Android go to Settings ---> Applications ---> Check the Unknown Sources Box

Then just use the file manager to locate where you put the apk and click and install

video probably wont work for a while same deal with cm9 on the kindle fire, the devs from both are trying to work together to fix it

alpha 2 is out...it fixes alot of the video problems. It's close to being daily driver status. All it needs to do is run a little quicker

I bought this thing from the firesale. I think I've only used it twice. lol. It's nice, but I'd just rather use my laptop

Alpha 2 on deck?

My body is ready, fambs..

Now if I can justfind an android web browser that rivals hps stock browser, and ill stay in cm9

hey i just installed cm9 alpha 2 yesterday, how is battery life on your touchpads for those who have made the change? heard some say the battery is bad and you need to uninstall and reinstall of it for better battery usage

anyone have to replace their charger/cable yet? the micro usb is so flimsy

do i need to install cm7 first?

i had to change the cable one month in...............you should check youtube videos on installing android, dont quote me but i think you can go straight to cm9

Back
Top Bottom