HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

friend of mine brought it to work today........said she went to get a phone and saw people running for this, so she started running too........she didnt know what they were running for till she got to the checkout line and they showed her the touchpad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  She said she thought it was some kind of surprise black friday sale so she just ran with everybody else
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its nice, but i cant imagine the problems upcoming.
laugh.gif
sheep 

Originally Posted by knightngale

I hope best buy closes down soon.

What a trash store.

Radio Shack needs to close first. Still dont understand how that completely useless store is still around.

indifferent.gif
newegg can eat a big fat one for the #%$+@%#+ they playing at. getting my tech @%%+ from amazon now, *#%@ em

from SD

So, story time.

I just got back from best Buy after waiting for 3 hours in store for a tablet.
I checked the inventory and it says that it is "available for pickup", so I went.

First thing I do is ask if they have any. Obviously they say no. So I wait some to see if maybe a truck will come in. The place is dead, no one else is waiting for a tablet.
After about 3 hours of waiting I start seeing shift changes, I see about 5 Best Buy employees walk out all with HP tablets in hand.
Getting furious I walk up to the counter and tell them I just saw 5 employees walk out with tablets when they were telling me they had none. I knew they had more so I asked for one, the manager then proceeds to tell me that they have them there but they're all sold to Best Buy employees already.
Waiting a little long I end up leaving empty handed.
Getting on my computer just now again I see that the website still tells me it's "available for in store pickup".

Are they just hiding them and selling them to employees?
I don't get it, is this legal?

30t6p3b.gif

I also read there that some fedex employees were stealing packages from Onsale
laugh.gif

not sure if true though

I just came across this from HP's site...don't know if it's been posted here. Should mean if yours is showing "item being processed" you will get your Touchpads
http://
Q: How can I find out the status of my order?

A: Click here to check the status of your order. Once you follow the steps to either enter order number and phone number or sign into the site, you will be shown your order status:
  • If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.
  • If it shows Item being Processed, then your order is in queue to be shipped and all shipments should be complete by Wednesday August 24, 2011.
  • If it shows Order Pending, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.
Back to top »

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

friend of mine brought it to work today........said she went to get a phone and saw people running for this, so she started running too........she didnt know what they were running for till she got to the checkout line and they showed her the touchpad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  She said she thought it was some kind of surprise black friday sale so she just ran with everybody else
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its nice, but i cant imagine the problems upcoming.
This..it wasn't hard finding where to get the Touchpad at when I went to BB.  Saw the line and that was it.  

Originally Posted by flores

Originally Posted by dyyhard

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

Hp Small biz order status. Just add the PO # and order date and submit.

I entered my info and it says date will follow.  
nerd.gif

My card charge is still pending. What are the chances it will get canceled? 

Anyone else purchase off hp small business?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [th=""]Order detail[/th] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Purchase
Order#:
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Order Date:[/td][td]20-Aug-2011 [/td][/tr][tr][td]HP Order#:[/td][td]
[/td][td]HP Received:[/td][td]20-Aug-2011[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ship to City:[/td][td]TORRANCE[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Last Change:[/td][td]21-Aug-2011 01:56 GMT[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table][/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [img]https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/img/snfov/bt_backsum.gif[/img][/td][td]    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]start[/td] [td]end[/td] [/tr][tr][td]order allocated / config reviewed[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]wave (picking process)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]staging (preparation process)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]configuration build[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]comments[/td] [td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

this is what mine says...doesn't say anything...

Originally Posted by chickhien

1) Is it possible for a manager to wipe out a stores inventory on the computer? I feel like the whole store was in on it.

/END RANT
No...although yes...NO. 

mann. im a time is money person. i would rather spend a lil more money on something else, instead of wasting time going on a wild goose hunt. im about to say *%#% this touchpad and get something else instead.

what are some good android powered tablets? its not even like i need one for real, i have an Evo
laugh.gif

I must be doing something wrong on the HP SMB order status because my two orders isn't showing up.

you guys are putting your Customer # where it ask for the PO#? I've entered it every which way possible, Customer #, Order/Quote# I can't get anything to work.

and yes I was able to view order status from the other order status page a few days ago, which I think is gone now correct?

Originally Posted by iceman3699

how long does the initial charge take before I can actually start using this thing?

I didn't even bother charging it before using it. Once I got it out of the box, I powered it up and started playign with it. 
By the way, it's nice not having to connect it to an actual CPU to use like the iPad2, which seemed pretty useless if you don't have a desktop or laptop to connect it to first.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by iceman3699

how long does the initial charge take before I can actually start using this thing?

I didn't even bother charging it before using it. Once I got it out of the box, I powered it up and started playign with it. 
By the way, it's nice not having to connect it to an actual CPU to use like the iPad2, which seemed pretty useless if you don't have a desktop or laptop to connect it to first.
Yes it is.  Damn, mine was completely out of juice when I tried to use it out of the box...charging it up now.

Originally Posted by Zach13g

I must be doing something wrong on the HP SMB order status because my two orders isn't showing up.

you guys are putting your Customer # where it ask for the PO#? I've entered it every which way possible, Customer #, Order/Quote# I can't get anything to work.

and yes I was able to view order status from the other order status page a few days ago, which I think is gone now correct?

Yea I entered the customer #.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Still nada from OnSale
laugh.gif

from slickdeals:
ATTENTION! IF YOU ORDERED FROM ONSALE THROUGH AMAZON

For those who bought from onsale and have "shipping soon" on amazon. I called Macmall to check my macmall order, they said no dice.. but guy said another order came up when he looked my address up from their sister company Onsale. I told him " yeah but it seems like I didnt get one because it says shipping soon". He informed me that Onsale stopped updating the orders on AMAZON.COM if you want to see what is really happening to your Onsale order YOU NEED TO CHECK AT store.onsale.com but for that you will need your onsale order number NOT THE SAME FROM AMAZON.COM so i suggest calling macmall and having them check your onsale order that way you know for sure if you are getting one or not.

BTW mine says Shipping Soon but when I checked through the onsale website it says it was shipped on 8/22 got shipping track number and everything. Oh and I used regular UPS ground shipping. 

Hope this helps good luck!

Back
Top Bottom