HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

52015488897_d1754d68a4_b.jpg

Been wearing my pair a lot! I want a second pair in another colorway one day.

Is it crazy that I know that commercial word for word (and was saying it while I watched it, 😂😂). Gosh I LOVED that commercial when I was young (along with the Deion commercial). That was my introduction to Denis Leary, who I LOVED since then. The Ref (hysterical) and I got to see his standup at Borgata many years ago (AMAZING). This was a great mashup.

I really dislike the sizing debate, and always go with my true size, with little to no issue… being a 13, it’s next to impossible to find a 13.5 (IF they even make it), and I always feel like a 14 might be HUGE… well, I’ve kind of been looking for the olive stussy pair, and a 14 can be had for significantly cheaper… how many of y’all are going full size up on the recent wave of retros? How is the fit for you? I enjoy the “hug my foot” feeling of the huarache, and don’t want to lose that by sizing up too much…

I first got the escapes true to size in a 9.5 and those were way too small, grabbed another pair in size 10 and my toes are still getting cramped up at the end of the shoe. Seems like the sizing on these run mad small never had to go a full size up in any shoe before.

NT…Huarache Mowabbs…have arrived ✂️ unboxed and going straight to foot.

Perf toe is better in person and midsole is more grey than I thought. Uppers are definitely fire and the insole with the Mowabb font design is nice touch.

Just waiting on AM1 Hemps and I’m good for the year until something else jumps out.

Good looks on the SlamJam link again

image.jpg
How is sizing? Full sz up from TTS still?

Guess I’ll be able to see what sz works better for me… I had offers on a sz 13, and 14 on goat… and I woke up to BOTH being accepted…

….and now the sz 13 is like $40 cheaper than my offer 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
I first got the escapes true to size in a 9.5 and those were way too small, grabbed another pair in size 10 and my toes are still getting cramped up at the end of the shoe. Seems like the sizing on these run mad small never had to go a full size up in any shoe before.
10 is a bit tight on me as well but i'll be damned if I'm going up to a size 10.5

than again the majority of my shoes are tight...I think a lot of shoes would fit sloppy if I went up a half size

Just gotta remember that going TTS can put too much stress on the back strap, and eventually it will snap. Just a heads up.

just went to pick up in store at Hibbett for the Yin Yangs ( they have 20% off on line and took the exclusion off these ) whoever said they were better in person was right as could be

fwiw i did go .5 size up , woulda been in trouble if i didnt

Just gotta remember that going TTS can put too much stress on the back strap, and eventually it will snap. Just a heads up.
*looks for some wood to knock on*

All my huaraches up to this point have been purchased in my true size, and I own/have owned MANY eras ranging from original 91s, to most current, and have never snapped a back tab. Maybe People are pulling on the tab as they put the shoe on, weakening it with each and every pull?

Edit:

On foot today.

E106C9A9-B9D7-49C9-9E08-A0D6BA864DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently tried out this brand of insoles called Currex insoles, specifically the RunPro, when I went to a running shoe store. These insoles make the Huaraches much better with support now! Highly recommend. :emoji_thumbsup:

I 1000% ain't mad at these. I could seriously holla at these. Anyone have anymore info, or know what they are called?

Edit; I suddenly remembered that I actually DO know how to internet, and found the info myself. They really are called "The Nike Shoe Shop". Huh? They running out of names.

Last edited:
*looks for some wood to knock on*

All my huaraches up to this point have been purchased in my true size, and I own/have owned MANY eras ranging from original 91s, to most current, and have never snapped a back tab. Maybe People are pulling on the tab as they put the shoe on, weakening it with each and every pull?

Edit:

On foot today.

E106C9A9-B9D7-49C9-9E08-A0D6BA864DE2.jpeg

God Speed to ya. Going TTS in huaraches? I don’t see how you do it. My big toe hurts just thinking about it. Bro no disrespect you’re my guy but are you sure your TTS isn’t actually a .5 down from the size you get in huaraches? My foot measures as a true size 10 and huaraches in that size would be virtually unwearable. I’d be able to put them on, but walking around comfortably in them? Hell no! It’s one thing to like a shoe to fit “snug” (which I never really understood either, seems closer to uncomfortable to me) but why would anyone want their shoe to fit THAT tight around their foot? TTS huarache tight? Hell no! More power to you my brother. That’s wild to me.

Last edited:
‘91 QS are the only huaraches I can think of in recent memory that I can see one *maybe getting away with going TTS because of the soft toe box leather and just the way the toebox is constructed in general on those pairs. Wider footbed and higher toe box made for much more wiggle room on those pairs which I preferred albeit not the OG looking, more slanted/narrow toebox we’ve seen on the more recent pairs. The difference between the two is hardly noticeable on feet. ‘91 are perfect .5 up while the new ones are still tight even with going .5 up.

Last edited:
God Speed to ya. Going TTS in huaraches? I don’t see how you do it. My big toe hurts just thinking about it. Bro no disrespect you’re my guy but are you sure your TTS isn’t actually a .5 down from the size you get in huaraches? My foot measures as a true size 10 and huaraches in that size would be virtually unwearable. I’d be able to put them on, but walking around comfortably in them? Hell no! It’s one thing to like a shoe to fit “snug” (which I never really understood either, seems closer to uncomfortable to me) but why would anyone want their shoe to fit THAT tight around their foot? TTS huarache tight? Hell no! More power to you my brother. That’s wild to me.
I’ve always gotten tts because I wear a 13, and 99.9% of the time a 13.5 isn’t available, and the only time I settled for a 14 (not a huarache, another model) the shoe in hand seemed like a 17, was HUGE. This new round of huaraches do feel a bit short compared to past years, but they don’t really bother me. Only pair that really ever bother me was the cool grey suede pair from 5-6ish years back.

I’ve always gotten tts because I wear a 13, and 99.9% of the time a 13.5 isn’t available, and the only time I settled for a 14 (not a huarache, another model) the shoe in hand seemed like a 17, was HUGE. This new round of huaraches do feel a bit short compared to past years, but they don’t really bother me. Only pair that really ever bother me was the cool grey suede pair from 5-6ish years back.

Okay that makes sense. I could be wrong but I think shoes start to fit more so “truer to size” in larger sizes like 13 and up. Not surprised at all that your size 13s feel fine at true to size. Smaller sizes are a different story with Nike when it comes to sizing.

Okay that makes sense. I could be wrong but I think shoes start to fit more so “truer to size” in larger sizes like 13 and up. Not surprised at all that your size 13s feel fine at true to size. Smaller sizes are a different story with Nike when it comes to sizing.
Don’t get me wrong, a 13.5 would be preferred in some cases, they just don’t make it. I guess I’m just used to dealing with it, plus I like the snug fit of the huarache bootie… but this new wave my toes are definitely scrunched up in the front. I have a sz 14 on the way, gonna see how those feel for me.

I’m a tts 13 and can’t wear huaraches in my tts. Even a 14 fits/feels snug. Don’t know how you do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom