HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Received the 2022 hyper grape and compared them to the purple punch from 2017.

Here’s my take for those that care to know.

2022 has a better shape but 2017 fits better. Hyper grapes -both shoes- press against the pinky toes -something NONE of the other new huaraches have done thus far. It’s not as bad as the command force pump but it’s close the only saving grace on it is that the material is thinner leather so it’s not painful more of an annoyance.

2017 used thicker neoprene and it’s noticeable if you have both

The circles on the midsole are more condensed like the OG 91 release on the 2017 -photo below- 2017 on right
9DA3BA03-643E-4080-A1B3-4CADC1C48F59.jpeg

Straps on the 2017 dont bulge out at the sides.

Toe on the 2017 is just not good
D5106366-B103-4779-A250-504B1481BBDD.jpeg

2022 Nike air on sole is white 2017 purple like the OG

74A750CB-4AB3-462A-9C1E-077D9C795509.jpeg

With that said I’ll probably return 2022 and try another pair to see if it has the same issue with the pinky toes

Last edited:
My hyper grapes were ridiculously small in my usual 1/2 size up 11.5–had to return em. Ordered a 12 and I really hope it doesn’t make me question my entire Huarache existence b/c having to rebuy all these recent retros is gonna be a pain. 🤣

My hyper grapes were ridiculously small in my usual 1/2 size up 11.5–had to return em. Ordered a 12 and I really hope it doesn’t make me question my entire Huarache existence b/c having to rebuy all these recent retros is gonna be a pain. 🤣
Believe me, I feel your pain. A few years ago in my 30’s my foot grew a full size and i had to swap out everything 😩

Believe me, I feel your pain. A few years ago in my 30’s my foot grew a full size and i had to swap out everything 😩

Damn, that’s some nightmare material right there. Couldn’t even imagine. :smh:

I don’t think my foot has grown though since every other shoe fits good. It’s just these Huaraches and their shrinking sizing. Honestly if my foot grew a full size now I’d be the most slide wearing dude alive lol. There’s no way I’d be able (or willing) to rebuy most of my stuff.

Nice pick ups… I slept on that size? pair expecting/hoping they’d sit, and maybe hit discount…. Brown pair is great in person too. Because of Nike lagging on shipping, I ended up with 2 sz 14s.

Back
Top Bottom