HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

definalty NOt COMING TO THE USSS, THIS HAS BEEN GONE OVER AND OVER AND OVER. HIGH UPS AT NIKE HAVE EVEN SAID IT. NO US RELEASE. :BACKHAND:
Brah, unless you have a direct connect to the higher ups at Nike, you really have no more information than anyone else here.  So all this speaking with e-authority stuff needs to cease and desist.    

I'm not saying that they ARE releasing stateside, but I'm also not ruling it out completely.  Why?  Because I don't know, nor am I privy to that sort of release information.  Euro drops have come stateside and other times they haven't.  Just because higher ups (and it really is only ONE--Gentry) at Nike said it doesn't mean a damn thing.  Keep in mind that this higher up is the same guy who said that Jordan Brand would stop producing retros a number of years back.  And we all know how that turned out.  

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong.  They may never drop here.  Just saying that you never know, unless you know something I don't (which is doubtful since you're like 99.9% of NTers, including myself--out of the loop).  

Remember we were never ever to see Nike air in any Jordan's ever again and we all know what happened there so who knows

Ill contribute....and don't get me wrong I do hope they drop stateside....

Man I just hope they drop stateside so I can get pairs that fit, my size 11s are gonna give me bunions.
YOOOO! 

My Size 11's are a bit Snugger than Normal as well! Hoping they break in a little more. I use to wear sz10 in Huaraches without the Insoles, and they fit fine. 10.5 w/ insole...

YOOOO! 

My Size 11's are a bit Snugger than Normal as well! Hoping they break in a little more. I use to wear sz10 in Huaraches without the Insoles, and they fit fine. 10.5 w/ insole...
yea my 11s are hella snug but im getting nervous on my royals still havent received them yet even tho i got my other pair.

Fed Ex has still not retrieved my package, LOL. Well Gosh has filed a complaint though. They've been excellent thus far with their customer service. So, hopefully, even if I wind up being out the kicks, I won't end up being out the money as well.

Fed Ex has still not retrieved my package, LOL. Well Gosh has filed a complaint though. They've been excellent thus far with their customer service. So, hopefully, even if I wind up being out the kicks, I won't end up being out the money as well.
WG is a top notch company.

I hope you get yours BIP!

I haven't worn mine yet, but from reading these replies, I'm glad I went a full size up.

Had these back in 05, I cant remember what the logo is on the Tongue, anyone know? gonna try to find a better pic, but these were one of my fav colorways.

Brah, unless you have a direct connect to the higher ups at Nike, you really have no more information than anyone else here.  So all this speaking with e-authority stuff needs to cease and desist.    

I'm not saying that they ARE releasing stateside, but I'm also not ruling it out completely.  Why?  Because I don't know, nor am I privy to that sort of release information.  Euro drops have come stateside and other times they haven't.  Just because higher ups (and it really is only ONE--Gentry) at Nike said it doesn't mean a damn thing.  Keep in mind that this higher up is the same guy who said that Jordan Brand would stop producing retros a number of years back.  And we all know how that turned out.  

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong.  They may never drop here.  Just saying that you never know, unless you know something I don't (which is doubtful since you're like 99.9% of NTers, including myself--out of the loop).  

Gentry said they aren't releasing. When someone that high up says so publicly, we don't need to get into e-authority, just use some common sense and READ.

Gentry said they aren't releasing. When someone that high up says so publicly, we don't need to get into e-authority, just use some common sense and READ.

Gentry was also the guy who said they would never put NA on a jordan retro again because he said they were not Nike ,they were jordan brand
Unfortunately I don't think these will hit the US simply because there is no mass US market for these shoes like Europe where runners are more in demand

Common sense?  You must be new here.

I won't say that Gentry has been wrong, because I'm sure at the time that he has said some things, that was the plan.  But plans change, as evidenced by us still having Jordan retros and having "Nike Air" on the back of a pair of Cement 3's.  

For the time being it looks like they're not releasing here.  But nothing is written in stone for Nike, even if Gentry said it.  That's all I'm getting at.  

Gentry was also the guy who said they would never put NA on a jordan retro again because he said they were not Nike ,they were jordan brand
Unfortunately I don't think these will hit the US simply because there is no mass US market for these shoes like Europe where runners are more in demand

How is that a reasonable comparison at all? He is no longer part of the brand, and when he led the brand he had no intention of bringing back Nike Air. Now he is back at Nike, and he said these aren't dropping anytime soon. As in... "Yeah, eventually every shoe we've ever made gets retro'd in the U.S."

I'm not going to argue with anyone, but clearly this was a UK only release, just like they've done before and will do again. Give it a year or two and they'll be back here, probably with some piss yellow "OG" marking on them to ruin them too. But no, this isn't a shoe that's jumping stateside anytime soon.

yea gentry's gone from jb so obviously its under different and better management still not getting it right but on better track now.

How is that a reasonable comparison at all? He is no longer part of the brand, and when he led the brand he had no intention of bringing back Nike Air. Now he is back at Nike, and he said these aren't dropping anytime soon. As in... "Yeah, eventually every shoe we've ever made gets retro'd in the U.S."

I'm not going to argue with anyone, but clearly this was a UK only release, just like they've done before and will do again. Give it a year or two and they'll be back here, probably with some piss yellow "OG" marking on them to ruin them too. But no, this isn't a shoe that's jumping stateside anytime soon.

I think Trife's point in general was that anytime a senior Nike executive, like Gentry, is faced with the decision of telling the truth or maintaining in lock step with whatever "brand strategy" McKinsey or whoever comes up with for the company, sets out, that person is going to choose to lie. I'm not holding my breath for a US release, but I don't believe what Gentry tweets, per se. as a general rule. Taking him at face value is like saying we don't waterboard because our President said so... if you want unmitigated truth, you are going to have to run further further down the corporate hierarchy. Too many competing agendas when people that high up make contact with the public.

Last edited:
All these tweets, replies from Nike and others like them are always carefully written to be non committal when asked about upcoming potential releases. As Trapped points out they rarely say no that's never going to release here but more along the lines of not at the moment. Nike Store Europes twitter account is classic at this. When asked if something is releasing in the UK which is not anytime soon they say things like no plans at the moment. It's just big corporations giving themselves the freedom to do whatever strategy fits them best in the future for commercial gain. When the air trainer 1 chlorophyl came out in the states back in October 12 but no news was heard about a UK release I asked Nike store and got the standard no plans at the moment reply. However will this shoe never release again in Europe - of course not it will be back again one day but just not now.

So for all those holding out for LEs in USA it's pretty clear. One day in the future it's likely they will release in the US. However the only way to be sure of getting them in theUS now is to cop an EU release pair which of course is going to cost you more. This whole debate just says on our thirst to get hard to cone by releases at the lowest possible price point.

So, finally, my situation is reconciled.

The good news... my shipment was found and re-delivered.

The bad news... WG had only sent me 1 pair, though I ordered 2.

So, I got my one pair and a refund for the second pair.

All things considered, I can live with the outcome.

I was hoping for the second pair though because I was going to use it to trade for the other CW.

Had these back in 05, I cant remember what the logo is on the Tongue, anyone know? gonna try to find a better pic, but these were one of my fav colorways.
wings and waffle- part of a pack taht had am1 and presto.

leather toe ruined these imo

Back
Top Bottom