HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

So the consensus here is that sizing is exactly the same as the Scream Green retro from 4 years ago? My real TTS for Nike is a 6, but I went up a whole size for my Scream Greens to a 7. Even with sizing up they fit snug as hell :lol:

40142303832_6f0f72c9ba_c.jpg

I've always sized up from a 14 to a 15. But the recent '91s did seem to fit a little bit larger than the Scream Greens. You may be able to get away with just .5 up but by the sound of it you would probably enjoy the fit of a whole size up. I can almost guarantee that a size 7 would have a more relaxed fit on the new pair.

That rumored 2/16 release date can't come fast enough, I'm guessing/wondering if the purple punches will release as quietly as their imposters did 2 years ago.

I got my '91s in from NDC first the sizing on these are different than SG '14 ( which in imo fit closer to how huaraches did back in the day) . I wear sz 10.5-11 in most shoes, I typically go with an 11 ( 11.5 in most huaraches) cuz my perfect sz would be 10.75 but Nike doesnt make it. I got a sz 11.5 from SNS and 11 from Nike, the 11.5 is too big or shall I say too wide in the toe box area. So the sz 11 is definitely the better fit of the two. The issue on szing has to do with the bull-nose ( rounded toe box of '91 vs pointed toe box of SG '14) toe box; from aesthetic and fit perspective this was a disappointment retro. If I grab the Purple Punch it will be at an outlet for sure.

Also I noticed on the nike pair, there are creases in the toe box not typical of huarache shoe which is one the reason I love the shoe it doesnt really crease. In the pictures Ive seen posted seems this is a consistent design flaw. Ill post some pics of the previous Pink/Game Royal Retro of '13 with the newest retro. If I had my choice between the two Id say the '12 retro are much better shoe.

I end this in saying if you have size questions order two, one your normal size and another .5 up. Of course its not one for all but these fit nothing like SG from '14

Shape of the toe seems to be better from those pics. Hoping that's pretty accurate.

Im guessing they will be the same as Royals if they are manufactured in the same location.

Heres some side by side of '13 retro and current iteration.

As you can see the toe box is pretty bad right out of the box from NDC. Ill order another two in hopes of getting a pair that isnt creased so bad.

IMG_6373.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg
IMG_6376.jpg
IMG_6377.jpg

Yeah man, they should in stores soon. Can't wait to grab them, it's deffo holy grail status for me, sure that toe is kinda strange but it's a small issue.

I can live with it but I have to disagree with the part about the toebox looking closer to OGs. This recent set of OGs is the first time I've seen a huarache with this stiff upper lip. Maybe someone will be brave enough to attempt a reshape.

Back
Top Bottom