Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 beats out Infiniti G37 in first comparison test

i still like the sedan better. but im not usually a fan of coupes so slight bias.

get rid of the spoiler and the genesis is
pimp.gif

There is no way that a silly Hyundai badge could stop me from messing with this car. This car is serious business for so much less than a G37.
The only bad thing that I've heard about the Genesis is that there have been airbag problems in Asia.

And the Genesis is RWD
pimp.gif
Having a FWD import trying to modify it FTL. Imight trade in my car to pick one of these up, I rather get a new Genesis coupe than a used G35.

Originally Posted by 18key

I dont even know what to say about the unsubstantiated hate in this thread. In terms of Genesis vs G37, the Hyundai is better. Dont hate on the car saying 'its still a Hyundai' when it's been beating cars left and right in performance tests.

I swear NT's got the most stubborn people on the internet, gettin mad and defensive that their precious G37 got beat.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Like are you serious? This car will be a flop.
Quote me if you want, this car will be a win.
thats rite, the sedan was already a win. EVERYBODY got one rimmed, tinted and so on.

and think bout Hyundai's other sedan, the Sonata, a win there, so to think that the coupe is gonna flop?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

more info? i looked at my local hyundai dealer sites and its not instock..

release date?

this car is sick, and witha V8 swapped in, it will just be ridiculous

on a side note, there was a black GT-R at my work today, with bronze brake calipers and real dark metal colored spokes it was PIFF

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Don't be surprised when people start swapping the 375HP V8 from the sedan, on to the coupe.
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly. Just look at the coupe, it's pretty large. Hyundai intentionally made it large enough that the V8 can easily be swapped in there. They probably have prototypes running that engine. This car is nice. I'd drive it. That exhaust note is nice too, very similar to the Z amd G's VQ35.

I don't understand why the coupe could not come with the V8 stock...Maybe in the future.

I dont even know what to say about the unsubstantiated hate in this thread. In terms of Genesis vs G37, the Hyundai is better. Dont hate on the car saying 'its still a Hyundai' when it's been beating cars left and right in performance tests.

I swear NT's got the most stubborn people on the internet, gettin mad and defensive that their precious G37 got beat.

Quoted For Fail.
I quote you for being an idiot. @*%$, you're one of those dudes that just wanna be seen in anInfiniti, Acura, Benz, whatever. I bet the only reason you want the badge is for some (()) Grow the hell up, if that Genesis had an Infiniti or Lexus badge,you'd be all over it.

Let's see a year+ from now how the genesis handles in the durability/longevity department

i'll admit though, hyundai did a really good job with this one

again... when is official release? i check my hyundai dealers ad they only have the 09

Originally Posted by kidUFC

again... when is official release? i check my hyundai dealers ad they only have the 09
The coupe is a 2010 model, so probably sometime later this year.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

Quoted For Fail.
I quote you for being an idiot. @*%$, you're one of those dudes that just wanna be seen in an Infiniti, Acura, Benz, whatever. I bet the only reason you want the badge is for some (()) Grow the hell up, if that Genesis had an Infiniti or Lexus badge, you'd be all over it.
QFT

the funny thing is the G isn't even that high quality. i'm not too sure about g37's but the g35's were mediocre at best. get inside a lexus andcompare to a infiniti, infiniti definately lacks. so why is everyone acting like the g is so much better than the genesis? the interior of genesis seems prettynice in pictures, so it's probably similar to the G. i think the real fools are the ones paying 45k for an infiniti. for a lexus, yes i would, for infinitiHEL-L no. nissan/inifiniti is on the bottom of the pyramid out of the top 3 ***. car manufactures, i doubt it's much better if at all than the genesis interms of reliability and quality, but i agree they have better performance, which is why you prob. get like 16mpg on the VQ.

i'd take one over a g37.

drop the extra 14k on a suspension package, engine mods, and a body kit and you can kiss my $#@

ooooor maybe just buy a used car or something for NO reason.

Genesis coupe +14k still in my pocket > g37.

the side and the rear looks nasty. But the front is ehhh. The twisted H kills it. Honda needs to take note. This makes me wanna drop a Vortech SC on my g35coupe. I cant imagine loosing to a Hyundai lol. Im about to put my paint job on hold and get that SC.

I'd take the money and tweak the gear ratios, there's no reason the Genesis should be slower than the G37 by a whole 0.7 seconds to 60.

Back
Top Bottom