I don't want to live like this vol .Cardiomyopathy

I was diagnosed with cardiomyopahty a while back and it has limited and is subsequentially ruined my life.Living with cardiomyopathy is living with fear .Because any and everything you can do is likely your last one of the many side effects or whatever you call it is sudden death I can literally die walking or in my sleep any given day..It is ridiculous and disgusting way to live.I have slowly grown to hate the whole world because of the fact I can't do anything fun .No skydiving,no roller coasters,no sports,no beer,no sex no nothing.I spend all day basically doing school and playing games.I swear to god I hate this life with the passion .I want all you niketalkers out there who really are blessed with good hearts lungs and bodies and I say this for real go out and enjoy life log off niketalk go outside and play ,go have fun like real fun,Travel ,fight ,laugh , go expierence the world because honestly your blessed and have no limitations.Go enjoy life seriously don't live like this .This isn't fun staring death in the eye and living with fear and regrets isn't living .I can't even say I have a life of any sort .

right now because frankly I don't wanna live like this anymore because I'm not living at all this is a pitiful existence no amount of shoes,clothes blogs could possibly really fill the void I call a life .
Please folks learn to liveEdit I'm not gonna shot myself I'm just too frustrated right now and annoyed

Keep your head up, my man. This world has a diverse amount of things to entertain us all, even those that are unfortunately limited like yourself. Sometimes we're dealt a bad hand. How you handle that hand is where your character resides. Right now all the limitations is all you know so naturally without them you feel limited. Find you a lady that accepts you and your limitations and find a way to enjoy this world in the manner you can.

I believe in you fam.

I'm really sorry. Stay strong and try and live for tomorrow to see the sun rise and feeling the warmth on your face. It's simple but it helps.

What were your symptoms before being diagnosed with cardiomyopathy ? Just curious and scurd.

Sorry to hear this man. Enjoy the simple things in life. Like the people around you and family. Stay close to them.

I have a heart condition, diagnosed in HS.  Always got cleared to play ball (football, baseball), even though I had to take a ton of tests.  Remember reading on letter from the cardiologist to my HS, and it said I shouldn't have any issues until I'm in my mid to late 30's.
I don't know what the exact condition, and I kind of don't want to know but I'd be lying if I said if it didn't cross my mind every time I hear of an athlete dropping instantly and the result is enlarged heart/cardiomyopathy.

Honestly, I live life to the fullest because tomorrow is not guaranteed.  I may be a cubicle/office warrior during the week, but I take full advantage of my free time.  Do I think about not waking up one day?  Yes, it's crossed my mind and when I wake up I just say "thank you".  Many nights I don't even think about it.

It hasn't stopped me from doing anything.  I don't see it as a limitation, never have, maybe I'm just stubborn.

Props to you for trying to encourage others. Maybe you'll experience a miracle in your life. Hope it works out for you my dude.

Are you enlisted for a heart transplant?...is it even an option?...I'm really sorry to hear this, just stay positive bro although at this point, that seems impossible....reminds me of Rosario Dawson in 7 pounds
frown.gif

I know where you're coming from to an extent because I myself live with cardiomyopathy

There is still a life out there for you to enjoy and live, I know each condition is different and more specific to each person but stay positive as you can, I hope you find your silver lining.

I won't let this stop me from enjoying life and attempting to achieve the things I want to do while I'm here, hopefully it doesnt stop you either

gun in your hand ? don't do anything crazy man. nothing is worth taking your life! There are always options in life. Yours may have become more limited, but you're still breathing and alive. even a perfectly healthy human being doesn't have tomorrow as a given. keep your head up and i wish you the best.

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

What were your symptoms before being diagnosed with cardiomyopathy ? Just curious and scurd.

Sorry to hear this man. Enjoy the simple things in life. Like the people around you and family. Stay close to them.

I was drinking a glass of water and I fell out with chest pains .Something as mundane as a glass of water nearly caused me to have a heart attack .I m tired of the limitations and the fact I can't do a damn thing with my life.i can't live a life where I dont live or even enjoy it.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I was diagnosed with cardiomyopahty a while back and it has limited and is subsequentially ruined my life.Living with cardiomyopathy is living with fear .Because any and everything you can do is likely your last one of the many side effects or whatever you call it is sudden death I can literally die walking or in my sleep any given day..It is ridiculous and disgusting way to live.I have slowly grown to hate the whole world because of the fact I can't do anything fun .No skydiving,no roller coasters,no sports,no beer,no sex no nothing.I spend all day basically doing school and playing games.I swear to god I hate this life with the passion .I want all you niketalkers out there who really are blessed with good hearts lungs and bodies and I say this for real go out and enjoy life log off niketalk go outside and play ,go have fun like real fun,Travel ,fight ,laugh , go expierence the world because honestly your blessed and have no limitations.Go enjoy life seriously don't live like this .This isn't fun staring death in the eye and living with fear and regrets isn't living .I can't even say I have a life of any sort .I'm saying this with a gun in my hand right now because frankly I don't wanna live like this anymore because I'm not living at all this is a pitiful existence no amount of shoes,clothes blogs could possibly really fill the void I call a life .Please folks learn to live
You better not kill yourself, or I will kill you.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I just looked the condition up 

frown.gif

Damn bro,I semi know that feel. I have Sickle Cell and it prevents me from doing certain things that I love like sports. I can always expect serious episodes of pain after I finish exercising and it sucks 
30t6p3b.gif
. It's also led to a bunch of other problems like having constant admissions for pneumonia s/pain crisis' etc and all the scarring in my chest from the pneumonia is starting to develop Pulmonary Hypertension (high pressure in the heart). I've been missing out on a lot because of admissions/check ups and monthly transfusions but I'm still grateful for everyday that I'm alive/able to breath and the fact that I have people around me that I love. It must be really hard living with your condition. all I can tell you is that life is a beautiful thing. Even though you might not be able to do certain things there are still plenty of other things out there to do that won't put your health in jeopardy. You just have to look around and find the activities you like. It shouldn't get to the point where you just don't want to live anymore,if it does get to that point I suggest you read This . I'll make sure to have you in mind in my prayers tonight. Stay strong OP.

Stay up man...can't live your life in fear just gotta live your life and pray/hope for the best....

I dont know if you're a religious man, but I am, and i wont try to force my beliefs on you, but I said a prayer for you. I honestly want in my heart for you to be able to enjoy your life, and hope that you can be a light in the lives of other young people dealing with similar issues

Youve already encouraged/touched people on NT, keep doing it! Make something positive out of it, maybe you can save a life somehow while your at it?? Stay up!

Life is hard for everyone. Some more than others. Find some strength for yourself and your loved ones. I wish you great health.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Damn bro,I semi know that feel. I have Sickle Cell and it prevents me from doing certain things that I love like sports. I can always expect serious episodes of pain after I finish exercising and it sucks 
30t6p3b.gif
. It's also led to a bunch of other problems like having constant admissions for pneumonia s/pain crisis' etc and all the scarring in my chest from the pneumonia is starting to develop Pulmonary Hypertension (high pressure in the heart). I've been missing out on a lot because of admissions/check ups and monthly transfusions but I'm still grateful for everyday that I'm alive/able to breath and the fact that I have people around me that I love. It must be really hard living with your condition. all I can tell you is that life is a beautiful thing. Even though you might not be able to do certain things there are still plenty of other things out there to do that won't put your health in jeopardy. You just have to look around and find the activities you like. It shouldn't get to the point where you just don't want to live anymore,if it does get to that point I suggest you read This . I'll make sure to have you in mind in my prayers tonight. Stay strong OP.
That article was funny I wouldnt want to kill myself after read that.
I have sickle cell trait, as you may know it does nothing to me, just gotta watch who I procreate with.

I sad now.

I think my greatest fear is having a child with this disease.Ive lost family members with this disease already and a sibling .Id rather never have kids than put them through what I've been through

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

30t6p3b.gif
I have sickle cell trait, as you may know it does nothing to me, just gotta watch who I procreate with.

I sad now.
Stay away from brothas and your child should be fine.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I sad now.
Stay away from brothas and your child should be fine.

happy.gif

Interracial dating sounds nice. 

Back
Top Bottom