I Feel Like J Cole's debut will be EXTREMELY SOLID (compared to other XXL Frosh)

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

What the hell? Since when does a rapper need a gimmick to be good? I guess that's what years and years of following the mainstream $$!%%@%* and being forced fed everything will do to ya. Ya'll got the game F'd up.

He doesnt need a gimmick to be good at all, but to be "successful" in this industry, sadly this is what it has come to.

Cole & Jay Elec are the only 2 debuts Im really lookin forward too tho.

Ever since I first heard "Dreams" and got that "Eminem - Stan" vibe, I couldn't wait til his album drop! I still listen to "The Warm Up" so I can only imagine how many spins his debut album will get...

Ever since I first heard "Dreams" and got that "Eminem - Stan" vibe, I couldn't wait til his album drop! I still listen to "The Warm Up" so I can only imagine how many spins his debut album will get...

I figure his album cuts gotta be better than the leaks & the leaks imo have been
pimp.gif

I'm just going to sit back & see what tricks he has up his sleave.

I figure his album cuts gotta be better than the leaks & the leaks imo have been
pimp.gif

I'm just going to sit back & see what tricks he has up his sleave.

Originally Posted by haiti5

his story is real and i appreciate..college kid with a talent..stays in school 3.8 gpa gets his hustle on and finds a way in..pretty dope to me..he doesnt make weed anthems or wear 14 louis coinpouches at one time..but he still keeps it funky and aint no backpack dude..HES A REAL PERSON lol ..thats his "gimmick"
Nailed it.

his story is real and i appreciate..college kid with a talent..stays in school 3.8 gpa gets his hustle on and finds a way in..pretty dope to me..he doesnt make weed anthems or wear 14 louis coinpouches at one time..but he still keeps it funky and aint no backpack dude..HES A REAL PERSON lol ..thats his "gimmick"
Nailed it.

Blackmagnus is right about J. Cole. Every time I see his thread I get alil annoyed by still seeing The Warm Up in the title. Like he really think he gonna be successful off being affiliated with a Camel, features, and his waning buzz. Dude definitely needs to drop more mixtapes. He acting like he guaranteed more albums or like he aint see what just happened to Wale.

IKnowRap couldn't be more wrong about Wiz. Imma have to assume you not really fan don't got his catalog if you're saying he isn't a rapper. Not only is he that but homey has already evolved in to an artist with a huge buzz and fan base. He's sticking to his shtick cuz it works for him and ppl actually like his music unlike the rest who try to copy that style but don't get embraced.

I honestly don't give a %++% about Nipsey. Content is tired and he aint that good of a rapper either. His story may need to be told but I'd suggest he let someone else tell it.

Blackmagnus is right about J. Cole. Every time I see his thread I get alil annoyed by still seeing The Warm Up in the title. Like he really think he gonna be successful off being affiliated with a Camel, features, and his waning buzz. Dude definitely needs to drop more mixtapes. He acting like he guaranteed more albums or like he aint see what just happened to Wale.

IKnowRap couldn't be more wrong about Wiz. Imma have to assume you not really fan don't got his catalog if you're saying he isn't a rapper. Not only is he that but homey has already evolved in to an artist with a huge buzz and fan base. He's sticking to his shtick cuz it works for him and ppl actually like his music unlike the rest who try to copy that style but don't get embraced.

I honestly don't give a %++% about Nipsey. Content is tired and he aint that good of a rapper either. His story may need to be told but I'd suggest he let someone else tell it.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Ima keep it funky from a fan and a label POV....

He doesnt have the crossover appeal of Drake, the raw charisma of Wiz, or the compelling story of Nipsey Hussle...

He does have talent and a lyrical ability....when this guy was wrecking $!% a few months ago, i thought he was putting together a run comparable to what X and Ye put out before their debuts

He needs to get off the Roc Nation crutch and go for self...Jay's priority is himself...get some brands behind him...he needs to do a viral campaign to bolster his presence in the business...and do a massive press run...seems like all his major press is mistimed...

Release a few more mixtapes..like 4 mininum

i feel ya dawg...but we have been there done that....thats the thing if you follow dudes interviews ITS HIM THAT DOESNT WANT THE ROC NATION CRUTCH....he has this approach that he is gonna do everything on his own and doesnt want to ride off the coattails of being Jays first act which i respect but at the same time I think he is a lil OD in his approach.

If dude and Mark Pitts opened their mouth more they would prolly have alot more lined up through roc nation than they have, hell they prolly have turned down issh we dont even know about

Prime example of how that cud go either way is Drake and Big Sean....both use their affilations with the larger act (Wayne, Kanye) but one it worked for and the other well we cud still give an EFF about....J. Cole den built his rep up off his own work along, which may not be a big rep but he doing better than alot of these other internet rappers building a following

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up
tired.gif
...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Realest statement(s) on Jermaine Cole I've heard thus far.

You wrong on Wiz though.
Originally Posted by dreClark

Nailed it.

This.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Ima keep it funky from a fan and a label POV....

He doesnt have the crossover appeal of Drake, the raw charisma of Wiz, or the compelling story of Nipsey Hussle...

He does have talent and a lyrical ability....when this guy was wrecking $!% a few months ago, i thought he was putting together a run comparable to what X and Ye put out before their debuts

He needs to get off the Roc Nation crutch and go for self...Jay's priority is himself...get some brands behind him...he needs to do a viral campaign to bolster his presence in the business...and do a massive press run...seems like all his major press is mistimed...

Release a few more mixtapes..like 4 mininum

i feel ya dawg...but we have been there done that....thats the thing if you follow dudes interviews ITS HIM THAT DOESNT WANT THE ROC NATION CRUTCH....he has this approach that he is gonna do everything on his own and doesnt want to ride off the coattails of being Jays first act which i respect but at the same time I think he is a lil OD in his approach.

If dude and Mark Pitts opened their mouth more they would prolly have alot more lined up through roc nation than they have, hell they prolly have turned down issh we dont even know about

Prime example of how that cud go either way is Drake and Big Sean....both use their affilations with the larger act (Wayne, Kanye) but one it worked for and the other well we cud still give an EFF about....J. Cole den built his rep up off his own work along, which may not be a big rep but he doing better than alot of these other internet rappers building a following

i disagree with u on Wiz and Nippsie tho...Wiz may make it cuz he represents what most youth these days wanna act like, smoke and tatted up
tired.gif
...but he aint no real rapper to me...just a placement act...and Nippsie aint gon be nutin cuz ppl dont care about Snoop or Game so why give him the time of day?

Realest statement(s) on Jermaine Cole I've heard thus far.

You wrong on Wiz though.
Originally Posted by dreClark

Nailed it.

This.

ive never gotten the impression that cole was jus happy to be here. 
laugh.gif
. on some im on roc nation..ok cool type steez..

son cant just saturate the market on some Lil B *!!..although i do feel like he should be on his live show grind across the country more

ive never gotten the impression that cole was jus happy to be here. 
laugh.gif
. on some im on roc nation..ok cool type steez..

son cant just saturate the market on some Lil B *!!..although i do feel like he should be on his live show grind across the country more

Can yall PLEASE TELL ME how im wrong bout WIZ???...
I said that his IMAGE AND SUBJECT MATTER is the reason he will be successful in the Rap game, not his skills on the mic... ill take back what i said bout his fanbase being like guccis tho

i liked how Wiz came off on How Fly so i went and checked out his early work cats on here was sayin was his best one of them prince of the city joints r sumtin...i let it stream and didnt think much of it so i didnt dl....kush n oj came around n was getting hype so I gave him one more shot n str8 dl'd...still didnt think to much of it and only a few joints got burn...

i aint sayin he cant rap or make good music, he just aint a rapper rapper compared to cats like j.cole, jay elc, krit... maybe he can put together a solid debut and do numbers word to B.o.B(opps)...but that dont make him better than J.Cole or more capable of making a true HIP HOP classic/solid debut album...which is the subject of the thread

I said that his IMAGE AND SUBJECT MATTER is the reason he will be successful in the Rap game, not his skills on the mic... ill take back what i said bout his fanbase being like guccis tho

i liked how Wiz came off on How Fly so i went and checked out his early work cats on here was sayin was his best one of them prince of the city joints r sumtin...i let it stream and didnt think much of it so i didnt dl....kush n oj came around n was getting hype so I gave him one more shot n str8 dl'd...still didnt think to much of it and only a few joints got burn...

i aint sayin he cant rap or make good music, he just aint a rapper rapper compared to cats like j.cole, jay elc, krit... maybe he can put together a solid debut and do numbers word to B.o.B(opps)...but that dont make him better than J.Cole or more capable of making a true HIP HOP classic/solid debut album...which is the subject of the thread

J Cole is just Fashawn with more hype cause he signed with Mr Knowles...

Fashawn is a lot more entertaining, and just as lyrically talent (IMO BETTER)...

Already has a SOLID solo debut, we don't have to guess what his %!%% goin be, we know what we're gettin from him... & Ode To Illmatic is much more entertaining then The Warm Up...

I'm glad J Cole had a 3.8 or whatever, all that tells me is he is more valueble to the workforce then the hip hop world... He's more or less told his story in 2 mixtapes...

Fashawn is a lot more entertaining, and just as lyrically talent (IMO BETTER)...

Already has a SOLID solo debut, we don't have to guess what his %!%% goin be, we know what we're gettin from him... & Ode To Illmatic is much more entertaining then The Warm Up...

I'm glad J Cole had a 3.8 or whatever, all that tells me is he is more valueble to the workforce then the hip hop world... He's more or less told his story in 2 mixtapes...

In order to succeed in this game, you need to be more than rapper though.

Someone with charisma and stage presence is gonna make it farther than the dude who can just rap his !*+ off.

In order to succeed in this game, you need to be more than rapper though.

Someone with charisma and stage presence is gonna make it farther than the dude who can just rap his !*+ off.

^I agree w u my fav rapper BIG n Jay is the GOAT n NaS n Lupe are squares but dope...but what is charismatic about Wiz?

n fashawn?? goofy name he already lost...but nahh never bothered to check for him...he missed my new rapper cut last year

^I agree w u my fav rapper BIG n Jay is the GOAT n NaS n Lupe are squares but dope...but what is charismatic about Wiz?

n fashawn?? goofy name he already lost...but nahh never bothered to check for him...he missed my new rapper cut last year

IMO lyrically Wiz has the ability to turn it up a notch. His early work before he switched his style in Grow Season and POTC showed that to me. Dude just re focused on new subject matter. I don't think it is just his style and subject matter that'll gain him success. Dude makes good/great songs and that's why I feel he can make a great album.

If he makes a classic album it'll be in the lane of a Doggystyle meets Devin The Dude. I missed the part where this thread became about who could make a "true" hip hop classic (no way something in the lane of a Doggystyle isn't true HIP HOP) and besides that there is no doubt he'll have a solid debut.

You making it sound like Wiz aint hip hop or if he's in some alternative hip hop lane (i.e. whack "rappers" like Cudi and B.o.B.) which is not the case.
Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Damn you got me thinking. I just listened to Ode To Illmatic couple days back
pimp.gif
  and Fash has plenty of stellar mixtapes and his album was solid but I can't call it..... yet.

IMO lyrically Wiz has the ability to turn it up a notch. His early work before he switched his style in Grow Season and POTC showed that to me. Dude just re focused on new subject matter. I don't think it is just his style and subject matter that'll gain him success. Dude makes good/great songs and that's why I feel he can make a great album.

If he makes a classic album it'll be in the lane of a Doggystyle meets Devin The Dude. I missed the part where this thread became about who could make a "true" hip hop classic (no way something in the lane of a Doggystyle isn't true HIP HOP) and besides that there is no doubt he'll have a solid debut.

You making it sound like Wiz aint hip hop or if he's in some alternative hip hop lane (i.e. whack "rappers" like Cudi and B.o.B.) which is not the case.
Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Damn you got me thinking. I just listened to Ode To Illmatic couple days back
pimp.gif
  and Fash has plenty of stellar mixtapes and his album was solid but I can't call it..... yet.

Back
Top Bottom