I JUST PLAYED BALL IN THE THE AIR JORDAN XX3 - REVIEW!!! WOW

My initial review of the 23

I've had the recent privilege of a pre-test wearing of the new Air Jordan 23(XX3).

I did not realize the opportunity was about to happen -a common night on the town inChicago resulted with a good friend (nba player, not from Chicago) who happened to have a pair close to my size - a wear test size 13 and I am a 13.5/14.Needless to say - the shoes had to get worn. Immediately.

A local Salvation Army fundraiser was going on, and there was also a new wooden fullcourt empty for a few of the kids to play on. Needless to say, opportunity knocked…and I balled for about two hours. Solo.

I'm the kinda person who loves to play serious ball in the newest Jordan. Beendoin' it since about the OG 11. The XX3 reminds me of so many previous Jordans, yet so new at the same time. It's incredible. Example:

Feels like the 13, on the lateral area of the shoe. The upper is supper smooth with twoseparate one-piece units on the medial and lateral sides. The shoe has GREAT ankle protection. Also feels like the 13 on the sides of the pinky toe - the shoes feel SUPER stable at that crucial point of the shoe, especially on hard cuts. Any person who has balled in AJ 13s,knows exactly what that feels like. But….no bulkiness!

Feels like the 14 - the asymmetrical ankle heights allow the ankle to move freely, whilereducing weight.

Feels like the 17, with supreme midfoot and ankle support, but without the restrictionor bulkiness.

Feels like the 17 low, in the way its somewhat low-cut on the lateral sides, with strongankle protection.

Feels like the 18, with OUTSTANDING traction AND cushioning, but without the"tipping" over feel.

Feels like the 19 - super soft around the ankle, BOUNCY zoom air…..but with bettersupport.

Feels like the 20 (stealth) with the insane forefoot court feel. The traction isawesome. Foot transition from heel to toe is superb as well. The XX didn't have carbon or zoom air. Go figure? Maybe we'll see a full IPS/Zoom/Carbonmix…. One day….

Feels like the 20 - the shoe is one smooth, comfortable sock around the foot - excepthigher cut. The 23 reminds me of what a mid-cut AJ20 would have felt like...

The lacing is 100% almost like the Zoom Lebron 2. Hey, Nike is to Jordan Brand as 23 isto 23. Its actually that same hidden eye design they've used for years...but not so hidden!

The outsole cleans dust off easy - it reminds of the Penny 4 but with XX stealth rubber. The fingerprint design isamazing.

I was not allowed to take pictures. The day went from talks to moving locations torandom basketball with New Air Jordans.

The XX3 are the best ever. That's my review. 5/5 in all categories - no joke.Basketball shoe G.O.A.T.

The one shoe I can compare these to… are Penny Foamposites, but moreflexible.

The only flaw is that I only played in them once. Ill get my own pair real, REAL soon.

PS I cannot reveal the colorway I played in... as it would reveal my source.

Holla,

GO GIANTS! 9-5

-NYG11-

Wow...thanks for the review...cant wait for my pair...people just look at how the shoe looks somethimes and forget about the peformance...

This post might get moved to the Review forum... but I had to Tell the JB forum 1st. I ADORE THE XX3!!

^^ NO THEY DID NOT!

They had the xylar sheath. Just like the Zoom Lebron 2. Same function, just not carbon.

^
roll.gif

Thanks for the review man!!! It's good to hear the review from an actual consumer instead of a person who gets paid to review these things

If there're half as good as you say i think we're in for a treat!
It really wouldn't surprise me if he's telling the truth

personally I dont like the shoes, they remind me of AND1 clearance rack shoes, but reading the performance review of them... they sound great for basketball...

awesome stuff man, it's nice to know that a person who reviewed past jordans put his input on the XX3s.

Dudes questioning credibility?

Must be new around here.

Thanks for the review, can't wait to play in 'em.

Thanks for the review.

I was SUPER excited about driving down to Chi from Canada to get the January XX3. Now I am ridiculously excited to play in them.

I definetly appreciate the Review.

-Kast

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Dudes questioning credibility?

Must be new around here.

Thanks for the review, can't wait to play in 'em.

wink.gif
Thanks B21.

Outkast - hit me up - Ill be at NikeTown Chicago getting them

Soma - I wear a 13.5 - a 13 just fits. Wasnt a big deal. How could I turn down the opportunity?

Do the XXIII fit true to size? Are they narrow or wide like the Zoom Kobe 1? How do they fit length wise? Does the XXIII have a full length carbon fiber springplate or is it only a carbon fiber shank plate?

Back
Top Bottom