I know I was born in 1987, but am I the only one that thinks the 80's was just a good decade???

I really think the 80's had the best decade as far as entertainment. I think the 80's had the best movies and Music. 
pimp.gif
 Anyone here agree.. 

80s movies were pretty awful.

The beginnings of high-concept films and the modern blockbuster (started with Jaws in the 70s) but got far worse in the 80s and there wasn't enough quality movies to balance it out.

I was born in 86, I loved the 90s..
But for some reason, I get extra heated when someone says 90s >.....Even though I don't even remember the 80s...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I always wish I was an adult during the 80s.

Sorry BigJ33, your a pretty good movie critic but I love 80s movies and not for their cinematography, but the sartirical and dramatic egde they try to give.
Basically, I like how terrible they are.

Miami in the 80s would be
pimp.gif

I was born in 1985 and i love the 80's. Even though i only remember bits and peices of the last 2-3 years of it. But i grew up on all the 80's cartoons, movies, and music. Dont get me wrong the 90's is my bread and butter but the 80's is just so nostalgic and different for me. I cant believe that people actually think that 80's movies were that bad. I actually think thats when they were the most entertaining. Im no critic and def dont watch movies for the cinematography either. But the 80's just had its own originality that even today people wish this decade and the past decade had.

I mean hell look at all the things that came out during the 80's......Nintendo, Air jordans, Awesome cartoons that kids still watch today (Ninja turtles, G.i Joe, Transformers, Thundecats etc.) i could go on. The only thing the 90's has thats better IMO are video games (16 - 32 bit era), Hip hop, and sports. Thats about it.

80s music 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All those club bangers dropping every 5 minutes
30t6p3b.gif
I wonder how our parents lived back then. If I went to college back then, especially a school like UCSB, I wouldn't have made it to the 90s let alone graduate
laugh.gif

'82 here.

I think 80s babies just feel that way because the 80's was out childhood, our age of innocence. I bet as a teen/young adult it sucked. You had crack epidemic, AIDS and a lot of people don't realize this, but there was also a recession in the 80s.

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

I always wish I was an adult during the 80s.

Sorry BigJ33, your a pretty good movie critic but I love 80s movies and not for their cinematography, but the sartirical and dramatic egde they try to give.
Basically, I like how terrible they are.

Miami in the 80s would be
pimp.gif
I love tons of 80s movies as well. They're entertaining and enjoyable without a doubt, but the overall quality is lacking in comparison to the 70s or 90s, obviously.

80's pop culture was enjoyable. Not to mention I feel 80's cartoon was on point in terms of art and concept. The 90's does have its moments, but I'm glad I grew up in the 80's.

I was born in 87 as well and I too appreciate the 80's.

But..the 90's >>>>>>>

Originally Posted by Big J 33

80s movies were pretty awful.

The beginnings of high-concept films and the modern blockbuster (started with Jaws in the 70s) but got far worse in the 80s and there wasn't enough quality movies to balance it out.

alien.gif
 what? 

I was born in '82 also. Loved growing up in the 80's with the silly fashion trends, bad hair styles, memorable movies and some of the greatest music ever.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

'82 here.

I think 80s babies just feel that way because the 80's was out childhood, our age of innocence. I bet as a teen/young adult it sucked. You had crack epidemic, AIDS and a lot of people don't realize this, but there was also a recession in the 80s.

nani? elaborate

Wish I could have been around during the rise of graffiti and the bboy era. Would have been a hard core hip hop head.

87-90 would of been excellent times to be born, you get to witness the best decade to be a kid

Back
Top Bottom