I never knew that......

Never knew Dave was on home improvement
Screenshot_20211206-185415_Google.jpg

I found out recently as well

Dave had something like 19 TV show pilots which all failed so by the time Chappelle's show even came about he was used to not going far

Apparently he used to be referred to as pilot boy in the industry cause he had so many shows that never got past the pilot episode.

Although the Chappelle of that time was more like what you saw in the Nutty Professor, so it’s easy to see why his stuff never got picked up.

When forrest gump makes that speech in dc and the speakers go out he says....

"Sometimes when people go to Vietnam, they go home to their mommas without any legs. Sometimes they don’t go home at all. That’s a bad thing. That’s all I have to say about that."

To piggy back on the Gump things I never knew……

In the movie, when Jenny is in her all-girls dorm room she days “I wanna be a singer, like Joan Baez.”

Later in the film, when she’s a guitar playing stripper, she plays the song “Blowin in the Wind.” Which was a song made by Bob Dylan and later also sang by Joan Baez. Dylan and Baez used to date back in the day :evil:

When Jenny is being introduced on stage, the host says, “let's give a big round of applause to the LUSCIOUS Bobbi Dylan.”

Personal side note to this story:
My grandpa fought in Vietnam. He operated a river boat, and saw every horrible thing imaginable while he was in. He said he has never been able to get all the way through Forest Gump because the soundtrack is so on point, it takes him RIGHT BACK to being at war. The music triggers his PTSD so bad that he’s said he’s lost track of real life before. Kudos to the film makers for capturing such a realistic feel for such a revolutionary time period.

I was lost when he said it - the ideal they had was dope - wondered if they found the other exhibits.

Back
Top Bottom