I see Lebron in athleticism decline

I cant believe this thread is actually 5 pages long.....The OP made this thread sarcastically as way to get on his knees for Lebron.

Lebron is still as athletic as ever and even when he gets older all he has to add a real post game and he'll be fine. He should develop it NOW! There's no reason for him not to, Lebron's avoidance of the post is almost ridiculous, hes probably the pound for pound the strongest guy in the league.

I cant believe this thread is actually 5 pages long.....The OP made this thread sarcastically as way to get on his knees for Lebron.

Lebron is still as athletic as ever and even when he gets older all he has to add a real post game and he'll be fine. He should develop it NOW! There's no reason for him not to, Lebron's avoidance of the post is almost ridiculous, hes probably the pound for pound the strongest guy in the league.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Let's not forget about footwork as well, something that also contributes to getting off a good shot.

Lebron's footwork as of now is atrocious. His crab dribble isn't going to get him very far once his athleticism is gone.
footwork really doesn't matter anything if you cannot get a good shot off. see kobe

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Let's not forget about footwork as well, something that also contributes to getting off a good shot.

Lebron's footwork as of now is atrocious. His crab dribble isn't going to get him very far once his athleticism is gone.
footwork really doesn't matter anything if you cannot get a good shot off. see kobe

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

THIS!!! (kinda)
Kobe's main problem has always been his decision making. He doesn't opt for the smarter play. That's why he isn't an elite passer like LeBron. As great as he is, he takes some really bad, unnecessary shots. His FG% would be MUCH higher if he didn't take these hero shots.

Decision making is part of your game too. If you crumble under defensive pressure and just chuck up a shot instead of having the court vision to make the smarter play, you can't say "he has a better midrange, he just misses more because he makes worse decisions". That counts.Taking bad shots doesn't give you extra credit when you miss. You're just an idiot for taking a bad shot. Picking your shots is part of your game.

Now, on top of that, LeBron plays in the Eastern conference, and Kobe plays in the Western conference. All of the elite defensive teams are in the East. LeBron is facing better defensive teams more often than Kobe does. Realistically, LeBron should be being held to a lower shooting percentage.

It's just not fair to say Kobe "has a better midrange" when LeBron shoots a higher percentage, plays against tougher defense & makes smarter decisions. LeBron is doing exactly what he supposed to do in the midrange.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

THIS!!! (kinda)
Kobe's main problem has always been his decision making. He doesn't opt for the smarter play. That's why he isn't an elite passer like LeBron. As great as he is, he takes some really bad, unnecessary shots. His FG% would be MUCH higher if he didn't take these hero shots.

Decision making is part of your game too. If you crumble under defensive pressure and just chuck up a shot instead of having the court vision to make the smarter play, you can't say "he has a better midrange, he just misses more because he makes worse decisions". That counts.Taking bad shots doesn't give you extra credit when you miss. You're just an idiot for taking a bad shot. Picking your shots is part of your game.

Now, on top of that, LeBron plays in the Eastern conference, and Kobe plays in the Western conference. All of the elite defensive teams are in the East. LeBron is facing better defensive teams more often than Kobe does. Realistically, LeBron should be being held to a lower shooting percentage.

It's just not fair to say Kobe "has a better midrange" when LeBron shoots a higher percentage, plays against tougher defense & makes smarter decisions. LeBron is doing exactly what he supposed to do in the midrange.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it

Bron's improved jump shot came from years of being sent to the free-throw line. During his first 3 years, every critic and NBA player knew he couldn't sink a 17-footer. He really couldn't. But years of driving and getting fouled, shooting 8-12 times from the stripe really improved his jumper naturally.

Add that with the practicing he does regularly, his jumper is untouchable right now.
I don't think shooting FT's improves a jump shot. Two different situations. One is a controlled situation, the other isn't. Word to Dan Majerle. Terrible FT Shooter considering his jumper.

So I can't agree with that. His jumper improved from WORK being put in. Nothing more. Nothing less.

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it

Bron's improved jump shot came from years of being sent to the free-throw line. During his first 3 years, every critic and NBA player knew he couldn't sink a 17-footer. He really couldn't. But years of driving and getting fouled, shooting 8-12 times from the stripe really improved his jumper naturally.

Add that with the practicing he does regularly, his jumper is untouchable right now.
I don't think shooting FT's improves a jump shot. Two different situations. One is a controlled situation, the other isn't. Word to Dan Majerle. Terrible FT Shooter considering his jumper.

So I can't agree with that. His jumper improved from WORK being put in. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Originally Posted by man listen

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out. look at what kobe did to the hornets a few weeks ago or at the asg. nobody in their right mind would say he hasn't lost a step but for a couple plays he looked like #8. lebron is definitely saving his energy. on the other hand look at d wade, he looks like he hasn't lost anything and that's after some surgeries. dude's a monster
When has Lebron not been able to do something 'athletically' that he used to be able to do? Can we find an example?

Originally Posted by man listen

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out. look at what kobe did to the hornets a few weeks ago or at the asg. nobody in their right mind would say he hasn't lost a step but for a couple plays he looked like #8. lebron is definitely saving his energy. on the other hand look at d wade, he looks like he hasn't lost anything and that's after some surgeries. dude's a monster
When has Lebron not been able to do something 'athletically' that he used to be able to do? Can we find an example?

Didn't he say that he purposely was trying to limit how much of his athleticism he uses in games before the year started?

Didn't he say that he purposely was trying to limit how much of his athleticism he uses in games before the year started?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This.

can't believe dude attributed LeBron's mid-range shooting success due to rate in which he went to the charity stripe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This.

can't believe dude attributed LeBron's mid-range shooting success due to rate in which he went to the charity stripe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude is still a freak of nature and I think he is just picking his spots.

His footwork is gross tho
sick.gif
I cringe sometimes.

You guys comparing Kobe and Lebron should understand that they also play in different systems,positions and roles. So it's almost pointless to compare the two with stats and such. But I understand it's human nature to compare the two.

When teams play against Lebron, they are way more worried about his drive & passing than his jumpshot. That is why Lebron is in iso most of the time up until he drives. Whereas with Kobe, teams double team or shadow him as soon as he drops his first dribble because they understand his mid-range is way more lethal than his drive right now.

Lebron will need to work on his post moves and footwork as he gets older and slower. Otherwise, it ain't gonna end pretty for him.

Dude is still a freak of nature and I think he is just picking his spots.

His footwork is gross tho
sick.gif
I cringe sometimes.

You guys comparing Kobe and Lebron should understand that they also play in different systems,positions and roles. So it's almost pointless to compare the two with stats and such. But I understand it's human nature to compare the two.

When teams play against Lebron, they are way more worried about his drive & passing than his jumpshot. That is why Lebron is in iso most of the time up until he drives. Whereas with Kobe, teams double team or shadow him as soon as he drops his first dribble because they understand his mid-range is way more lethal than his drive right now.

Lebron will need to work on his post moves and footwork as he gets older and slower. Otherwise, it ain't gonna end pretty for him.

It's called growth. When your young your out running around using more energy then need be but when your older you figure out how to get the job down without all the b.s.

It's called growth. When your young your out running around using more energy then need be but when your older you figure out how to get the job down without all the b.s.

Still the most athletic player in the league and hasn't lost one step, he's just become a smarter and better basketball player.

Still the most athletic player in the league and hasn't lost one step, he's just become a smarter and better basketball player.

Back
Top Bottom