I see Lebron in athleticism decline

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

shot selection is also a part of midrange game...
he takes tough shots b/c he simply cannot get easy shots with his current athleticism 
exactly
imagine when lebron has to start taking tough shots due to lack of athleticism
sick.gif

Wade is probably going be affected even worse cause he is shorter 
lol we ain't talking about the future here. currently kobe's midrange fg% is not better than lebron

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

he takes tough shots b/c he simply cannot get easy shots with his current athleticism 
exactly
sick.gif

lol we ain't talking about the future here. currently kobe's midrange fg% is not better than lebron

Physically Leberon peaked early. There's not question about that.

For how long he can maintain that peak is the question.

Physically Leberon peaked early. There's not question about that.

For how long he can maintain that peak is the question.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it

Bron's improved jump shot came from years of being sent to the free-throw line. During his first 3 years, every critic and NBA player knew he couldn't sink a 17-footer. He really couldn't. But years of driving and getting fouled, shooting 8-12 times from the stripe really improved his jumper naturally.

Add that with the practicing he does regularly, his jumper is untouchable right now.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it

Bron's improved jump shot came from years of being sent to the free-throw line. During his first 3 years, every critic and NBA player knew he couldn't sink a 17-footer. He really couldn't. But years of driving and getting fouled, shooting 8-12 times from the stripe really improved his jumper naturally.

Add that with the practicing he does regularly, his jumper is untouchable right now.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Now find the dunk he did in that game coming down the lane, and find the one from earlier this year when he lifted off from the bottom of the circle vs. the Bulls.

This loss of athleticism is being grossly overstated.

Exactly my thoughts.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Now find the dunk he did in that game coming down the lane, and find the one from earlier this year when he lifted off from the bottom of the circle vs. the Bulls.

This loss of athleticism is being grossly overstated.

Exactly my thoughts.

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out. look at what kobe did to the hornets a few weeks ago or at the asg. nobody in their right mind would say he hasn't lost a step but for a couple plays he looked like #8. lebron is definitely saving his energy. on the other hand look at d wade, he looks like he hasn't lost anything and that's after some surgeries. dude's a monster

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out. look at what kobe did to the hornets a few weeks ago or at the asg. nobody in their right mind would say he hasn't lost a step but for a couple plays he looked like #8. lebron is definitely saving his energy. on the other hand look at d wade, he looks like he hasn't lost anything and that's after some surgeries. dude's a monster

Originally Posted by man listen

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out.
Uh, no. You're confusing athleticism for conditioning/endurance.

As for LeBron, this is overstated. He's been picking his spots more and playing more of a floor game this season. It should be noted that he's playing the Bulls right now, and that spectacular offensive players tend to look less spectacular when playing great defenses. That's why they're great defenses. But this is NT and it's LeBron so if he's dunking everything in sight than he's one dimensional and all he does is dunk. When he's varying his game and scoring opportunities he's losing athleticism. Can't win. And I don't even like the guy.

Originally Posted by man listen

not really overstated.. losing athleticism doesn't mean you can't jump as high or run fast anymore. all it means is that you can't do it as often because all of a sudden it wears you out.
Uh, no. You're confusing athleticism for conditioning/endurance.

As for LeBron, this is overstated. He's been picking his spots more and playing more of a floor game this season. It should be noted that he's playing the Bulls right now, and that spectacular offensive players tend to look less spectacular when playing great defenses. That's why they're great defenses. But this is NT and it's LeBron so if he's dunking everything in sight than he's one dimensional and all he does is dunk. When he's varying his game and scoring opportunities he's losing athleticism. Can't win. And I don't even like the guy.

exactly
sick.gif

I already talked about that in my first post on page 4

the future is relevant here because of "not 5, not 6, not7"

exactly
sick.gif

I already talked about that in my first post on page 4

the future is relevant here because of "not 5, not 6, not7"

Have you seen him in the open court?... dude is a freak of nature out there. He looks like TO in his prime when he runs the floor.

Have you seen him in the open court?... dude is a freak of nature out there. He looks like TO in his prime when he runs the floor.

Back
Top Bottom