I want to lose 20lbs before 1/1/12. Any tips?

For those saying they don't have time to exercise, I implore you to learn proper technique on a rowing machine. It's the best full body workout there is and you can do in ten minutes what would take an eternity on a treadmill and lifting weights. My workout at the gym: ten minutes of intense interval training on a rowing machine, mixing in ab work during intervals. In and out of the gym in 20 minutes every time, sweating like a dog and barely able to walk. I eat healthy for dinner, not so much for lunch (sandwiches, burritos, etc.), and I drink a lot (wine only though). Been dropping weight like crazy over the past month. You don't have to cut out everything bad. Trust me.

Also, start walking more, but with purpose. Like to the grocery store and other places. If it's a mile away, a round trip burns a couple hundred calories. Do that four or five times a week and it adds up.

Originally Posted by DT43

OP, ignore all of these nonsense suggestions and look up Intermittent Fasting and the leangains method.
http://www.leangains.com/

DSC00316.JPG

needless to say he knows his +@+%..
QFT. Martin Berkhan is the man. Made my life so much less miserable after reading his site.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

before I was eating 6 meals a day to keep metabolism up, eating slow digesting protein before bed and trying to get a protein shake right after lifting weights because I thought I'd lose muscle,  etc. This guy prove that's all BS.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Tried the south beach diet for 2 weeks and lost 25 pounds
laugh.gif

yea, OK. 

although most of that was probably water weight i believe him.

i lost 25 pounds in 10 days BUT thats when i was at a heavy weight. and it wasnt the south beach diet though it was the atkins. again probably 40 percent of that 25 pounds was water weight though.

i ate nothing but chicken breast, eggs, mozarella cheese, and water. ran an hour a day and did light weight training every other day. worst ten days of my life
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bro I lost 22lbs in 2 months! No joke! All I did was wake up early in the morning, like 5:30am... and run 10-15 minutes on the treadmill. Take a hot shower and go back to sleep.

10 minutes out of your day will NOT hurt you, so don't use the "I don't have time to exercise excuse" If you can sit on a toilet and take a %+#$ for 10 minutes, you can run for 10 minutes!
On my days off from work and school, I would run for 15 minutes and do my core workouts, and man i'm getting ripped!
I'm missing the point of getting up at 5:30 and then going back to bed - what makes that better than running at 7:30 and then going to work?

I said that's what I do, not what everyone should do. I do that at 5:30am because i'm still tired, so it's easier for me to go back to sleep.
Trust me, I experimented doing it at 6, 7, 8 o'clock but by then my day has started and my body just "wakes" up.

So by waking up at 5 in the morning, get a gooooood stretch and then run. You'll more likely to stay tired (well that is for me). 

That whole article up there about fasting before a certain time then allowing to grub before sleeping actually does work. Luckily for me, my work schedule allows me to work with the 'fasting' routine.

(The point is, OP asked advice, and people have their own ways of losing weight. I had my way of losing weight BUT it doesn't mean it will work for everybody)

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

What's the verdict on juice ya'll? Can I drink a cup of OJ in the morning? or cut any/every juice out completely? 
nerd.gif

drink the juice man. just dont drink a gallon of that $+%$

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I don't really have time to exercise but I am down to change the way I eat. I am 5'9" and I weigh 205lbs and I have a nice size gut. I've put on 8lbs. since July 4th of this year (stupid delicious ribs
mad.gif
). If there are any legit tips and/or websites you guys can direct me to, please share.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah right. That's lack of dedication.
I can do the 10min of running everyday. I thought peeps was going to come in here saying "Exercise 2hrs everyday." I work 68-78hrs. a week so that won't be possible.

And thanks to everyone else giving me tips. I'm going through all this stuff right now because I'll be starting one of these diets come Monday...

Back
Top Bottom