If Jordan Retros are priced at... vol. price hike.

Nope...NEVER!! Only pairs I paid retail for in the last few years were XI's. I wasn't happy about it either.

Nope...NEVER!! Only pairs I paid retail for in the last few years were XI's. I wasn't happy about it either.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if they were top quality materials with nike air i'd pay 250-300 a pop no problem
Damn for real??? $250-300?

I guess on some pairs $225 is justifiable but for the most part $200+ is still a no go for me. Real talk tho, if they re-released some DB3's  for $225 I'd prolly break down and cop. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if they were top quality materials with nike air i'd pay 250-300 a pop no problem
Damn for real??? $250-300?

I guess on some pairs $225 is justifiable but for the most part $200+ is still a no go for me. Real talk tho, if they re-released some DB3's  for $225 I'd prolly break down and cop. 
laugh.gif

If Jordan Brand was to raise the prices on their shoes this would be bad business. First off they would loose all those school kid customers and lower class consumers who can barely afford these shoes anyway.This seems to me that Nike/JB is focusing on getting rid of these resellers.

If Jordan Brand was to raise the prices on their shoes this would be bad business. First off they would loose all those school kid customers and lower class consumers who can barely afford these shoes anyway.This seems to me that Nike/JB is focusing on getting rid of these resellers.

Lol speaking of 225 I payed that much for a pair of grapes the other day .and no will not pay for a pair of js that retail for 225.00 on the rd.

Lol speaking of 225 I payed that much for a pair of grapes the other day .and no will not pay for a pair of js that retail for 225.00 on the rd.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I hope that is the case. I really do. I expect this to happen:
Retro prices: $160

Retro low prices: $125 (ie, low 12, low 11)

Retro 13: $175

Retro 11: $190

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I hope that is the case. I really do. I expect this to happen:
Retro prices: $160

Retro low prices: $125 (ie, low 12, low 11)

Retro 13: $175

Retro 11: $190

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Nope, I don't even pay what they are charging you guys now.

I only buy with a discount, and lately Swoosh hasn't discounted popular Jordan's.

I passed on the III's, bought the XIII's for retail then returned them and had my boy scoop them up with his discount.

Good thing those ugly @%$ VII's that just dropped were discounted,
laugh.gif
  (I passed)
Having a Swoosh account must be nice, I'm trying to track down some family and friends right now or pay some random employee who knows may even try getting a 2nd job at a Nike outlet. Ever since I found out how much the cost on Swoosh I feel like a moron for paying retail
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Nope, I don't even pay what they are charging you guys now.

I only buy with a discount, and lately Swoosh hasn't discounted popular Jordan's.

I passed on the III's, bought the XIII's for retail then returned them and had my boy scoop them up with his discount.

Good thing those ugly @%$ VII's that just dropped were discounted,
laugh.gif
  (I passed)
Having a Swoosh account must be nice, I'm trying to track down some family and friends right now or pay some random employee who knows may even try getting a 2nd job at a Nike outlet. Ever since I found out how much the cost on Swoosh I feel like a moron for paying retail
tired.gif

the day jordan retros hit over $200, i'm out. i don't need them that bad. i got enough at this point to be content. most of the retros i've been picking up are older ones from 2000 to 2003. so jordan brand keep retroing and jacking up the prices, this allows me to get older shoes on the cheap.

the day jordan retros hit over $200, i'm out. i don't need them that bad. i got enough at this point to be content. most of the retros i've been picking up are older ones from 2000 to 2003. so jordan brand keep retroing and jacking up the prices, this allows me to get older shoes on the cheap.

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! and please take down this thread before we give nike any ideas lol....

Back
Top Bottom