If Jordan Retros are priced at... vol. price hike.

See JB & Nike just want to cut in on resellers but are blind to the fact if they do increase their prices sneakerheads wont be able to copp every release. I just cant see me spending 250 plus on kicks ever other week.

See JB & Nike just want to cut in on resellers but are blind to the fact if they do increase their prices sneakerheads wont be able to copp every release. I just cant see me spending 250 plus on kicks ever other week.

yuku
mad.gif

foamposites will now retail for 225

if they do well it can only mean more forced entry in the future

foamposites will now retail for 225

if they do well it can only mean more forced entry in the future

I'd never pay over 200$ for any Jordan no matter what. I love shoes, but no shoe is worth 200$ in my opinion.

If there's a shoe i like that costs 200+ it's an automatic pass until i find a steal on ebay or something.

I know i'm probably somewhat unique in that sense, especially on NT, but when you're not making a lot of money, it's important to

keep your priorities straight.

I'd never pay over 200$ for any Jordan no matter what. I love shoes, but no shoe is worth 200$ in my opinion.

If there's a shoe i like that costs 200+ it's an automatic pass until i find a steal on ebay or something.

I know i'm probably somewhat unique in that sense, especially on NT, but when you're not making a lot of money, it's important to

keep your priorities straight.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

225 is ridiculous with the quality issues that they have. However, the prices keep slowly creeping up (December XI's are already $175), so in about 10-20 years expect "retail" to be 200+, which will force me into retirement.

I feel you there, although I probably wouldn't retire. 

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

225 is ridiculous with the quality issues that they have. However, the prices keep slowly creeping up (December XI's are already $175), so in about 10-20 years expect "retail" to be 200+, which will force me into retirement.

I feel you there, although I probably wouldn't retire. 

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

The reason why Swoosh prices aren't discounted isn't necessarily because of the money making from it.. but rather because they see way too many people abusing the system and using items purchased from the site and going straight to other sites like ebay and shoe sites and reselling them instantly
yeah thats more of what i meant. couple months back when i had a swoosh account i started noticing some of their saturday drops at retail for that simple reason. from what i understand there is a spending limit on swoosh now? should just be one shoe at discount for employees imo.

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

The reason why Swoosh prices aren't discounted isn't necessarily because of the money making from it.. but rather because they see way too many people abusing the system and using items purchased from the site and going straight to other sites like ebay and shoe sites and reselling them instantly
yeah thats more of what i meant. couple months back when i had a swoosh account i started noticing some of their saturday drops at retail for that simple reason. from what i understand there is a spending limit on swoosh now? should just be one shoe at discount for employees imo.

ninjahood wrote:

i rather pay 250-300 a pop for jordans that are TOP NOTCH QUALITY with nike air then da crap we're getting now @ 150...cracking paint...pleather.....ashy larry suede....fake 3m...etc.

shouldn't even be that way.. at 150 we should be getting "top notch quality" #$@ its like buying a new xbox or ps3 every weekend 
laugh.gif

ninjahood wrote:

i rather pay 250-300 a pop for jordans that are TOP NOTCH QUALITY with nike air then da crap we're getting now @ 150...cracking paint...pleather.....ashy larry suede....fake 3m...etc.

shouldn't even be that way.. at 150 we should be getting "top notch quality" #$@ its like buying a new xbox or ps3 every weekend 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom