If Jordan Retros are priced at... vol. price hike.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! and please take down this thread before we give nike any ideas lol....

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

The reason why Swoosh prices aren't discounted isn't necessarily because of the money making from it.. but rather because they see way too many people abusing the system and using items purchased from the site and going straight to other sites like ebay and shoe sites and reselling them instantly

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by bpt1986

anything over 150 retail is absurd

i know what you mean. i remember when i was a kid my moms would trip off buying me shoes at anything over 40-50 bucks
laugh.gif
 times have changed and i dont have ridiculous amounts of money to keep up with new releases. i've learned over the years that with newer retros coming out, people tend to sell their older retros to make room for the new, not realizing they are giving up quality (for most older retros) for these newer up to date shoes they come with. makes it easier to get the shoes i didn't have money for later on. i actually have been finding better deals on stuff from 05 and before because of all the stuff releasing now.
i honestly think the price hikes are because of resellers. why is jordan gonna let people profit off his product 2-5x what they paid? look at the cool grey xi that just came out. jordan upped the price to 175, around 190 tax, and the resale has been horrible for people. i see these being listed for around retail all the time in buy/sell

its kinda obvious why swoosh prices have been retail on some of these hyped up releases. nike is a huge company and knows where they take losses.

so the price hikes have been rape for the consumers and calmed down resellers prices (except on BIN, and releases of that status)

he won 6 rings and dropped thousands of jays so i think he knows a little bit about how to hustle some shoes 
laugh.gif

The reason why Swoosh prices aren't discounted isn't necessarily because of the money making from it.. but rather because they see way too many people abusing the system and using items purchased from the site and going straight to other sites like ebay and shoe sites and reselling them instantly

Originally Posted by harrisit

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! and please take down this thread before we give nike any ideas lol....
So far everyone is saying that they WON'T pay $225 a pair... So maybe we shouldn't take this thread down, just to let Nike/Jordan know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by harrisit

So far everyone is saying that they WON'T pay $225 a pair... So maybe we shouldn't take this thread down, just to let Nike/Jordan know.
laugh.gif

Yes but they won't. It's better for them to stay where they are at and raise prices at a slow rate. Nike and JB are probably more profitable than designer shoes prices (225+), so they won't jump into that level.
I don't agree that they would price themselves out of the market because the original post isn't saying that all JB shoes cost 225.  Those that can't afford it would simply buy the shoes in their price range.  The demographic of people that wear Jordan Retros would change though as one guy suggested.  Then again, I'm shocked at the people who make very little money and still go out and spend a ton of money on new shoes.  

Yes but they won't. It's better for them to stay where they are at and raise prices at a slow rate. Nike and JB are probably more profitable than designer shoes prices (225+), so they won't jump into that level.
I don't agree that they would price themselves out of the market because the original post isn't saying that all JB shoes cost 225.  Those that can't afford it would simply buy the shoes in their price range.  The demographic of people that wear Jordan Retros would change though as one guy suggested.  Then again, I'm shocked at the people who make very little money and still go out and spend a ton of money on new shoes.  

jordans at this point if they wanna contintue to be relavant to da kids that are born in 2000 and up they need to be luxurious and sold in neiman marcus , and saks...that team jordan route has

done nothing but become outlet fodder and diluted da brand.

i rather pay 250-300 a pop for jordans that are TOP NOTCH QUALITY with nike air then da crap we're getting now @ 150...cracking paint...pleather.....ashy larry suede....fake 3m...etc.

jordans at this point if they wanna contintue to be relavant to da kids that are born in 2000 and up they need to be luxurious and sold in neiman marcus , and saks...that team jordan route has

done nothing but become outlet fodder and diluted da brand.

i rather pay 250-300 a pop for jordans that are TOP NOTCH QUALITY with nike air then da crap we're getting now @ 150...cracking paint...pleather.....ashy larry suede....fake 3m...etc.

The question this post suggests makes me feel like JB has moles on niketalk for data & market research purposes. Hmmmmm...lol.

The question this post suggests makes me feel like JB has moles on niketalk for data & market research purposes. Hmmmmm...lol.

$225 retail... man the quality better be better than OG and slow yellowing etc but knowing JB the quality will be crap

$225 retail... man the quality better be better than OG and slow yellowing etc but knowing JB the quality will be crap

its crzy cuz i remember 3s bein $100 flat now their 150 i c shoes bein 225 within next 2yrs

its crzy cuz i remember 3s bein $100 flat now their 150 i c shoes bein 225 within next 2yrs

Well that would seriously reduce how many Jordans I would cop.

Canadian retail is already $210 plus tax so I can't imagine would they would be raised to
30t6p3b.gif

Well that would seriously reduce how many Jordans I would cop.

Canadian retail is already $210 plus tax so I can't imagine would they would be raised to
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This is exactly how I feel.
I would welcome the higher price point if the quality improved

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This is exactly how I feel.
I would welcome the higher price point if the quality improved

225 is ridiculous with the quality issues that they have. However, the prices keep slowly creeping up (December XI's are already $175), so in about 10-20 years expect "retail" to be 200+, which will force me into retirement.

225 is ridiculous with the quality issues that they have. However, the prices keep slowly creeping up (December XI's are already $175), so in about 10-20 years expect "retail" to be 200+, which will force me into retirement.

Back
Top Bottom