If Lebron retired TODAY, would he be a HOFer? What about Wade?

Barring injury, both players will be first ballot guarenteed, but say their career ended TODAY, has each player done enough to get in as of RIGHT NOW?

Lebron's Career Stats:

27.5 ppg 6.9 rpg 6.6 apg

3rd ALL TIME in career ppg

2x All NBA 1st team
2x All NBA 2nd team
Rookie of the Year
5x All Star
2x All Star MVP
Quickest to...pretty much every category

Wade's Career Stats:

24.8 ppg 4.9 rpg 6.6 apg

FINALS MVP
5x All Star
2x All NBA 2nd Team
1x All NBA 3rd Team
1x All Defensive 2nd Team

If we were to ignore the media hype/endorsements/constant sportscenter attention, have these players done enough as of RIGHT NOW to get into the HOF? Is justunder 6 brilliant seasons enough to get in? (in case of Wade, 2 of those were injury plagued).

Discuss.

Wade yes because of his accomplishments, and Lebron no. But both are terrific basketball players so the criteria would probably change if both were to retiretoday.

Dawg.. Their jerseys need to be retired on some Durant status.. as soon as they retire, Hall of fame inducted and jerseys in the raptures.. ASAP

no. lebron hasnt done anything, wade has a better chance since he has a ring and is the finals mvp but i dont think its enough for him to make it

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Dawg.. Their jerseys need to be retired on some Durant status.. as soon as they retire, Hall of fame inducted and jerseys in the raptures.. ASAP
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

seriously?

both Lebron and Wade are beasts but na........

i would say Wade is closer because of the ring and Finals MVP.

No, they haven't done enough. In 5 years then yes if they continue what they are doing this year.

Originally Posted by enrique23

no. lebron hasnt done anything, wade has a better chance since he has a ring and is the finals mvp but i dont think its enough for him to make it

Please dont tell me a ring is what u need to get in?? Barkley, Ewing in Big Shot Bob and John Salley.... not that said.... Bron and D. Wade has to more so noat this time... no chance.....

LeBron hasn't been the QUICKEST to anydamnthing; he has been the YOUNGEST to a ton of things.

'Quickest to' means that a player played less NBA games than anyone else; 'youngest to' simply means he was younger.

But no, for either of 'em.

Like people say about the MLB HOF: it's not the Hall of Very Good. A Finals MVP and 5 All Stars is very good; a ROTY and 5 All Stars is also very good.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

LeBron hasn't been the QUICKEST to anydamnthing; he has been the YOUNGEST to a ton of things.

'Quickest to' means that a player played less NBA games than anyone else; 'youngest to' simply means he was younger.

Like people say about the MLB HOF: it's not the Hall of Very Good. A Finals MVP and 5 All Stars is very good; a ROTY and 5 All Stars is also very good.

you wanna bet? i know he is YOUNGEST to a ton of things but i know for a fact he is fastest to a few things too

The HOF also takes into account your high school and college career.

So LeBron has a good shot of getting in since he was so dominant in high school and has been great as a NBA player.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Of course not, Like SKA said, quickest and youngest are two very different things. I know for a fact LeBron isn't the quickest in manycategories.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by kidoopz

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OMG I'M DYING....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To answer the question...No. If I had to choose right now though, Wade gets in because of his ring.

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by enrique23

Please dont tell me a ring is what u need to get in?? Barkley, Ewing in Big Shot Bob and John Salley.... not that said.... Bron and D. Wade has to more so no at this time... no chance.....
no, but it certainly helps. and so does being the finals mvp
i dont think that they would make it anyways, but wade would be a little closer since he pretty much carried the heat in the finals

Back
Top Bottom