If Lebron retired TODAY, would he be a HOFer? What about Wade?

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Dawg.. Their jerseys need to be retired on some Durant status.. as soon as they retire, Hall of fame inducted and jerseys in the raptures.. ASAP
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OMG I'M DYING....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grant hill's resume within his first six seasons are amazing in itself
rookie - 20, 6, 5
20, 10, 7
21, 9, 7
21, 7, 7
21, 7, 6
26, 6, 5

.. rookie of the year
all nba rookie first team
all nba 2nd team (4 times)
all nba 1st team
all star starter for those 6 seasons
29 (could be more triple doubles)

stats are comparable, but even then i wouldn't throw grant in the HOF only for those 6 seasons..

what a stupid thread

who cares?

Lebron is NOT retiring today, and neither is Wade.

so why waste time thinking about this nonsense?

god i hate these what ifs

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The HOF also takes into account your high school and college career.

So LeBron has a good shot of getting in since he was so dominant in high school and has been great as a NBA player.

I think Lebron would , just because the whole %#*%!$$ NBA rides his !!$@#+% all day .

To everyone that said Lebron's not even close, look at Adrian Dantley (newly enducted HOFer in 2008)

Career Stats: 24.3 ppg 5.7 rpg 3.0 apg

6x All Star
Rookie of the Year
2x All NBA 2nd team

Granted he played 14 years in the L, but Lebron in under 6 years has accomplished more than Dantley has in his entire career.

Lebron's resume now > Dantley's career

No #+!#%$% way. I don't give a damn what kinda bs you show me. In the L for only 5 years nobody is getting in the hall unless they got 5 rings and scored50 ppg every year.

What about David Thompson? (HOF in 1996)

9 Seasons in the league

Career Stats: 22.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.7 apg

5x all star
2x all star game mvp
rookie of the year
2x all nba 1st team

seems like Lebron's career now > Thompson's entire career.

for people making the longevity argument...Lebron will most likely end the season with more career points than Thompson

Originally Posted by jville819

No #+!#%$% way. I don't give a damn what kinda bs you show me. In the L for only 5 years nobody is getting in the hall unless they got 5 rings and scored
50 ppg every year.

so based on that logic...

10 good years > 5 SENSATIONAL years?

what if the player accomplished more in those 5 years than the other player did in their entire career?

To everyone that says Lebron hasn't accomplished anything, his resume looks pretty favorable to quite a few HOFers that are in already. Not many playershave accomplished in their whole careers what Lebron has accomplished already

No & no. Both great players, but they haven't done enough up until this point in their career to get in. They've had some impressive stats &moments in the league, no doubt, but its going to take a lot more to get them in. In due time...

I don't understand how in the HOF thread some of you were saying guys like Chauncey Billups and Mike Bibby and Dikembe and one of you clowns even saidDerek Fisher should get in, but almost no one thinks Bron could retire right now and get in.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

9 Seasons in the league

5x all star
2x all star game mvp
rookie of the year
2x all nba 1st team

for people making the longevity argument...Lebron will most likely end the season with more career points than Thompson
know your history.

David Thompson is one of the greatest college basketball players of all time.
he led NC State to an undefeated season in 1973, and a national championship in 1974.

The Hall of Fame takes achievements from all levels of the game into account, and David Thompson is a legend of NCAA basketball.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

No & no. Both great players, but they haven't done enough up until this point in their career to get in. They've had some impressive stats &
moments in the league, no doubt, but its going to take a lot more to get them in. In due time...

So explain to me what exactly have players like Adrian Dantley and David Thompson done that Lebron hasn't?

Dantley= prolific scorer that never won anything, played a long time. Lebron has more accomplishments in 5 seasons than he did in 14.

Thompson= great college player, a few good years in the league. Lebron will have more career points in 6 seasons than Thompson had in 9. Lebron has alreadysurpassed his other achievements.

So those 2 are in the HOF, but Lebron isn't close?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

PoeticJays wrote:

9 Seasons in the league

5x all star

2x all star game mvp

rookie of the year

2x all nba 1st team

know your history.

David Thompson is one of the greatest college basketball players of all time.

he led NC State to an undefeated season in 1973, and a national championship in 1974.

The Hall of Fame takes achievements from all levels of the game into account, and David Thompson is a legend of NCAA basketball.

so same shoudl apply for Lebron in HS then right?

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

No & no. Both great players, but they haven't done enough up until this point in their career to get in. They've had some impressive stats &
moments in the league, no doubt, but its going to take a lot more to get them in. In due time...

So explain to me what exactly have players like Adrian Dantley and David Thompson done that Lebron hasn't?

Dantley= prolific scorer that never won anything, played a long time. Lebron has more accomplishments in 5 seasons than he did in 14.

Thompson= great college player, a few good years in the league. Lebron will have more career points in 6 seasons than Thompson had in 9. Lebron has already surpassed his other achievements.

wink.gif

this dude is looking for reasons to put duke in the rafters already...sit down and ease up off Brons manberries, fam

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

LeBron hasn't been the QUICKEST to anydamnthing; he has been the YOUNGEST to a ton of things.

'Quickest to' means that a player played less NBA games than anyone else; 'youngest to' simply means he was younger.

But no, for either of 'em.

Like people say about the MLB HOF: it's not the Hall of Very Good. A Finals MVP and 5 All Stars is very good; a ROTY and 5 All Stars is also very good.

grin.gif
Lebron was quickest to most points all time as a cavalier and he did itover 100 games quicker then the guy ahead of him too. Correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

PoeticJays wrote:

AIRJORDAN JB23 wrote:

No & no. Both great players, but they haven't done enough up until this point in their career to get in. They've had some impressive stats
&

Dantley= prolific scorer that never won anything, played a long time. Lebron has more
accomplishments in 5 seasons than he did in 14.

Thompson= great college player, a few good years in the league. Lebron will have more career points in 6 seasons than Thompson had in 9. Lebron has already
surpassed his other achievements.

wink.gif

this dude is looking for reasons to put duke in the rafters already...sit down and ease up off Brons manberries, fam

is that not a valid point?

actually, I think its pretty borderline. I just find it amazing that so many on NT think its not even close, when, if you look at it objectively, Lebron hasdone as much, if not more than some of the previous HOFers, in his limited time in the NBA.

I understand the longevity argument, but I don't agree that someone that was very good for a long time should be inducted in while someone that was GREATfor a shorter amount of time shouldnt.

was dantley ever a top 5 player? even top 10? I know he played in the 80s with the Jordans/Magics/Bird/Kareems...

Originally Posted by xbiker47

LeBron hasn't been the QUICKEST to anydamnthing; he has been the YOUNGEST to a ton of things.

'Quickest to' means that a player played less NBA games than anyone else; 'youngest to' simply means he was younger.

But no, for either of 'em.

Like people say about the MLB HOF: it's not the Hall of Very Good. A Finals MVP and 5 All Stars is very good; a ROTY and 5 All Stars is also very good.

grin.gif
Lebron was quickest to most points all time as a cavalier and he did it over 100 games quicker then the guy ahead of him too. Correct me if im wrong.

That's like having the fastest 40-yard dash time on the set of The Biggest Loser.

so...

6x all star
rookie of the year
2x scoring champ

is great?

that's what dantley has

^^^
laugh.gif
.. wade before lebron.... championship and finals MVP.... not a lot of players can say they have rings... and even more cant say they are finalsMVP....

Back
Top Bottom