If MJ hadnt sat out 2 seasons would the Bulls have won 8 straight titles?

Whenever this debate comes up I wonder if people remember Dream in 94 & 95. Those rockets teams WERE NOT LOSING TO ANYONE. If the knicks, who matched up evenly with the rockets couldn't beat them, a Bulls team with no center or pg is beatin them in 94, and a bulls team with no frontcourt is beating them in 95

Whenever this debate comes up I wonder if people remember Dream in 94 & 95. Those rockets teams WERE NOT LOSING TO ANYONE. If the knicks, who matched up evenly with the rockets couldn't beat them, a Bulls team with no center or pg is beatin them in 94, and a bulls team with no frontcourt is beating them in 95

I wish Magic was able to play in 92, that woulda broke up that 3peat real nice. 
happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)
For those of you unsure what I am saying, Phil won the 91 series when he took Scottie and placed him on Magic.  Brilliant move.  The Lakers had NO other ball handlers to move the ball for them.  The offense was broken at that point and the Bulls simply leaned on us the rest of the series, game over. 

That offseason, we went out and signed Sedale Threat, the starting Point Guard from the Seattle Sonics.  (Who now had one Gary Payton)  Threatt was good enough to play the 6th man roll during the season, but he could have also played the 2 along with Magic if they faced the Bulls again.  Since Magic went down, Sedale went on to lead the Lakers in scoring and assists the next season (basically showing you the kid could play a lil bit, and would have been NICE next to Magic)  He was about 15 and 7 in back to back years before Nick got there. 

LA had been great at coming back the year after losing to win titles.  Lost in 81, came back for the title in 82.  Lost in 84, came back and won in 85.  Got beat in 86, came back and won in 87.  Losing in 91 and then getting the guy that would have fixed the weakness the Bulls exposed was exactly how Jerry West did business.  Everyone was 31 and younger, we would have beaten the Blazers easy that year (we always beat them back then) to earn a rematch with the Bulls. 
tired.gif

(If we're doing what ifs) 

happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)
For those of you unsure what I am saying, Phil won the 91 series when he took Scottie and placed him on Magic.  Brilliant move.  The Lakers had NO other ball handlers to move the ball for them.  The offense was broken at that point and the Bulls simply leaned on us the rest of the series, game over. 

That offseason, we went out and signed Sedale Threat, the starting Point Guard from the Seattle Sonics.  (Who now had one Gary Payton)  Threatt was good enough to play the 6th man roll during the season, but he could have also played the 2 along with Magic if they faced the Bulls again.  Since Magic went down, Sedale went on to lead the Lakers in scoring and assists the next season (basically showing you the kid could play a lil bit, and would have been NICE next to Magic)  He was about 15 and 7 in back to back years before Nick got there. 

LA had been great at coming back the year after losing to win titles.  Lost in 81, came back for the title in 82.  Lost in 84, came back and won in 85.  Got beat in 86, came back and won in 87.  Losing in 91 and then getting the guy that would have fixed the weakness the Bulls exposed was exactly how Jerry West did business.  Everyone was 31 and younger, we would have beaten the Blazers easy that year (we always beat them back then) to earn a rematch with the Bulls. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.
I'm not saying they're chumps, but you also can't ignore the underrated reason why the Rockets won those two titles:

http://freedarko.blogspot...t-white-house-green.html

I love how he just says that 1997 doesn't count. That sure would be convenient, wouldn't it?

The Rockets beat the Sonics in 1997. If it somehow doesn't count because they got Barkley (even though Hakeem was the MVP and best player of that series), then you can write a book about the achievements that don't count for MJ because he had Pippen in all his 6 rings.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.
I'm not saying they're chumps, but you also can't ignore the underrated reason why the Rockets won those two titles:

http://freedarko.blogspot...t-white-house-green.html

I love how he just says that 1997 doesn't count. That sure would be convenient, wouldn't it?

The Rockets beat the Sonics in 1997. If it somehow doesn't count because they got Barkley (even though Hakeem was the MVP and best player of that series), then you can write a book about the achievements that don't count for MJ because he had Pippen in all his 6 rings.

Originally Posted by CP1708

happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)

tired.gif

lol yea right,lakers aint beating the bulls in '92 no matter what.

AND if mj had not put so much spin on that ball at the end of game 1 yall would have got swept in the '91 finals

money would have hit a game winner in his first nba finals game,further boosting his legend
pimp.gif

happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)

tired.gif

AND if mj had not put so much spin on that ball at the end of game 1 yall would have got swept in the '91 finals

money would have hit a game winner in his first nba finals game,further boosting his legend
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)

tired.gif

pimp.gif

and IF james worthy and byron scott don't get hurt early in game 4 when that game was still close  it's a completely different series,  remember the bulls went up in the 2nd quarter in that game and took advantage of worthy and byron scott being injured.

think about it had the bulls lost scottie pippen and horace grant in game 4 of the series how big of an affect do you think it would have on the bulls.

still it's pointless saying what if's over a series that happened almost 20 years ago.  the bulls won,  that's that

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

happy.gif

(Sedale Threat signing 
wink.gif
)

tired.gif

pimp.gif

and IF james worthy and byron scott don't get hurt early in game 4 when that game was still close  it's a completely different series,  remember the bulls went up in the 2nd quarter in that game and took advantage of worthy and byron scott being injured.

think about it had the bulls lost scottie pippen and horace grant in game 4 of the series how big of an affect do you think it would have on the bulls.

still it's pointless saying what if's over a series that happened almost 20 years ago.  the bulls won,  that's that

Jordan was going to miss some of that 99 season even if he played. He cut his finger in a cigar accident. Those Jazz teams took them to the brink at the end. It would have been interesting. I'm still surprised that the Pacers didn't pull it off in 99.

Jordan was going to miss some of that 99 season even if he played. He cut his finger in a cigar accident. Those Jazz teams took them to the brink at the end. It would have been interesting. I'm still surprised that the Pacers didn't pull it off in 99.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

the preseason favorites from 99 both underacheived that year.   lakers and pacers.   i remember hearing how the pacers players practiced on their own during the lockout to stay ready,  and the lakers were favored to go to the finals by a bunch of people before the season and that went bad quick,  del harris was fired after they lost to the grizzlies 12 games in  and they traded eddie jones and elden cambell for glen rice and then there was the rodman disaster.

the other favorites  utah and miami both messed up in the playoffs as well.   portland reaction after beating utah in the 2nd round that year was priceless
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

the preseason favorites from 99 both underacheived that year.   lakers and pacers.   i remember hearing how the pacers players practiced on their own during the lockout to stay ready,  and the lakers were favored to go to the finals by a bunch of people before the season and that went bad quick,  del harris was fired after they lost to the grizzlies 12 games in  and they traded eddie jones and elden cambell for glen rice and then there was the rodman disaster.

the other favorites  utah and miami both messed up in the playoffs as well.   portland reaction after beating utah in the 2nd round that year was priceless
laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
Yet again. 
eyes.gif

What the @#$% does it matter my team?  Like I was alive in the 50's and 60's or care what happened 50 years ago? 
grin.gif

Laker fans speak on the truth is what you should have said. 

I never said it took away from what they did, I said that everything has changed and it wouldn't happen in the current structure. 

First of all you need to step back from your monitor and breathe. I was joking with what I said because of the rivalry that exists between our teams.  I wouldn't expect a non-Lakers fan to say something, but that's just me I guess. People on this site take themselves a little too serious at times. Maybe I should have added an emoticon so you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a wad.

CP1708 wrote:
Yet again. 
eyes.gif

What the @#$% does it matter my team?  Like I was alive in the 50's and 60's or care what happened 50 years ago? 
grin.gif

Laker fans speak on the truth is what you should have said. 

I never said it took away from what they did, I said that everything has changed and it wouldn't happen in the current structure. 

First of all you need to step back from your monitor and breathe. I was joking with what I said because of the rivalry that exists between our teams.  I wouldn't expect a non-Lakers fan to say something, but that's just me I guess. People on this site take themselves a little too serious at times. Maybe I should have added an emoticon so you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a wad.

Back
Top Bottom