If MJ hadnt sat out 2 seasons would the Bulls have won 8 straight titles?

IMO, they could have easily won it 9 straight years.. if they only pay Pip and convince MJ to play one more season for the Bulls,the '99 (lockout?)season..

IMO, they could have easily won it 9 straight years.. if they only pay Pip and convince MJ to play one more season for the Bulls,the '99 (lockout?)season..

all im going to say is this. anyone who thinks the bulls would've won 32 straight playoff series, had their best player give up a chunk of the offseason to play in an olympics and have their second best player give up chunks of 2 offseasons in that same stretch is delusional and doesn't know much about basketball. this isn't the 1960's boston celtics where they only had to play 2 playoff rounds every year

again people disregard that the bulls were challenged the most during the last year of each 3 peat. teams were catching up to them in 93 and in 98. next who knows what changes are made if mike doesn't retire. aside from phil, mike, and scottie the 91-93 teams and 96-98 teams were completely different but still at the end of the day teams were catching up to the bulls at the end of each 3 peat.

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.

i don't wanna take to much from regular season games but the 91-93 bulls went 1-5 against the rockets when they played and jordan even said that they would be in trouble if they were to play houston in the finals. bottom line is houston matched up with them good and would've gave the bulls fits.

all im going to say is this. anyone who thinks the bulls would've won 32 straight playoff series, had their best player give up a chunk of the offseason to play in an olympics and have their second best player give up chunks of 2 offseasons in that same stretch is delusional and doesn't know much about basketball. this isn't the 1960's boston celtics where they only had to play 2 playoff rounds every year

again people disregard that the bulls were challenged the most during the last year of each 3 peat. teams were catching up to them in 93 and in 98. next who knows what changes are made if mike doesn't retire. aside from phil, mike, and scottie the 91-93 teams and 96-98 teams were completely different but still at the end of the day teams were catching up to the bulls at the end of each 3 peat.

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.

i don't wanna take to much from regular season games but the 91-93 bulls went 1-5 against the rockets when they played and jordan even said that they would be in trouble if they were to play houston in the finals. bottom line is houston matched up with them good and would've gave the bulls fits.

if im not mistaken the last time a team 8peated were bill russell's celtics. isnt this the longest streak of championships in history?  that whole team basically consisted of hall of famers. i dont think this feat will ever be matched or broken.

if im not mistaken the last time a team 8peated were bill russell's celtics. isnt this the longest streak of championships in history?  that whole team basically consisted of hall of famers. i dont think this feat will ever be matched or broken.

It's so hard to go either way. I think that the Rockets would have still been in the Finals (obviously) and the Bulls would met them there. It would have been a great series to watch.

It's so hard to go either way. I think that the Rockets would have still been in the Finals (obviously) and the Bulls would met them there. It would have been a great series to watch.

Dream wouldnt let that %+!% happen
pimp.gif

Why would you make this thread?

I believe the Bulls could have won 9 straight titles.

I include '99 because it was the lockout year, 50 game season for the defending champs?

They could have did it if the Bulls org. didn't make everything fall apart.

I include '99 because it was the lockout year, 50 game season for the defending champs?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Man, you can't sit here & make this argument. 
Is it not ironic that they repeated when the Bulls didn't have their star player?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Man, you can't sit here & make this argument. 
Is it not ironic that they repeated when the Bulls didn't have their star player?

I think it's one of those things that's impossible to determine either way. But, 8 or 9 straight playoff runs with the stacked teams that were in the East seems a little farfetched. That's 98 games a year IF you sweep each series in the playoffs. That's not a knock on Jordan or those Bulls teams at all but isn't it possible playoff series with the Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Heat/Hornets/Bucks/Hawks (who were developing decent teams towards the end of the decade) in the EC alone takes their toll on the team. Not to mention going up against the Olajuwon led Rockets back to back Finals and then the Spurs team in 99. That is expecting A LOT from one team to do in 9 straight seasons.

People underestimate Rudy T a little bit as well, he was very good at zoning in on the weakness of a team for a playoff series and exposing that with that extremely deep team in Houston.  As you know, playoffs are the times when coaches should be doing that more than ever.

I think it's one of those things that's impossible to determine either way. But, 8 or 9 straight playoff runs with the stacked teams that were in the East seems a little farfetched. That's 98 games a year IF you sweep each series in the playoffs. That's not a knock on Jordan or those Bulls teams at all but isn't it possible playoff series with the Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Heat/Hornets/Bucks/Hawks (who were developing decent teams towards the end of the decade) in the EC alone takes their toll on the team. Not to mention going up against the Olajuwon led Rockets back to back Finals and then the Spurs team in 99. That is expecting A LOT from one team to do in 9 straight seasons.

People underestimate Rudy T a little bit as well, he was very good at zoning in on the weakness of a team for a playoff series and exposing that with that extremely deep team in Houston.  As you know, playoffs are the times when coaches should be doing that more than ever.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

If you truly believe that, then you are stupid.  No NBA team is ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to win THIRTY SIX consecutive playoff series.  Howard, Blake Griffin, Bron, Wade, and CP3 with 7 all stars on the bench wouldn't win 36 straight playoff series. 

And sorry but
roll.gif
roll.gif
at you thinking the 50 game 9th season would help.  Yeah, sure, after playing an extra 200 or so more games then everbody else in the league, a short season sure would help them. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

If you truly believe that, then you are stupid.  No NBA team is ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to win THIRTY SIX consecutive playoff series.  Howard, Blake Griffin, Bron, Wade, and CP3 with 7 all stars on the bench wouldn't win 36 straight playoff series. 

And sorry but
roll.gif
roll.gif
at you thinking the 50 game 9th season would help.  Yeah, sure, after playing an extra 200 or so more games then everbody else in the league, a short season sure would help them. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

My pops talks about that team quite often and I agree with you that no team will ever match that feat again.

My pops talks about that team quite often and I agree with you that no team will ever match that feat again.

Originally Posted by Down By Law

Because now you have to play more then 1-2 series a season.  That team wouldn't win 32 straight either. 

Back
Top Bottom