If you Fail in America, chances are it was your fault.

People who refuse to accept responsibility for their own success will NEVER succeed.

You can make excuses or make money.

a lot of first/second gen immigrants think this way....there's some truth to it but it's no the whole story

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

Unfortunately, a lot of kids don't have the family structure in place that reinforces how important high school is.
Bingo. Dad's pretty well off but still sent me to a @#^@ high school, and I'm seeing this translate to less opportunities. Unfit parents ftl.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

a lot of first/second gen immigrants think this way....there's some truth to it but it's no the whole story

Why Not?
Who is stopping you from getting money?

Originally Posted by reigndrop

My parents were immigrants.  I grew up with nothing.  Graduated from NU, and I have a great job.

Haters will always love to hate.  The problem with America is nobody wants to work hard anymore, everybody wants to be spoonfed, and when you don't get it, you complain.  Just look at that thread about the guy look for a 9-5 job
laugh.gif
Quit making excuses, it's getting pathetic.

MMM HMM 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 likewise. 

Originally Posted by Hans Landa

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

GTEK wrote:
Now what exactly would you call succeeding in America again?

I wake up when i want to. Nuff' said 
pimp.gif

RetroMan23, great link
laugh.gif
Unemployed people wake up when they want to as well..
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Mad, they are. 

BTW, I do admit my original post was quite arrogant.. So my apologies if I touched a nerve with you (salty) people on here.. I am glad that some people here can agree with me amidst all the hate. 
happy.gif

dneq7o.jpg

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

To "make it" in modern day America or to be "successful" you better be making at least 6 figure....blah blah blah blah blah blah ablah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 My friend, you sound super mad and ignorant in every single one of your posts towards me. Give yourself a backhand to the face for me. Thanks. 

i think he was being sarcastic...even though thats pretty useless on the internet

edit, i didnt realize you changed his post

Sarcasm? For his sake, I hope so.. But, I highly doubt... 
laugh.gif
 My man over here wrote this in pure anguish. 

To "make it" in modern day America or to be "successful" you better be making at least 6 figures....Off the bat, that's an impossibility for everyone because of our current fractional reserve banking system and the modern application of American "free-market" capitalism.

We don't have the psychical, moral, political or economic infrastructure for your fantasy world.

The great plains would have to be turned into Utopian Urban centers, there would have to be some type of barter system re-established and implemented into the formal economy, corporations would have to be totally re-envisioned and restructured, farming subsidies would have to be quadrupled (at least), etc, etc, etc. You ever heard of inflation? Corporate hierarchy? Employment specialization? Urban planning and decay? Seasonal unemployment? Business cycles?...All of those things ensure that there will be always be millions who "aren't successful" at one point or another.

Our economy is powered by the working class, those working check to check just to get by and it will remain that way until the Republic is no more. The United States is engineered for mass mediocrity, manageable failure and a tantalizing portion of excess. Its a testament to the collective state of delusion and ignorance that so many Americans seem to be in...that you to even take yourself seriously and others co-sign your thesis.

Yes America has many great opportunities but it also has many treacherous pitfalls.

And why do y'all act like America is this glimmering paradise surrounded by these savage and barren land masses...there are people in Western Europe that would commit that before being forced to live in the States. There are other nations in this World that are doing pretty good for themselves as well.

I agree with the OP for the most part, but I think there is a cap to how "successful" certain groups of people can be.

I don't really blame america for this, because i understand that we live in a capitalist society where jobs aren't guaranteed. However, I've been steady trying to get ANY job for a year and nothing has came of it. And i'm forced to use illegal means to get money. g'head n shoot me for it. That's the only way for me to make money...

Success is SELF defined...

There's no dollar amount next to it or a Ph.D...

The key to life is happiness... If you aren't happy then it doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, you probabaly won't enjoy life THAT much...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

The key to life is happiness... If you aren't happy then it doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, you probabaly won't enjoy life THAT much...
EXACTLY. I never brought up money or anything related to that in any of my posts, & you see how many people on here tried to get at me with salary figures, what i do for a living, etc? 
grin.gif

A lot of you are missing the point. I'm speaking strictly about this Country and how much good it can POTENTIALLY do you. 

EXACTLY. I never brought up money or anything related to that in any of my posts, & you see how many people on here tried to get at me with salary figures, what i do for a living, etc? 
grin.gif

A lot of you are missing the point. I'm speaking strictly about this Country and how much good it can POTENTIALLY do you. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lies, on [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]page 3[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] page 4 you felt the need to mention how you make 85k a year, then you went and edited your post. Logout.[/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

grin.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lies, on [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]page 3[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] page 4 you felt the need to mention how you make 85k a year, then you went and edited your post. Logout.[/color]
laugh.gif
Lies 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

dude you failed by making this thread. And yes it is indeed your fault

laugh.gif
 ME, FAIL? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 You are clearly missing the point OR is mad because you or your parents fall in the described category. 
laugh.gif
 Fall back. 
MO MATIK.. AGAIN, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WEALTH OR MONEY... BUT I GUESS SO, SINCE YOU GUYS KEEP INSISTING. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

1 in 10 Americans lives below the poverty line.  I refuse to believe that 10% of America did themselves in and consciously made decisions that put them in this position.

Figure_1.gif

Table 1: Distribution of net worth and financial wealth in the United States, 1983-2007
[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""]Total Net Worth[/th][/tr][tr][td]Top 1 percent[/td][td]Next 19 percent[/td][td]Bottom 80 percent[/td][/tr][tr][td]1983[/td][td]33.8%[/td][td]47.5%[/td][td]18.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1989[/td][td]37.4%[/td][td]46.2%[/td][td]16.5%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1992[/td][td]37.2%[/td][td]46.6%[/td][td]16.2%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1995[/td][td]38.5%[/td][td]45.4%[/td][td]16.1%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1998[/td][td]38.1%[/td][td]45.3%[/td][td]16.6%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]33.4%[/td][td]51.0%[/td][td]15.6%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]34.3%[/td][td]50.3%[/td][td]15.3%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]34.6%[/td][td]50.5%[/td][td]15.0%[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""]Financial Wealth[/th][/tr][tr][td]Top 1 percent[/td][td]Next 19 percent[/td][td]Bottom 80 percent[/td][/tr][tr][td]1983[/td][td]42.9%[/td][td]48.4%[/td][td]8.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1989[/td][td]46.9%[/td][td]46.5%[/td][td]6.6%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1992[/td][td]45.6%[/td][td]46.7%[/td][td]7.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1995[/td][td]47.2%[/td][td]45.9%[/td][td]7.0%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1998[/td][td]47.3%[/td][td]43.6%[/td][td]9.1%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]39.7%[/td][td]51.5%[/td][td]8.7%[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]42.2%[/td][td]50.3%[/td][td]7.5%
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

To "make it" in modern day America or to be "successful" you better be making at least 6 figure....blah blah blah blah blah blah ablah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 My friend, you sound super mad and ignorant in every single one of your posts towards me. Give yourself a backhand to the face for me. Thanks. 
laugh.gif
Dude is contemplating between a.... CLS or 6 Series?  Do you really think he understands the premise of your post?

Sounds like the stereotypical immigrant perspective on America. And I come from an immigrant family. You fail to realize the conditioning of American society in capitalism. You fail to realize the difference between American education system and education in other countries. 3rd world education is far more superior than American education.

Basically, you've got someone who was raised inside of a box (American) and someone who was raised outside the box (foreigner). You come inside the box, and criticize someone for not being able to understand concepts outside of the box. Your like an alcoholic father yelling at a baby for not being able to clean the kitchen.

indifferent.gif
 I hear a lot of kids (I use that term loosely) complaining about joblessness, Uncle Sam taking their money, healthcare being better in Canada, conspiracy theories, blah blah blah.. 
Blame all your shortcomings on the nation eh? 
grin.gif
 This is getting real old.. USA IS THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY.. Coming from a 3rd world country, I strongly attest to this. A Lot of you are acting like spoiled kids. GROW up & hustle, work hard, strive. 

& NO, I am not mad.. I'm actually 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
i somewhat agree.

However, think about a person born into a poor family who happens to be zoned for the worst junior high/ high school in his city. Think about him trying to be a good kid but everyone keeps jumping him after school. Think about him having to join a gang in order to stop it and then ending up in jail. Decent careers are pretty much impossible after jail time.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Son braggin about making 85k
laugh.gif

When was this? 
nerd.gif

& yea, if I was, I guess you could say "I thought I was doin' it" since you need to be making over 6 figures to be considered successful nowadays. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom