If You Had a Child, What Would You Name Him/Her?

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

It might be a girl thing, or amazing planning in advance, but I have to have names that I can shorten down to nicknames...
I always liked that too.

My brothers and I all have J names, so part of me wants to continue that trend, but I don't plan on making it a huge deal, but if I did then I'd probably choose Jackson.  Can be shortened to Jack or Jackie which I like.

I kind of want to name him after my dad, Walter, but it's definitely an old fashioned name.
Nice. Jackson is
pimp.gif
my friend has that as what she wants to call her son, but is thinking about spelling it Jaxon instead of the traditional way.

On a side note, I'll be damned if I can't call my daughter Raphael. Don't care if it's traditionally a boys name. Saw it on a movie and I've been in love with the idea ever since
laugh.gif

i knew two girls in college named Raphael (Raph for short), so it's definitely not exclusively a boy's name anymore.

i too have decided to name my kids things i can shorten.  i also kind of want to give all my daughters unisex names (and then make them play soccer)...

Sam (Samantha)
Chris (Christina)
Mikey (Mik(ch)aela)
Alex (Alexandra cuz my middle name is Alexander)
Stevie (Stephanie)
Charlie (Charlotte)
Rex (Rebecca)

etc

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I wouldn't name my son after me. Why? Because it is way too common for father/son duos to get their credit reports screwed up. My father's credit history was mixed into my credit report and has constantly resurfaced. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Save the heartache.
Yup.

Happened to me. We have same 1st and last names, but different middle and it still got mixed up...

I kept getting denied for everything, so I finally looked up my credit and seen bankruptcy. Took me almost a year to get it off and amazingly, after it got deleted, my score went down!!! Then, my parents went to get a new car and when the car place seen my moms had bankruptcy on her report, but my dad didn't they denied them and said they would have to get it fixed....Took him like 6 months to get it fixed...

I was talking to a lady about it one day and she said her 16 y/o son had better credit than her due to his dad's good credit going onto his report!

I'm going to pull a George Foreman:

George Jr.
George III
George IV
George V
George VI
Georgetta

I'm not giving out my baby names.
laugh.gif
People like to steal names and I don't want my kids to have the same name as everyone else in their class.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

laugh.gif
People like to steal names and I don't want my kids to have the same name as everyone else in their class.

Are you serious woman? The hell is wrong with you. Hope you don't give your child a stupid black name either with the hopes that it is unique.

Trust, ANY name you "come up with" isn't exclusive. Go somewhere

Are you serious woman? The hell is wrong with you. Hope you don't give your child a stupid black name either with the hopes that it is unique.

Trust, ANY name you "come up with" isn't exclusive. Go somewhere

First I'm not black so I don't know why I would give my child a black name. Second I wasn't talking about making up a name, I meant having a name that isn't common.

So YOU can go somewhere.

laugh.gif

As long as you don't think any of the following names are unique:

Jayden
Jade
Jada
Ethan
Aiden
Madison

...No offense to anyone, but those are some of the more common names of the last 5-10 years.

^ Nope those names are over used. I have some nice & pretty & not so common names that I have in mind.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by Diego

I dont know why, but I always thought you were black.

What are you?
grin.gif
She has said before she isn't black.
Well OBVIOUSLY we didnt see where she said that before. I always thought she was. I mean the name sounds like it is of a black girl

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Megatron
Never gonna happen.

If we have a girl, her name will be Abby.

If we have a boy his name will be Kelen.

End of story.

And what if the father of this child isn't a sucka and won't LET you name the kids what you want to name them.
laugh.gif

Let me guess, since you carried the child for 9 months he has no say right.
ohwell.gif

I have a boy due on March 19th...his name is Jordan Francis ( both my grandfathers names were Frank ).

Back
Top Bottom