If you had to choose... HTC EVO, Samsung Epic or Apple iPhone 4?

I have the moment right now & considering coppin the epic. What really makes the evo >> the epic since some of yall are so adamant about the evo

samsung has a tendency to abandon their phones so they won't get firmware updates.  HTC's hardware is usually pretty top notch.  the evo has the old snapdragon so it's not the fastest thing out but i'd still go with that in a second over a samsung.

oh yea, posted from a tethered macbook on a STOCK htc mytouch 4g for the iphone fan boys.

samsung has a tendency to abandon their phones so they won't get firmware updates.  HTC's hardware is usually pretty top notch.  the evo has the old snapdragon so it's not the fastest thing out but i'd still go with that in a second over a samsung.

oh yea, posted from a tethered macbook on a STOCK htc mytouch 4g for the iphone fan boys.

Originally Posted by illniche22

evo completely sucks ..ive had iphone for years and decided to switch ..bad decision!

evo has flash ok..but its completely useless unless you have REAL 4g speed iphones 3g literally takes a dump on evos 4g

evo can be mounted as a disk drive...only positive besides a lot of things are customizable

Mp3 Players SUCKS

oh and check this out evo uses so much stuff that you are unaware of that it kills the battery so it is impossible to be without a charger for more than a few hours
I own both (cancel my iPhone contract though), and it's not contest, Evo is a better all around phone AND Android is a better OS. 

Originally Posted by illniche22

evo completely sucks ..ive had iphone for years and decided to switch ..bad decision!

evo has flash ok..but its completely useless unless you have REAL 4g speed iphones 3g literally takes a dump on evos 4g

evo can be mounted as a disk drive...only positive besides a lot of things are customizable

Mp3 Players SUCKS

oh and check this out evo uses so much stuff that you are unaware of that it kills the battery so it is impossible to be without a charger for more than a few hours
I own both (cancel my iPhone contract though), and it's not contest, Evo is a better all around phone AND Android is a better OS. 

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I got nothing bad to say about either phone, but c'mon man...customizable ringtones and live wallpapers? Does anyone really care about that kinda stuff anymore?

Video conference calling over wifi or 3G is whatever. Had EVO used Qik once, Have i4, used Facetime twice...it's cool to say you have it, but I could care less in the grand scheme of things.

Carry on though...

laugh.gif
 only children do...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I got nothing bad to say about either phone, but c'mon man...customizable ringtones and live wallpapers? Does anyone really care about that kinda stuff anymore?

Video conference calling over wifi or 3G is whatever. Had EVO used Qik once, Have i4, used Facetime twice...it's cool to say you have it, but I could care less in the grand scheme of things.

Carry on though...

laugh.gif
 only children do...

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

Originally Posted by quiickz

Why does the Epic keep coming up in discussions? It's not even the best out of the Samsung smartphones, Vibrant > *.

how is the vibrant better when it lacks a physical keyboard? they all have the same specs & screen
And Epic has a Front facing camera, and the back cam has flash.
Epic and Evo, to me it was a Toss up, I had the choice of either one...I got Epic because it was newer and the screen is beautiful, but I'd be lying if I didnt say sometimes I regret it. The battery life and NO FLASH on the web kills me.

Vibrant in the US doesn't have a frontfacing camera? I know the Canadian version is a different model.

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

Originally Posted by quiickz

Why does the Epic keep coming up in discussions? It's not even the best out of the Samsung smartphones, Vibrant > *.

how is the vibrant better when it lacks a physical keyboard? they all have the same specs & screen
And Epic has a Front facing camera, and the back cam has flash.
Epic and Evo, to me it was a Toss up, I had the choice of either one...I got Epic because it was newer and the screen is beautiful, but I'd be lying if I didnt say sometimes I regret it. The battery life and NO FLASH on the web kills me.

Vibrant in the US doesn't have a frontfacing camera? I know the Canadian version is a different model.

iPhone 4, I am well invested via apps and centering my world around the functionality it presents. Plus in my eyes it is a better device.

iPhone 4, I am well invested via apps and centering my world around the functionality it presents. Plus in my eyes it is a better device.

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Originally Posted by Zero 0123
Weak argument. 
Anyway, the same way you jailbreak an iPhone.....you have to root android. What is the difference? 

The following SHOULD close this thread immediately:

iPhone Stock VS Android Stock = Android Wins

Jailbroken iPhone VS Rooted Android = iPhone Wins

The things a JB iPhone can do is 
pimp.gif

what can a jailbroken iphone do that an android phone cant?????

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Originally Posted by Zero 0123
Weak argument. 
Anyway, the same way you jailbreak an iPhone.....you have to root android. What is the difference? 

The following SHOULD close this thread immediately:

iPhone Stock VS Android Stock = Android Wins

Jailbroken iPhone VS Rooted Android = iPhone Wins

The things a JB iPhone can do is 
pimp.gif

what can a jailbroken iphone do that an android phone cant?????

Originally Posted by ninjahood

U gotta jailbreak a iphone just to do what a stock Android

Can do though
laugh.gif

Weak %%+ phone...

Yeah because I really want a video wall paper. You could root your android and it still won't run iPhone apps. Your app game is weak why you think everyone is switching to ipads and not android tablets? Even chase is giving their employee ipads. What exactly is the ipads killer app?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

U gotta jailbreak a iphone just to do what a stock Android

Can do though
laugh.gif

Weak %%+ phone...

Yeah because I really want a video wall paper. You could root your android and it still won't run iPhone apps. Your app game is weak why you think everyone is switching to ipads and not android tablets? Even chase is giving their employee ipads. What exactly is the ipads killer app?

Anyone know of a cement case to protect for the EVO, just like the iPhone?

Anyone know of a cement case to protect for the EVO, just like the iPhone?

I've owned WinMo, WebOS, Android, iOS, and Blackberry so I'm sure my opinion stands for something. The BEST mobile OS hands down is WebOS. The second best is Android. A stock Android pretty much does what a Jailbroken iOS does. HTC Sense on the EVO is on the same level of iPhones ease of use. My 40 year old plus aunt that doesn't speak English very well has an EVO and has no problem using it. So every ones argument about Android not being easy to used is void.

The only thing Apple wins is there support team, and the integration between the hardware and software.

iPhone owners how many steps does it take you to disable data ?
EVO owners how many steps does it take you to disable date? That's right one, widgets > apps.
BTW I'm a MAC user.

I've owned WinMo, WebOS, Android, iOS, and Blackberry so I'm sure my opinion stands for something. The BEST mobile OS hands down is WebOS. The second best is Android. A stock Android pretty much does what a Jailbroken iOS does. HTC Sense on the EVO is on the same level of iPhones ease of use. My 40 year old plus aunt that doesn't speak English very well has an EVO and has no problem using it. So every ones argument about Android not being easy to used is void.

The only thing Apple wins is there support team, and the integration between the hardware and software.

iPhone owners how many steps does it take you to disable data ?
EVO owners how many steps does it take you to disable date? That's right one, widgets > apps.
BTW I'm a MAC user.

After a day or so with the EVO I ended up returning it and goin back to the iPhone 4. Loved the size of the screen as well as the OS on the EVO, but as stated the battery life is awful to put it nicely. I'm sure this will be remedied in due time, but I need a device that will at least get me through the day before needing a charge and I couldn't get that from the EVO. That along with the fact that Sprint was not that good in my area made it pretty simple to return the device.

After a day or so with the EVO I ended up returning it and goin back to the iPhone 4. Loved the size of the screen as well as the OS on the EVO, but as stated the battery life is awful to put it nicely. I'm sure this will be remedied in due time, but I need a device that will at least get me through the day before needing a charge and I couldn't get that from the EVO. That along with the fact that Sprint was not that good in my area made it pretty simple to return the device.

Back
Top Bottom