If you had to choose... HTC EVO, Samsung Epic or Apple iPhone 4?

iPhone 4 for me.

But I'm not into modding my phone. Don't have time to do that.

Seems like if you are willing to invest time into outfitting your phone, the Evo is the best choice.

iPhone 4 for me.

But I'm not into modding my phone. Don't have time to do that.

Seems like if you are willing to invest time into outfitting your phone, the Evo is the best choice.

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Funny thread considering I just sold my iPhone and bounced over to Sprint and copped an EVO yesterday.  The battery llife on the EVO can be decent with some adjustments like I have done.  It's not really about the phones moreso than it is about the service.  AT&T charges premium prices for half +$* service 
tired.gif
  Apple provides the features THEY deem necessary for the iPhone and anything else you want for it well you have to jailbreak the phone to do it.  I'm good with my EVO and paying half the cost of AT&T.  

Turn off 4g...3g.....locations.....brightness all the way down......bluetooth off.......keep nothing running in the background......always travel with a spare battery.....when phone is not in use....turn it off 
roll.gif

Apple's ONLY competition is...............Apple
laugh.gif
W
When you can actually do EVERYTHING with the iPhone WITHOUT jailbreaking for the simplest things such as custom SMS ringtones then let me know
laugh.gif

Funny thread considering I just sold my iPhone and bounced over to Sprint and copped an EVO yesterday.  The battery llife on the EVO can be decent with some adjustments like I have done.  It's not really about the phones moreso than it is about the service.  AT&T charges premium prices for half +$* service 
tired.gif
  Apple provides the features THEY deem necessary for the iPhone and anything else you want for it well you have to jailbreak the phone to do it.  I'm good with my EVO and paying half the cost of AT&T.  

Turn off 4g...3g.....locations.....brightness all the way down......bluetooth off.......keep nothing running in the background......always travel with a spare battery.....when phone is not in use....turn it off 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
W
When you can actually do EVERYTHING with the iPhone WITHOUT jailbreaking for the simplest things such as custom SMS ringtones then let me know
laugh.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
W
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they had to get to 4.0 before they could change their wallpaper

tired.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
W
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they had to get to 4.0 before they could change their wallpaper

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im sorry but when apple STILL makes a 3.5 screen and you got SUV like phones wit 4.3 inch screen WITH SUPERAMOLED comin for 2011

i dunno how anyone can stick with it, especially when you can't even put what you want on your phone until you basically void your warranty.
laugh.gif

and next year da horsepower of phones is gonna leap frog.... iphone is already lacking in that department since they can't even multitask....
Ninja, I'm not sure what all you're using your phone to do but MOST people I know are just using theirs for basic functions: Calls, texts, pics, light web browsing, Facebook/Twitter and maybe occasional GPS. You don't need a 9.8 GHZ phone w/ a 10 megapixel camera to do that. I've had the best of both worlds and trying to argue what phone is best is really so redundant to me now. Go with the best carrier for your area, then decide what phone you want. I gotta hook up with ATT so my bill is just around $70, but even with it being so cheap I'm thinking about leaving this crappy network. It worked fine when I bought the phone but since I moved to a new city the network is really spotty where I'm at now
grin.gif

Had the EVO when it came out, loved the size of the phone for watching movies/Youtube but hated the size for texting and making phone calls. Hated paying an extra $10 for 4G that I didn't use, and when I did use it I couldn't really say that it was all that much faster than 3G. The real advantage of it is the hotspot, which I never really used. With insurance my bill was close to $100, so I was always on the lookout for something cheaper.

I did a jailbreak on my phone once, but didn't see the point. Not into all the flashy homescreens and pretty fonts. I just wanted something that was nice and clean and stock is good enough for me.

/end rant.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im sorry but when apple STILL makes a 3.5 screen and you got SUV like phones wit 4.3 inch screen WITH SUPERAMOLED comin for 2011

i dunno how anyone can stick with it, especially when you can't even put what you want on your phone until you basically void your warranty.
laugh.gif

and next year da horsepower of phones is gonna leap frog.... iphone is already lacking in that department since they can't even multitask....
Ninja, I'm not sure what all you're using your phone to do but MOST people I know are just using theirs for basic functions: Calls, texts, pics, light web browsing, Facebook/Twitter and maybe occasional GPS. You don't need a 9.8 GHZ phone w/ a 10 megapixel camera to do that. I've had the best of both worlds and trying to argue what phone is best is really so redundant to me now. Go with the best carrier for your area, then decide what phone you want. I gotta hook up with ATT so my bill is just around $70, but even with it being so cheap I'm thinking about leaving this crappy network. It worked fine when I bought the phone but since I moved to a new city the network is really spotty where I'm at now
grin.gif

Had the EVO when it came out, loved the size of the phone for watching movies/Youtube but hated the size for texting and making phone calls. Hated paying an extra $10 for 4G that I didn't use, and when I did use it I couldn't really say that it was all that much faster than 3G. The real advantage of it is the hotspot, which I never really used. With insurance my bill was close to $100, so I was always on the lookout for something cheaper.

I did a jailbreak on my phone once, but didn't see the point. Not into all the flashy homescreens and pretty fonts. I just wanted something that was nice and clean and stock is good enough for me.

/end rant.
laugh.gif

iphone 4 in my area since AT&T beats the dog %#*! out of all 3 other carriers here in terms of speed/coverage.

Battery life is higher on my list than 'infinite customizations'. Call me insane but I like using my phone.

I've seen both my brother and a friend literally tethered to a charger after a few hours when they had the EVO/Captivate. I can go a good day in a half/two days before thinking of charging my iphone.

Oh yeah, and the 960x640 display is awesome. 3.5" is still 3.5" even if a 5" screen is around. It was more than enough before. Unless your hands swelled up it's still perfect now.

iphone 4 in my area since AT&T beats the dog %#*! out of all 3 other carriers here in terms of speed/coverage.

Battery life is higher on my list than 'infinite customizations'. Call me insane but I like using my phone.

I've seen both my brother and a friend literally tethered to a charger after a few hours when they had the EVO/Captivate. I can go a good day in a half/two days before thinking of charging my iphone.

Oh yeah, and the 960x640 display is awesome. 3.5" is still 3.5" even if a 5" screen is around. It was more than enough before. Unless your hands swelled up it's still perfect now.

iPhone 4 for many reasons.

When an firmware update comes out for iOS most devices get it. Unlike Android where 50% of the devices are running one version where the other 50% are running another version. Wait till Android 3.0 comes out even more dismay. With apple you will know you will get your ios update every year for atleast 3 years.

Similar Hardware. With the iPhone all developers know what the iphone hardware is and what is and what it is capable for. The hardware will be the same for a year. Android on the other hand a new "iphone killer" comes out every 3 months. And for the person who does upgrade there phone every 6 months your phone will be outdated faster. Check what the developer of Angry Birds said about certain android phones needing special "lite" versions of the game to run smoothly on android. On iPhone you wont experience that.

App store > Android marketplace/trash can. Look at all the innovative apps that have came out on iOS there are full music production apps, guitar tunars, auto tune, games (Have you guys seen Rage HD?), slingbox, netflix, hulu is coming soon, comcast has just came out with a DVR app so you can control your DVR with your iphone. With the iPhone you already know whos supporting it with Android who is even make android apps? your everyday nerd on XDA? I'll pass

Piece of Mind. You dont ever have to worry about flashing your rom, doing battery tweaks, or any other risky things that could potentially brick your phone with iOS. Out of the box it runs the way it needs. All that rom flashing crap is BS. That is something that has been carried over since Windows Mobile which needs to be dead. Google and HTC need to work on improving the OS for devices or else it will just have the Windows effect that many PC users are facing.

/thread

edit: And to all you android nerds who think you are computer savy because your you flash your evo with some cooked up bs from XDA you dont know $*+! and you probably couldnt last a minute on a real open source os

iPhone 4 for many reasons.

When an firmware update comes out for iOS most devices get it. Unlike Android where 50% of the devices are running one version where the other 50% are running another version. Wait till Android 3.0 comes out even more dismay. With apple you will know you will get your ios update every year for atleast 3 years.

Similar Hardware. With the iPhone all developers know what the iphone hardware is and what is and what it is capable for. The hardware will be the same for a year. Android on the other hand a new "iphone killer" comes out every 3 months. And for the person who does upgrade there phone every 6 months your phone will be outdated faster. Check what the developer of Angry Birds said about certain android phones needing special "lite" versions of the game to run smoothly on android. On iPhone you wont experience that.

App store > Android marketplace/trash can. Look at all the innovative apps that have came out on iOS there are full music production apps, guitar tunars, auto tune, games (Have you guys seen Rage HD?), slingbox, netflix, hulu is coming soon, comcast has just came out with a DVR app so you can control your DVR with your iphone. With the iPhone you already know whos supporting it with Android who is even make android apps? your everyday nerd on XDA? I'll pass

Piece of Mind. You dont ever have to worry about flashing your rom, doing battery tweaks, or any other risky things that could potentially brick your phone with iOS. Out of the box it runs the way it needs. All that rom flashing crap is BS. That is something that has been carried over since Windows Mobile which needs to be dead. Google and HTC need to work on improving the OS for devices or else it will just have the Windows effect that many PC users are facing.

/thread

edit: And to all you android nerds who think you are computer savy because your you flash your evo with some cooked up bs from XDA you dont know $*+! and you probably couldnt last a minute on a real open source os

Back
Top Bottom