if you hate a team/player, how strong is it?

I didn't read the OP, but if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.

It's just so much funner when Michael says "Toby", absolute gem early in the show

That's in my top 3 Michael/Toby moments. The other two are the "why are you the way you are" and the time when the other branches are calling Scranton lame and Toby walks in wearing a bow tie.

Jeff George - 100

Dude goes to my church.

I hate A-Rod almost as much as The Iron Sheik does.

Dwyane Wade is at about 80.

Christian Laettner is only about a 5 now.

That's in my top 3 Michael/Toby moments. The other two are the "why are you the way you are" and the time when the other branches are calling Scranton lame and Toby walks in wearing a bow tie..

:lol:

Yep

I need to think of who I hate. Usually my disdain is for individual fans and not necessarily the team/athlete themselves

I wont say I hate fanbases, but bandwagon fans/fans who clearly dont know the sport, rustle my jimmies to no end.

Honorable mention goes to Tobys Return. He was too upset

Hating a professional sports team is stupid but hating one of your alma maters rivals is ok
What is the difference between hating a pro sports team and hating a school team because you went to another school that makes hating the pro team stupid? 

If anything hating the pro sports team is more geniune because you developed that hate on your own; they did something to make you hate them instead of just hating a school because they say you should cause you go to the other school. IDK though, the college I went to is not an extension of me as a person but to a lot of people it is. I never got it.

Last edited:
Hating a professional sports team is stupid but hating one of your alma maters rivals is ok
What is the difference between hating a pro sports team and hating a school team because you went to another school that makes hating the pro team stupid? 

If anything hating the pro sports team is more geniune because you developed that hate on your own; they did something to make you hate them instead of just hating a school because they say you should cause you go to the other school. IDK though, the college I went to is not an extension of me as a person but to a lot of people it is. I never got it.

College is where most of us grew up and learned about ourselves. Although you may not always indentify with it. You were apart of the university at one time.

Most people on this forum were never a member of a professional sports organization and if you were you'd probably identify with the team even less than the average fan

Fair enough. I know I'm on the left side of the fence with this one, most people would agree with you.

You changed your avi and I didnt know who I was talking too for a second.
laugh.gif

Fair enough. I know I'm on the left side of the fence with this one, most people would agree with you.

You changed your avi and I didnt know who I was talking too for a second.:lol:

:lol:

Yeah I was messing around...I want a new avy but I haven't decided what I want yet

My hate for the Patriots is strong enough to crush diamonds.

This. Although Brady is my Fantasy league QB (I'm not THAT stupid :lol:)

I really dislike the Knicks, on your scale I'd say it's about a 70 or so. I try to give them credit, but in the end, I know they'll end up doing nothing, and I'm including the present roster. OP, I too share your dislike for JR Smith (soon Knicks fans....soon). In my case, it's more like a Knick fan scorned. Been too close before and got jerked as a fan. I gave up in the mid 90's and never looked back :smh: . But thinking about this, it's more of a dislike of other fans of a particular team. Players don't walk around barking at you all the time. Other fans of teams are the real issue. They don't know when to shut up. Like the aforementioned (and delusional) Knicks fans, Giants fans, Yankee fans, Pats fans, Laker fans. It's usually the younger ones that are fans of winning and not the team per se.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say I hate Brady.
But I do hate that people don't tell the truth about dude just because he has those rings.

He deserves credit for them championships. But I don't think he deserve as much credit as people like to give him. That's all I will say.

I can't lie... when they first came together my hate for LeBron and the Heat was a 100.

it has definitely died down since, though.

2003 Dwyane Wade - 1
2004 Dwyane Wade - 1
2005 Dwyane Wade - 5
2006 Dwyane Wade - 15
2007 Dwyane Wade - 30
2008 Dwyane Wade - 45
2009 Dwyane Wade - 60
2010 Dwyane Wade - 80
2011 Dwyane Wade - 95
2012 Dwyane Wade - 100
2013 Dwyane Wade - 1000

i used to hate on a few basketball players but then i realized that i'm missing out and those feelings were depriving me of enjoying some really good basketball .

its just not worth hating/disliking a player/person i dont even know. i got over that negativeness.

Well said

Used to HATE Lebron cause, even though I didn't know him personally, I gathered enough to know he was a ****.

But it really deprived me of watching him play. I think he toned down his ****-ish stuff this year (and also my former greatest fear, him winning a championship, happened and passed), so I've been able to see him do some impressive stuff without my bias against him.

D Wade and Paul Pierce are the only 2 players in any sport that I can say I genuinely HATE. Arod is a douche. But I cant hate him anymore. He actually hurts the Yankees more than he helps them now.

Words don't exist to express how much I hate the Lakers.

I thought I would get over it after we swept them and finally won a championship but naw its just as bad as it ever was.

I hated Lebron and the Heat but after 2011 I find myself rooting for them.

I hate Duke, the Yankees, and I really don't hate any NFL teams or college footballs teams outside of Houston.

I used to hate Texas A&M but their fans are too damn nice to dislike but plus I like they hired Sumlin when I never thought he would get a job at a place like that.

I still hate Kobe Bryant but not as much as I used to, I respect the fact that he's still grinding at his age.

I hate D. Wade's flopping *** still.

If I saw Titus Young on the street I'd sucker punch him dead serious.

Last edited:
No real hate towards any player or team but I got a few teams I highly dislike.

Dallas cowboys
New England patriots
Boston celtics
Boston Red Sox
Oakland raiders

Fanbases I can't stand.

I'm a laker fan but I can't stand most laker fans, especially the ones that were born in the 80's or earlier but can't name Eddie jones, nick van exel, elden Campbell etc. their fan card should be revoked because chances are they liked another team in the 90's and only started liking the lakers in 2000.

Aside from that I can't stand the idiots at doyer stadium that give the rest of that fanbase a bad name.

Individual player Stans are annoying, Kobe stans, Lebron stans. Pretty much people that d ride an individual player but aren't a fan of a specific team.

Aside from that I would like to force all Boston fans to have to watch XFL games and home shopping network marathons all day long.

Lakers - 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Back
Top Bottom