If you lead a negative life, you will be reincarnated as a GameStop employee.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

roll.gif
 @ the thread title.
But in all seriousness, you should know what you are getting into when you decide to trade to GameStop. The pre-owned games is their money maker. I traded all of my PS2 $#%^ in to them simply because I was too lazy to setup an auction or try to sell everything myself. I paid the price for convenience, but at the end of the day, I got rid of useless clutter and I was able to buy a couple of PS3 games in the process. I could be wrong, but I think you get more for trade-in's if you opt for store credit rather than cash (not much more, but still). At the end of the day, don't go there for trade-in's unless you absolutely have no other choice or are lazy like me and don't really care what you get back. Other than that though, their games are retail price so I don't really see any other complaint about the place.
why do ppl say this?
grin.gif

At the end of the day, it's just one of those habits 
grin.gif

Almost every GameStop I've ever been to had some chill people there. I know the employees get next to nothin (my friend worked there) but maybe its just the ones you've been to

Once, i picked up a game book, you know that guide ones, and the employer said "This isn't a library, put that back".
alien.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Some employee's are cool, but I've been to alot of Gamestop's and there really are alot of "high nosed nerds" that work there
The manager at my local shop is like that.

Everyone else is cool though.

roll.gif
 @ the thread title.
But in all seriousness, you should know what you are getting into when you decide to trade to GameStop. The pre-owned games is their money maker. I traded all of my PS2 $#%^ in to them simply because I was too lazy to setup an auction or try to sell everything myself. I paid the price for convenience, but at the end of the day, I got rid of useless clutter and I was able to buy a couple of PS3 games in the process. I could be wrong, but I think you get more for trade-in's if you opt for store credit rather than cash (not much more, but still). At the end of the day, don't go there for trade-in's unless you absolutely have no other choice or are lazy like me and don't really care what you get back. Other than that though, their games are retail price so I don't really see any other complaint about the place.
why do ppl say this?
grin.gif

grin.gif
At the End of the day, and according to the Canadian Wall Street Journal...

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Some employee's are cool, but I've been to a lot of Gamestop's and there really are a lot of "high nosed nerds" that work there
I wish a nerd would haha! But they charge mad money for Pokemon games, I can't ^&%^ with that.

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Once, i picked up a game book, you know that guide ones, and the employer said "This isn't a library, put that back".
alien.gif
laugh.gif
I did that once. I read the GTA III strategy guide for a couple missions. You gotta do it when it is pretty busy to get away with it.
pimp.gif

Wouldn't they be reincarnated as you?  You're the one losing while they're doing what they do.

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

In HS I wanted to work there, applied and all..

Cats looked at me weird as hell, on some "as soon as you walk out, im throwing this in the garbage" looks

thats how they be doing me at footlocker when i try to apply...smh

Originally Posted by jthagreat

roll.gif
 @ the thread title.
why do ppl say this?
grin.gif

grin.gif

roll.gif
killa!

Gamestop reminds me of University Bookstores...You pay crazy prices only to get ripped off when trading/ buyback the item in the end.

Most Gamestop employees are a bunch of nerds that won "Most Intelligent" or "Most Likely to Succeed" Award in H.S. and now lack the common sense of a slacked-jawed yokel hick that #INS ever.

some of those dudes are stupid
just treat them like crap next time if it makes you feel better

when i bought ninja gaiden black for xbox about 5 years ago,
the dude ringing me up elbows his buddy and they say something
so i say "what is it?"
and they start laughing at me and telling me i will never get past chapter 2
or something because it is so hard
they are just plain stupid because i was the master on og nintendo
and ended up with over 24mil karma on mn (i bet a only a few cats in the world could
outdo me on this series of games)

i wanted to strangle those dudes
they'd rather be blissfully ignorant than try and fail at things, you know the word...

Hate 90% of these dudes. Most of them are just fanboys and have no idea about the !+*% they sell. I don't purchase from Lamestop anymore. Amazon FTW.

Thankfully, E3 doesn't let these lames in anymore so I don't have to deal with them at the booths.

Dude's would come up all the time "hey man, I got this great idea for a game..." always with some lame !+*% about a hot chick needing to be rescued or some other pedestrian !+*%.
eyes.gif

Gamestop was dope before when it was EB Games
pimp.gif
  The people that worked there were super friendly and knowledgeable. Now I only go to Gamestop for my annual purchase of the latest NBA 2k game and/or latest Halo release so I can't really comment as to the temperament of the current employees.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Hate 90% of these dudes. Most of them are just fanboys and have no idea about the *++% they sell. I don't purchase from Lamestop anymore. Amazon FTW.

Thankfully, E3 doesn't let these lames in anymore so I don't have to deal with them at the booths.

Dude's would come up all the time "hey man, I got this great idea for a game..." always with some lame *++% about a hot chick needing to be rescued or some other pedestrian *++%.
eyes.gif

really?
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 @ thread title.

I've personally never had a bad experience with Gamestop employees.

laugh.gif
, wow such hatred at a Gamestop.
Yeah it depends which stores, obviously not all employees are chill. But the trade ins do suck, might as well sell it off yourself. Sold most of my collection (getting some of it back when I get a new TV and PS3).

Originally Posted by magikmike

Originally Posted by jthagreat

roll.gif
 @ the thread title.
why do ppl say this?
grin.gif

grin.gif

roll.gif
killa!
It's funny that you would say that because I always scream "killa!" at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom