If you were in an interview,.....

Yo! I was asked the same thing..

I answered "Patient, willing to learn, and extremely polite".

Weaknesses: "I tend to worry a lot, so I always double check my work."

Trying to change a negative into a positive.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Punctual.
Rational.
Adaptive.
Motivated to learn & improve.
Team player (if applicable to job).

pretty much killed every other response in this thread. No need to read any further.

It would depend on the job but I'd tell them whatever they wanted to hear.

Answers that never fail though are;

Self motivated
Fast learner
Team player
Cooperative
Organized
Punctual

and if you give them a weakness make it a positive one like
Perfectionist
Sometimes have unrealistically high expectations for myself and others

nobody is mentioning their weaknesses? i still need something witty to respond to that question with

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

nobody is mentioning their weaknesses? i still need something witty to respond to that question with
kryptonite.

but the interview has to be going EXTREMELY well.

Weakness: Gets bored easily. Can count as a strength as well because you can say you always find even the littlest thing to do to keep you busy. PROFIT.

Strengths:

Hardworker
Learns quickly
Works well with others and team player (ex. If I see someone needs help, I'm not going walk away because "it's not my problem.")
Critical thinker

I've just had an evaluation done on me by my instructor and apparently my weaknesses are:

Not aggressive enough and too quiet. Can't really disagree with her, though, I definitely need to work on those things.

ooooh, i see we're looking for some new NT mods

Strengths:
-Fast learner
-Hard worker
-No complaining

Weak:
-Won't do it if not motivated

strengths:
organized
capable of multi-tasking
working with others
very analytical
strategical-thinker

weakness:
lose interest/focus easily
forgetful

you just threw out your strengths in the garbage can after saying your weaknesses. those aren't exactly minor
laugh.gif
I say choose other weaknesses that won't overthrow your strengths.

Hard-worker
Determined
Effiecient
and wavy lets not forget wavy
i'd say if i were to do,, to through me in the ocean....so that i could die wavy....yeah

Originally Posted by JRose5

Curious to see other members replies.

JR5

I wouldn't say a thing anyone has posted so far in this thread. They are beyond cliche. Every candidate says that, do you want to be just "anothercandidate"? Or do you want to stand out? When they ask you to "describe yourself", you want to keep it short, but relevant to the job. Tell themwhat you've been doing recently, maybe what motivated you to come here and what career you are looking for - for starters. You could go a lot of places,but again, keep it detailed and relevant to the job.

As far as strengths and weaknesses.. again, relate it to the job. As always, avoid cliches. Interviewers hate hearing those. If you are going to say them, atleast back it up with a specific example - then it could work. A tip when the interviewer asks about your weaknesses: a lot of people say you should convert astrength to sound like a weakness. That is the oldest trick in the book and trust me, it does not make you look good: you just sound desperate for the job. Bereal, we are all human, we all have weaknesses somewhere, no one is perfect. Maybe you are more reserved? Being reserved might affect communication at theworkplace. BUT, the key thing to say following your weakness is a detailed example of how you are working towards solving that weakness and maybe what you havelearned from having that weakness as opposed to not having the weakness.

"Recently I have taken steps towards adjusting my reserved nature and becoming more open and talkative towards peers, especially in professional andacademic environments. For instance, this past Summer I was in an accelerated French course and rather than being reserved, I chose to quickly make friends andcommunicate openly towards peers and teachers. This allowed for a resourceful atmosphere, which I am certain everyone including myself benefited from. Frombeing less reserved, I have learned to benefit from open communication and exercising crucial teamwork skills." Again, keep it detailed and relevant tothe job. I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom