I'm from Canada! Oh! Oh! Oh! CANADA

This thread is about the MEN'S GOLD MEDAL OLYMPIC HOCKEY GAME...so all you dudes that jus coming in here to hate eat a $%#%
mad.gif
....WE WON and even though I might have got carried away when making the thread, $#$% it I was hype we jus won in overtime...and the whole country was going ape %!@%...to put it into perspective imagine L.A when they won thats how all of Canada felt when we won that game yeaterday...other than the blue jays winning the back to back world series (from what I can remember) and the Hockey Gold medal in Salt Lake I never seen it get this crazy
pimp.gif

my dude carlos tevez stay coming with them stats

There seems to be an overwhelming amount of hate being disguised as patriotism by both sides of the border in here. I throughly enjoyed the entire duration of the games and the atmosphere on the streets of downtown was incredible. Anyone notice, a couple hours after the hockey win, how many people where outside just walking, playing sports, talking their kids to the park, etc. and how many games of road hockey were going on it was crazy.

Curious if anybody has seen the Nike Air Trainer 1s Mid MMX they did for the canadian hockey team.  They did one in a black red white colorway and black gold white.  I saw them on Nike.com Canada but you can't order off the site and it just gives you store locators.  I havn't had any luck in the US, I'm in minneapolis btw.  If anybody could help me track these down I would make it worth while...$$$ Any help appreciated sorry if this seems off topic but it does have something to do with Canadian hockey.   Also I like Canada..  Want to try to get to Vancouver soon... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Samples PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

I find it funny when Americans (especially those in NY) always bring up that Winter/Cold issue when for the past few Winters it's been worse over there while here has been been light.

Whoever moved this to the Canada forum has some explaining to do.

You dont see any "NYC" or "Cali" or "Chicago" appreciation threads being moved to regional sub-forums.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Mister Friendly, that just goes to show how ignorant some Americans are. You can accuse Canadians of having an inferiority complex all you want but at least many of them are aware of what is going on in the world around them. How many Americans even know what the capital of Canada is? It's kind of sad that some Americans talk about how great their country is and how they'd never want to live anywhere else when they pretty much dont know what the rest of the world is like. It's kind of like driving a Hyundai Elantra as your first car and saying "This is the best car ever! I'll never want to try or own any other car!"

To the genius that said "Canadians watch American movies/listen to American songs"...lets not forget that an estimated 2000 Hollywood movies/tv shows have been shot in Canada in the last few years. Lets not forget that Americans watch a great amount of Canadian actors and listen to a lot of Canadian musicians. Lets not forget that many successful comedians in the U.S. are Canadian, and decide to make the move to the U.S. because your population is 10x bigger.

And to the geniuses that said "no one in America cares". Apparently 27.6 million Americans cared (the amount of people that watched it on NBC yesterday).  NBC got more viewers yesterday for a sport "no one cares about" than the 2009 World Series and 2009 NBA Finals.

Edit: Canada will never win as many medals as the U.S. in any Olympics. Not when they have 10x the population as us and continue to spend more money to train their athletes.

About the Elantra comment its not just the USA telling them themselves they are so great its the rest of the world too. Look at the election of Obama, the whole world reacted to that. Look at musicans like U2 they dont feel like they made til they are big in the USA. I dont know what to tell you, thats just the way it is with the US.

Canada is a great country, I like the people there. If  it was cheaper,the weather was better and I had American TV.
laugh.gif
 I could live there over the US.

Basically what I'm saying is Canada be happy with what you got and not try to compare yourselves to the USA( consicouslly and sub-consicously)

this is some bull#$%^ mods why would you move the thread to canada section its not regional....ya'll are some &^$ holes...
mad.gif

MAN.. the past week in Vancity have been ABSOLUTELY BANANAS! From the Heineken House to the Damian Marley concert to the fireworks lighting up the sky every night to watching the game winning goal by Crosby in Robson Square and joining the Sea of Red parade On Granville + Robson Street...... I've never been more proud of Canada and most of all, the people of Vancouver.

I've never seen so many people clumped up together in unity showing Canadian pride and love... folks were standing on top of their cars, giving random high 5's and giving hugs to people all around. It was truly amazing to see 200,000+ people just bursting in song anywhere andsinging the national anthem.
laugh.gif

took a lot of pics and vids, I'll upload them in a few days.

the only drawback about this whole experience is the debt Vancouver owes since we spent over 2 bil on the games. expect the HST tax and the cost of living to skyrocket... cost of living in vancity is expensive enough already
ohwell.gif

When Crosby scored that goal, it was also the same moment every single Canadian on the planet became one. It actually brought tears to my eye. It's just so sad that it's over now.

pimp.gif
frown.gif

SMH at them moving it here, I thought someone made a new thread here though and it actually got to 16 pages with just us
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I hate, with a passion, how when Canadians travel abroad they put a Canadian flag on their backpack so no-one mistakes them for Americans.

So gay.

You would be surprised at how many Americans try and pass themselves off as Canadians when travelling abroad. Hence the joke: What do you call an American travelling abroad? A fake Canadian. Seriously though, I agree, it can be a bit corny to have your flag stitched onto your backpack. But the last time I looked, the American flag is plastered everywhere, and not just on backpacks. It is called/deemed patriotism if I am not mistaken (by Americans), which is totally acceptable. Anyway, I do not know why  this thread has become a childish “we are better

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

About the Elantra comment its not just the USA telling them themselves they are so great its the rest of the world too. Look at the election of Obama, the whole world reacted to that. Look at musicans like U2 they dont feel like they made til they are big in the USA. I dont know what to tell you, thats just the way it is with the US.

Canada is a great country, I like the people there. If  it was cheaper,the weather was better and I had American TV.
laugh.gif
 I could live there over the US.

Basically what I'm saying is Canada be happy with what you got and not try to compare yourselves to the USA( consicouslly and sub-consicously)

THIS! 

I'm Canadian and all the Canadians can argue all they want (comedians, filming movies here, etc.) at the end of the day, they are still American media. People don't aspire to make it big in Canada..........you head down when you get big in Canada.

On the other hand, some Americans need to get a grip on what's going on outside of the US. I see why you guys are so oblivious and cocky but yeah it doesn't mean its cool, you just look real ignorant. Start realizing whats going on around the world. 

this song has been on repeat for the last week...  it's truly sad the olympics r over
frown.gif
. i love vancouver.

who ever the hell said we shud win hockey by a mile get the f**k outta here...a win is a win not matter we won by a mile or a meter

Back
Top Bottom