"I'm from New York City"

tropical fantasy aka the sperm killer
pimp.gif

Not for nothing, but a lot of these "tests" are based on your experience as a ny'er. The Houston question is probably one of the only questions every NY'er would answer the same. Born and raised in queens and up until a year or two I had no idea what DUMBO meant. I had to ask my wife. She's from BK.

On that note, who remembers 10 cent ice pops?

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

To tell a real authentic BK dude [since that's the boro cats always false claim] ask em where their parents took them for school supplies growing up if they don't say Bobby's or Conway 9/10 their not an authentic BK head!
I used to go to Caldor on the top floor of the Atlantic Center before it shut down. Went to Rite Aid ever since. Bobby's was too far and Conway was always a mad house.
eek.gif

roll.gif
 bobby's woooooooooow...ya took it back when i lived in flatbush my moms used to stay sending me to the one on church for pink lotion......if u never got your school uniform from cookies or young world you're not from NY IDGAF what anyone says...also anyone remember flatbush pavilion? we used to call it the batcave
laugh.gif
Forget the Pavilion, remember the movie theater on Church Ave? They got it replaced with a Modells (Another NY Test), anyway I remember some dude got shot up when they was playin Life (Ironic huh) and they closed it down....... Anyway I put going to Temptations on my bucket list cuz I swore to myself I would never go clubbin in BK but I had this white girl from Miami tell me about it so I'm dumb embarassed.......
roll.gif

I never say I'm from New York City. I just say I'm from Brooklyn when people ask.

Yeah, I just state that I'm from the Bronx.

I was unaware that people were lying about stuff like this. That's incredibly lame.

Ask them why they have gay pride week 
If they say because our last mayor was a cross dresser they're definitely from New York son

Spoiler [+]
giuliani_in_drag.jpg

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

To tell a real authentic BK dude [since that's the boro cats always false claim] ask em where their parents took them for school supplies growing up if they don't say Bobby's or Conway 9/10 their not an authentic BK head!
I used to go to Caldor on the top floor of the Atlantic Center before it shut down. Went to Rite Aid ever since. Bobby's was too far and Conway was always a mad house.
eek.gif

roll.gif
 bobby's woooooooooow...ya took it back when i lived in flatbush my moms used to stay sending me to the one on church for pink lotion......if u never got your school uniform from cookies or young world you're not from NY IDGAF what anyone says...also anyone remember flatbush pavilion? we used to call it the batcave
laugh.gif
Forget the Pavilion, remember the movie theater on Church Ave? They got it replaced with a Modells (Another NY Test), anyway I remember some dude got shot up when they was playin Life (Ironic huh) and they closed it down....... Anyway I put going to Temptations on my bucket list cuz I swore to myself I would never go clubbin in BK but I had this white girl from Miami tell me about it so I'm dumb embarassed.......
roll.gif
The Kenmore Theater...I used to live 2 blocks down from it, on East 21st .

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Ask them if they know what a Dollar Van is

lmao i was waiting for someone to talk about a dollar van.. thats def a BK thing for sure. utica ave!

Originally Posted by dboulders

lmao i was waiting for someone to talk about a dollar van.. thats def a BK thing for sure. utica ave!

They have Dollar Vans on more places than just Utica...
Flatbush
Ave H
& Remsen

pretty much (Flatbush, East Flatbush & Canarsie areas)

Yea...I'm from NYC
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stixx

Originally Posted by dboulders

They have Dollar Vans on more places than just Utica...
Flatbush
Ave H
& Remsen

pretty much (Flatbush, East Flatbush & Canarsie areas)

Yea...I'm from NYC
pimp.gif

i got you. im familiar with the ones on utica. i used to work at a dealership on utica and kings, and had to take a dollar van from the train station.. where you from bro?

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

When we moved to Cleveland when I was 5 - when people in school like my teacher asked me where I was from I would say New York; cause that's where I was from.

Fast forward 15-18 years later, when I moved to California and people asked where I was from I would say Cleveland; cause that's where I was from.

So to this day, some people from elementary school know me as the kid from NYC, or that man from Cleveland lol. When I realized that recently, I went
eyes.gif
. But still, I always rep Cleveland when someone asks unless they ask where I was born. But my families roots are all NYC. My uncles, cousins, aunts, etc..

But you know you were born in NYC when your Social Security Number starts with '0'
laugh.gif

WORD!!! I never noticed that. All my friends have socials that start with "0"
why do you know all your friends socials begin with 0... ?
Word. Thats what Im saying

Damn How could I miss this thread?

Anyway, Crown Heights/ East Flatbush FTW!!

Yo I could go back to Trinidad and tell people that I'm from NYC and they are stoked. THEN I say im from Brooklyn and its like they lose their minds with awe.
Its hilarious to me, then you get treated like a King.

kennedy fried chicken
coco, cherry, mango
conway
only 3 rides a day on that student metrocard
30t6p3b.gif

nutcrackers in harlem
chimichurri trucks
pimp.gif

if you in The Bronx then you know that the lebanon hospital is a piece of $#!^
lincoln hospital was once known as the butcher shop (born there)
finefare
bravo
duane reade
jimmy jazz
dr. jays
most sneaker spots in The Bronx are owned by asian people
modells
that shiskabob place in walton and fordham
that abandoned military place in jerome near kingsbridge
etc

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This can be said about ANYONE that claims they are from any major city.

Seriously, I grew up in MD right outside of DC and dudes stay claiming they're from SE. Im like son we've been going to school together since 1st grade....
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 #+$@#* are NOTORIOUS for this out here 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes got a grandmother they used to spend Sundays with growing up out in South East and they claiming territory like they grew up there. 

I live in PG county, Clinton to be exact, and I was born in DC, I don't claim it like I've lived there my whole life. Yes, I rep the entire DMV area, Yes I spend almost everyday In Virginia and DC, but I live in Maryland. I have lived in Maryland my entire life until I moved out to Arlington 2 years ago, which even now I've moved back to Maryland. 

Sometimes people try so hard to be from "the city" that they don't realize that its not where you're from, it's where you're at... If you were born in NYC and your family moved to VA when you were 4, YOU ARE FROM VIRGINIA... Stop fronting like you are an inner city kid. Hell, I'm from PG county and a lot of us are more of inner city kids than these #+$@#* parading around claiming to be from NYC. 

If you can't navigate through a metro/subway system by yourself or give instructions by street names through a city district, don't even claim any inner city. Alot of cats be fakin'... And its a shame. I'm proud of where I'm from. I may have grown up in a suburbia home, but that doesn't dictate who I am. 

I love this entire area, from MD to DC to VA, but I know where I'm from. No point in lying about it to people for "cool points"
30t6p3b.gif

Oh yeah, and If you don't know where the hood ends and where what we like to call "where the white people live" starts, just tell the truth when someone asks you where you're from. 

edit- 

But you know whats really bad? Those Cali kids who throw up the LA with their fingers, knowing damn well they're not from LA. Just because you're from cali don't mean you're from LA. 

Stop reppin' those Lakers snapbacks and get yourself an Adidas Trailblazers flexi-fit cap
30t6p3b.gif

And to my PG heads, I understand our technical team for Maryland is the Ravens, but we all know damn well the ******** is our home team. They play in Landover right around the corner from the BLVD. Stop reppin' that black/purple. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

kennedy fried chicken
coco, cherry, mango
conway
30t6p3b.gif

nutcrackers in harlem
chimichurri trucks
pimp.gif

finefare
bravo
duane reade
jimmy jazz
dr. jays
modells
etc

pimp.gif

Basics in Co-op City. 
pimp.gif
 I used to get my kicks from there back in high school. If blacks are spending their money on a product, asians are most likely owners of those shops. 
laugh.gif
 Especially when it comes to hair products. 

It's alarming how often people from outside areas (Rockland Co. & LI, to be specific) try to claim the boroughs. 
tired.gif

What ya'll ninjas know about Alexanders ???  That was way before most of ya'll time.  Used to have one on Queens Blvd ..

That's why I state my City and not my State. Folks thought I was from NYC when I said NEW YORK, they even said I had a NY accent. I'm from Buffalo we so far from NYC but now I just say UPstate NY

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

kennedy fried chicken
coco, cherry, mango
conway
30t6p3b.gif

nutcrackers in harlem
chimichurri trucks
pimp.gif

finefare
bravo
duane reade
jimmy jazz
dr. jays
modells
etc

pimp.gif
Coco is that stuff. 
pimp.gif

And word, alot of sneaker spots in the Bronx are owned by Asians. 
laugh.gif

What exactly is that building in Kingsbridge? Is it really an abandoned military area?

Originally Posted by D0nny Donowitz

It's alarming how often people from outside areas (Rockland Co. & LI, to be specific) try to claim the boroughs. 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
$+%* out of here. Its like an 1 hour drive away.

Back
Top Bottom